• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

What mirrors are those? Couldn't seem to find it through search.

The mirrors are GruppeM Aero Mirrors. They are power unlike many of the other aftermarket mirrors available.

I would just like to know you guys are OK ...

thread gets locked, PM's unanswered, then this thread re-appears ...

regards, Paul

Last edited:
Hey Paul!,

The thread was locked as I was once again having buyer's remorse! lol This coupled with the fact that I found a almost perfect R8 really had me on the fence with this build.

As far as Gil goes, well he's been cheating on me and my blue baby with his day job. What a jerk huh? :)

I know at least a few of you have been waiting for updates to this thread. Gil has been working on the body and pics should be up soon!

Technocraft has provided me the very first set of their new T5 seats. These seats haven't been "officially" released yet, so I will update a little more about them when they are released. All I can tell you is that they may just be the perfect seat for those of us who aren't built like a male model. lol A big thanks to Leo at Password JDM for all the help!

I've recently decided to begin with both a complete interior and engine/transmission build. I've sourced every interior part I need minus door panels, but should have those very shortly.

I am in the process of purchasing a 3.2L engine from a fellow prime member. Let the stroker begin! I'm still deciding what I want the final displacement to be, but I am thinking 3.6L.

I've also found a 6-speed transmission that I will have re-worked to handle my desired HP goals.

A fellow prime member contacted me about a set of comptech cams that he may be willing to part with. Fingers are crossed.

For axles, I will be purchasing a set of 1K HP Insane Shafts.

That about does it for now. Stay tuned for pics very shortly.

This build is coming along great and I look forward to hopefully being able to help you with the interior part.

Doug

Thanks Doug,

Cannot wait to see what you do with the interior!

Sorry folks, time to backfill with pics.

Body re-mounted makes time to update the body to accommodate the wheels.

1429494473_zps9da8de74.jpg

Sectioning begins!
1429494499_zpsd9ed1ec5.jpg

1429494505_zpsa789f189.jpg

With the Quarter panels modified I had to update the Side skirts and rear quarter to accommodate the new width and the alignment.
1429494457_zps4f353875.jpg

Front and rear beams also have been updated and lightened.
1429494429_zps5246d6a7.jpg

Last edited:
That looks of fun! Awesome work Synergy! Cant wait to see this thing done

Sorry folks, time to backfill with pics.

Body re-mounted makes time to update the body to accommodate the wheels.

1429494473_zps9da8de74.jpg

Sectioning begins!
1429494499_zpsd9ed1ec5.jpg

1429494505_zpsa789f189.jpg

With the Quarter panels modified I had to update the Side skirts and rear quarter to accommodate the new width and the alignment.
1429494457_zps4f353875.jpg

Front and rear beams also have been updated and lightened.
1429494429_zps5246d6a7.jpg

Thanks Tae, it is actually enjoyable with projects minus slight headaches but nothing that isn't part of the norm regarding Build projects. Taking in account this is a car most would not modify, Chris has taken the extra, extra, super extra step to not have any OEM part/components/screw/washer, interior part...... touched but replaced with OEM and/or quality aftermarket purchased parts to be modified with having the option to always reverse the modification.

1429707591_zpsadd1828a.jpg

1429707578_zps21820dd1.jpg

Technocraft has some of the fastest response to shipping when an order is pushed through. These are the very first T5 Seats. With issues on the first two models the T5 is a blend of the T2 and T4 to accommodate waist, shoulder and head room for the NSX.
1429707612_zps3dfdf7bb.jpg

b6445931-d5df-475b-b609-583bb9826019_zps0dsgmwiw.jpg

No more Green!
e3db0183-fd0a-4184-bfd1-3b850753731f_zpsqkwsq9gf.jpg

Last edited:
lol I hear you Synergy. Best way to de-stress from daily stress = lock myself in the garage and play with car parts! Good luck on the build and thank you for sharing the progress. I am learning a lot from this build

Looks like an amazing build so far!

Any plans to put padding on those seats?

Yes Sir! Since the seats have not been officially released yet, Technocraft is actually producing the pads. The pads for these seats will be made of black alcantara and will consist of three different pieces; they will include headrest, back, and bottom pads.

I appreciate the kind words!

Great to see the updates ... always good to have LBBP Build fix!

Seats look incredible, as does the fabrication to the rear fenders ...

rgds, Paul

Yes Sir! Since the seats have not been officially released yet, Technocraft is actually producing the pads. The pads for these seats will be made of black alcantara and will consist of three different pieces; they will include headrest, back, and bottom pads.

I appreciate the kind words!

What seat rails are you using with the Technocraft seats?

Thanks,

Gary

I know at least a few of you have been waiting for updates to this thread. Gil has been working on the body and pics should be up soon!

Technocraft has provided me the very first set of their new T5 seats. These seats haven't been "officially" released yet, so I will update a little more about them when they are released. All I can tell you is that they may just be the perfect seat for those of us who aren't built like a male model. lol A big thanks to Leo at Password JDM for all the help!

I've recently decided to begin with both a complete interior and engine/transmission build. I've sourced every interior part I need minus door panels, but should have those very shortly.

I am in the process of purchasing a 3.2L engine from a fellow prime member. Let the stroker begin! I'm still deciding what I want the final displacement to be, but I am thinking 3.6L.

I've also found a 6-speed transmission that I will have re-worked to handle my desired HP goals.

A fellow prime member contacted me about a set of comptech cams that he may be willing to part with. Fingers are crossed.

For axles, I will be purchasing a set of 1K HP Insane Shafts.

That about does it for now. Stay tuned for pics very shortly.

Hello,
I enjoy your thorough build thread. Maybe not my cup of tea but cool and ambitious non the less. Are you building this as a track car or just as a show car?
AJ.

Hello,
I enjoy your thorough build thread. Maybe not my cup of tea but cool and ambitious non the less. Are you building this as a track car or just as a show car?
AJ.

Thanks for the kind words, AJ. My plan was to build an all-around car. While there is certainly some bling thrown in for show purposes, there was a lot of thought given to ways to improve the cars overall performance. Some may be obvious such as the chassis reinforcement items such as the NSX-R and LoveFab Braces, but it doesn't end there. The suspension is being upgraded with non-compliance bushings to make the car a little more predictable during hard driving (still saving for a complete Advance Kit at $4K). The use of Dry and Wet Carbon Fiber (Hood, Trunk, Seats, Bumper Beams, and other items) items are aimed at reducing weight to the fullest extent possible. For example, the seats are 6lbs each. With the Buddy Club Sliders, each seat will weigh approximately 16lbs. The Hood and Trunk weigh a little less than 3lbs each. The front and rear ProCar Bumper Beams are extremely light as well (I cannot remember what they weigh in at, or the savings over the factory bumper beams). Gil can tell you how many times we have discussed dry carbon fiber doors as well, but these are cost prohibitive at about $5k per set and safety is a concern as well for street driving.

The body has been modified with performance in mind as well. With Gil's awesome work, the car is running an 11.5 inch wide wheel in the back on a 315 tire. This too was considered to ensure the biggest contact patch possible. This doesn't exactly hurt the aesthetics either. :) There is another additional secrets regarding the body, but you guys will have to wait for those to be announced! Thanks to Brandon with GT Theory and WP Pro, the brakes, while huge were actually designed with NSX-R piston size in mind to mirror performance. To make the most of this modification I still have to purchase an NSX-R ABS Modulator.

Sorry for the long-winded answer to your question, but what seemed to be a simple question was really not so simple to answer.

Great to see the updates ... always good to have LBBP Build fix!

Seats look incredible, as does the fabrication to the rear fenders ...

rgds, Paul

Thanks Paul! How is your project going?

I hope we are still going cruising when you're all done/back home!

Thanks for the kind words, AJ. My plan was to build an all-around car. While there is certainly some bling thrown in for show purposes, there was a lot of thought given to ways to improve the cars overall performance. Some may be obvious such as the chassis reinforcement items such as the NSX-R and LoveFab Braces, but it doesn't end there. The suspension is being upgraded with non-compliance bushings to make the car a little more predictable during hard driving (still saving for a complete Advance Kit at $4K). The use of Dry and Wet Carbon Fiber (Hood, Trunk, Seats, Bumper Beams, and other items) items are aimed at reducing weight to the fullest extent possible. For example, the seats are 6lbs each. With the Buddy Club Sliders, each seat will weigh approximately 16lbs. The Hood and Trunk weigh a little less than 3lbs each. The front and rear ProCar Bumper Beams are extremely light as well (I cannot remember what they weigh in at, or the savings over the factory bumper beams). Gil can tell you how many times we have discussed dry carbon fiber doors as well, but these are cost prohibitive at about $5k per set and safety is a concern as well for street driving.

The body has been modified with performance in mind as well. With Gil's awesome work, the car is running an 11.5 inch wide wheel in the back on a 315 tire. This too was considered to ensure the biggest contact patch possible. This doesn't exactly hurt the aesthetics either. :) There is another additional secrets regarding the body, but you guys will have to wait for those to be announced! Thanks to Brandon with GT Theory and WP Pro, the brakes, while huge were actually designed with NSX-R piston size in mind to mirror performance. To make the most of this modification I still have to purchase an NSX-R ABS Modulator.

Sorry for the long-winded answer to your question, but what seemed to be a simple question was really not so simple to answer.

Thanks Paul! How is your project going?

I hope we are still going cruising when you're all done/back home!

You already know, Tae! I want to check your X out and your Porsche project. It will just give me another reason to be jealous of your skills!

Last edited:
No problem explaining things in a lengthy manner. I enjoy reading this stuff. Those seats look awesome. I'm dying to see what they look like with complete padding. But good lord your are making it rain money on this nsx. If you ever wanna share that feeling, I will send you my PayPal account number.:biggrin:

I believe they look like this:

attachment.php

Those look awesome but they don't look fat boy friendly. Like 40" waist friendly? Oh well I guess I can still dream at least.

Those look awesome but they don't look fat boy friendly. Like 40" waist friendly? Oh well I guess I can still dream at least.

Believe it or not, YES, they are fat boy friendly. I am no Abercrombie & Fitch Model; therefore, the seats were actually a blessing! I have officially gone through three sets of seats before finding the perfect seat.

1. Status Ring GT-X: Made for no larger waist than a 36 to be comfortable, though their advertising on the seat says something a whole lot different.

2. Sparco Evo III: Probably would've accommodated a 42 or slightly higher, but didn't fit in the NSX floor pan wise and too wide at the shoulder to fit inside with the door panel on. See for yourself!

20150121_171105.jpg
20150121_171122.jpg
20150121_171134.jpg
20150121_171142.jpg
20150121_171209.jpg
20150121_171223.jpg

Thankfully I was able to return these, though it took several months to get my money back.

3. Tecnocraft: I was researching carbon seats and came across Tecnocraft. Gave them a call and Leo was great to work with. Talked to him about the various issues I had with the previous seats and next thing I knew, two different seats were being mailed to Gil's place to test fit. Mind you, each seat runs about $2k each, but Leo sent them anyway (1 T2 and 1 T4). Gil installed both seats and provided me feedback on each. He brought friends in to sit in them with different waist sizes and builds to figure out what would be most comfortable. I was blown away with how Leo at Tecnocraft was so willing to help and the assistance he provided during the process.

As far as the padding goes, Jose is correct, there are three pads that fit much like the pictures above.

A little teaser for the next planned mod. Any guesses??? :)

20140620_135934.jpg

Last edited:
Back