• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Rio Yellow Turbo build

CT Engineering and Driving Ambition made a small batch of the old style billet RSTB for some other owners and myself. I opted for anodized silver which is darker than the clear. I thought this would compliment the intake manifold and coil pack covers. I love the engraved Driving Ambition logo. The brace is darker than it appears inthis photo. I will post another pic once I see it on the car. Thanks again Nate and Shad !

Attachments

• NSX CT Brace.jpg
    NSX CT Brace.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,203
I concur

It was very fast but the car handles the power so well that you just get used to it ( You get bored). I think the perfect setup would be 500 RWHP but I am going for a little bit more than that. Once the NSX has 400 RWHP you realize how GREAT this chassis is and how much more it can handle. My freind's car has 500 RWHP with my old Lovefab setup and it still handles the power extremely well. If you think you will be satisfied with 400 RWHP but I would suggest a turbo system with a GT35R so you can get quicker spool and more torque. BTW my old setup with the PT67 did not feel laggy at all. I liked it better than the instant boost on the typical CTSC setups because the car was very easy to manage while making great torque at the same time. If you are ready for FI send me a PM and I and give you some good ideas.

With my setup I have the choice of 400whp or 500whp and its as u said, at 400 it's enjoyable but 500 fulfills your need for speed. I actually wanted 550whp but was advised that it would be risky with my SOS stage1 build. I then looked at the extra power vs what it would cost and decided to stay with a "safe tune". I was told after 550-600whp U start to have controllability issues due2 power and weight of car.
I can imagine what 600 feels like....it would had been nice, congrats on your build.

With my setup I have the choice of 400whp or 500whp and its as u said, at 400 it's enjoyable but 500 fulfills your need for speed. I actually wanted 550whp but was advised that it would be risky with my SOS stage1 build. I then looked at the extra power vs what it would cost and decided to stay with a "safe tune". I was told after 550-600whp U start to have controllability issues due2 power and weight of car.
I can imagine what 600 feels like....it would had been nice, congrats on your build.

You made the right choice. 500 is plenty. Why risk another motor build for 50 rwhp.

Would like to see your car if you ever go to any C&C or other events in the area :cool:

CT Engineering and Driving Ambition made a small batch of the old style billet RSTB for some other owners and myself. I opted for anodized silver which is darker than the clear. I thought this would compliment the intake manifold and coil pack covers. I love the engraved Driving Ambition logo. The brace is darker than it appears inthis photo. I will post another pic once I see it on the car. Thanks again Nate and Shad !

:smile::smile::cool:

Stoptech BBK is next on the list.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX side view.jpg
    NSX side view.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 884
Last edited:
Amazing amazing build thread. Can't believe I missed this one.

i have been a fan of your car for a long long time (since the work wheel days)

Keep the updates coming!

Last edited:
Impressive numbers and journey! Had the opportunity to see (drool over) your build in person, as my car was a stable (lift) mate at DA.

By chance, do you have any video and tell the difference in feel going from single to TT?
I know the additional ponies has to be a beast.
How is the spool time on TT vs single?

Last edited:
By chance, do you have any video and tell the difference in feel going from single to TT?
I know the additional ponies has to be a beast.
How is the spool time on TT vs single?

I'm sorry for the delayed response. It is a HUGE difference but I have several contributing factors.
1. Built engine
2. 3.5 Comptech Stroker engine
3. More boost

The car has a more immediate response than before. I was never dissatisfied with the single but it would never respond like the twins will no matter what I did. The boost comes on so quick and and it pulls with no fade to the redline. My dyno HP and TQ drop off in the chart after 7K but you cannot feel it at all.

I'm sorry for the delayed response. It is a HUGE difference but I have several contributing factors.
1. Built engine
2. 3.5 Comptech Stroker engine
3. More boost

The car has a more immediate response than before. I was never dissatisfied with the single but it would never respond like the twins will no matter what I did. The boost comes on so quick and and it pulls with no fade to the redline. My dyno HP and TQ drop off in the chart after 7K but you cannot feel it at all.

That's all the education I needed/deciding factor. 3.5 now is a must have.
Please post video when you get a chance. I haven't found one impressive NSX TT video posted yet.

Back