• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 LBBP Route-KS Madonna Wide Body Mega Build

Chris I've had the same dilemmas with an 05 and mine is not as rare as your color but still... Three are 28 silver stone/silver 05's with a manual and like 2-3 auto. Really low numbers for a car I've heavily modified. I've purchased some "spare" OEM parts... And am considering more. But the question is... Is it worth it? When will all this extra expense become valuable enough to justify its cost?

Hey when do you get that navpod?

An arm and a leg? More like every appendage available and every expendable organ. JEEZ. Lol. Any updated pics of the car?

LOL, I received divorce paperwork today; my wallet has had enough! Pics are coming soon. It has been raining in Texas for the past month, so Gil has shifted his efforts to building an Ark. lol Pics should be up very shortly.

Chris I've had the same dilemmas with an 05 and mine is not as rare as your color but still... Three are 28 silver stone/silver 05's with a manual and like 2-3 auto. Really low numbers for a car I've heavily modified. I've purchased some "spare" OEM parts... And am considering more. But the question is... Is it worth it? When will all this extra expense become valuable enough to justify its cost?

Hey when do you get that navpod?

That is a damn good question, Dave. I guess it really depends on you and how the NSX is viewed in the years to come. I really don't look at one particular color being rarer than another when it comes to an NSX. I know some are in fact more rare than others, but overall, every NSX is rare. Those with no stories are rarer still. I guess I just wanted to keep my car a no story car. Should someone ever make me an offer I cannot refuse, I want them to be able to decide how they want the car.

While doing things the way I am doing them creates challenges (i.e. money, logistics, storage, etc.), I take comfort in the fact I have the option to change as I see fit. My family calls me crazy and says I should just buy a Lambo, Ferrari, etc., but I would do the same with them too! So, I actually come out ahead with the NSX. lol Besides, I wouldn't deal with Lambo/Ferrari of Washington for nothing. They are a bunch of assholes who drive Kia's and think they are something special because they sell exotics. I really hate them if you can't tell. Bad experience.

Pod should be shipped Monday or Tuesday it looks, so I will be hitting you up shortly.

Last edited:
ynnt_17-img600x450-1432524722jxhxrr29052.jpg

ynnt_17-img600x450-1432524723zztvbh29052.jpg

Yes, it is OEM :) and will most likely go on a Magnum Grey Pearl car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 972
Last edited:
View attachment 124281

View attachment 124282

Yes, it is OEM :) and will most likely go on a Magnum Grey Pearl car.
I always wondered what the underside of a type r cover looks like. I have a Cantrell concepts dry carbon cover. It came with the car. It looks cool till you lift the cover and see the mesh glued in place, a real corner cutter manufacturing technique. That's why I ripped out the mesh and the glue holding it. Besides, the grill doesn't do anything for uv protection. Plus it showcases the blower more on mine. Any pics of the underbelly?

Besides, the grill doesn't do anything for uv protection.

But it will save your rear screen should some debri get thrown up through the engine bay ... mine is OEM part and yes, the build quality is night and day to many of the replica's on offer ...

Chris, LBBP or MGP would both be good, but as your NSX will be so unique I am perhaps a little surprised you've not gone for a unique color (ignoring the reversal process to stock) .... Lambo offer some truly exotic colors that would be stunning ... how long before Gil gets the paint brush out for the new panels and starts bolting it all together?

Awesome build with such an eye for detail, but something you simply couldnt acheive in the UK due to limited parts availability ... we have <300 cars to share the parts around ... simply acheiving your duplicate parts list for mods would take years over here ... looking forward to the final stages of the build.

regards, Paul

So this just arrived. Things are about to get a little more crazy and a hell of a lot more expensive! lol

Engine - 2013 NSXPO 013.jpg
Engine - 2013 NSXPO 002.jpg
Engine - 2013 NSXPO 014.jpg
Engine - 2013 NSXPO 008.jpg

The stock spare cams will be replaced with aftermarket. I haven't figured out which ones to go with yet, but I am looking. My wallet, bank account, and credit cards hate me!

The spare engine did not come with valve covers or cam gears, so I will buy those shortly. Still waiting on my transmission, but that should be wrapped up pretty soon as well.

Stay tuned!

Chris, why in the world are you spending so much money on this thing? Don't be that guy that builds it and then sells less than 1000 miles later! :biggrin:

Chris, why in the world are you spending so much money on this thing? Don't be that guy that builds it and then sells less than 1000 miles later! :biggrin:

Do it once and do it right! I plan on being buried in this car!

Do it once and do it right! I plan on being buried in this car!

Just make sure you get many many miles on her before that day arrives my friend!!

Health to enjoy, rgds Paul

I would have just bought a McClaren for the amount that is being spent on this build. But keep the pics coming. Your like a encyclopedia for parts!!!!:biggrin:

You guys are great! I love the comments. So would this be a bad time to let you guys in on the remaining mods???? :) Also, I really appreciate everyone who has been following my thread. I promise that there is something coming soon that will make your patience pay off.

Just make sure you get many many miles on her before that day arrives my friend!!

Health to enjoy, rgds Paul

Haha,

Thanks Paul! I do need to live long enough for Gil and I to meet up with you. It is too bad there is no way to get our cars together for a photoshoot. I have a feeling that you and Gil's car would steal the show. I haven't seen the Magnum Grey Pearl in person, but Gil has been nice enough to send me a ton of pics. I wanted so badly to go magnum, but Gil talked me out of it for good reason. I thought about custom colors, but I really wanted to stay with OEM paint. Besides, God only the takes the good ones, so I figure I will be around for a long while to come! :)

I would have just bought a McClaren for the amount that is being spent on this build. But keep the pics coming. Your like a encyclopedia for parts!!!!

AJ,

Have you been talking to my family??? lol Trust me, I've heard that plenty of times and have occasionally thought the same. To be honest, the NSX is really a hard car to beat. Plenty of aftermarket support, maintenance costs are reasonable, and I really just love the car. When I sold my Rio Yellow, I almost cried like a big baby!

Chris, why in the world are you spending so much money on this thing? Don't be that guy that builds it and then sells less than 1000 miles later!

It will take me quite some time to reach 1k miles, but I will go for three so I don't look like a punk!

I thought i had spent a lot!!!

Uh, you did pimp! I'm just trying to catch up to you!

Last edited:
These builds on prime are great. Makes my small purchases more justifiable. If I only had the budget I would do a build thread too.

I know car included I am now over 160. It's insane. It's more than double what I paid for the 05 itself. Of course the blower just came off but that's temporary for the bigger thing. It makes me feel less lonely to see someone else doing the same LOL. I don't know where you are at with numbers or if you've just lost count but it would somehow comfort me if you were over that. I am not even counting labor. Anyway Chris it's s labor of love, you're doing an amazing job, and I'm glad to be seeing more of the Uber NSX's floating around.

I'm about 54,000 into my salvaged 91 so I know where your coming from. I think these cars really have souls that force you not to let go:cool:

Wow 160?! That's awesome! Not many Nsx owners seem to be willing to go that deep! I'm at around 6k .. It's like a blip in your guys builds!

It's been along time coming and today marks the day where you all will see a lot of post from me.
if your asking asking yourself why? well here are a few pictures of what I'm starting with and progress pics will be posted as I go.

Back