• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2008 Lotus Esprit?

Looks good, but is it real?

2008-Lotus-Esprit-Redesigned-A-640.jpeg

I would consider buying this if the quality and performance were right.

Someone emailed me the pic with no information attached. Has somewhat of an R8 look on the rear quarter panels. Is it just a Photoshop job, though?

:eek: WOW!!! I think we have a winner....

This may be my next dream car. We'll have to see what it looks like when it actually comes out though...

2008esprit.jpg

lotus_esprit_artist.jpg

2008_lotus_esprit.jpg

New_Esprit_2008.jpg

Why can't Honda do something like this/R8 with a Honda twist and Honda reliability!??!?! :frown:

Hopefully they use as much Toyota parts as possible so it'll last more than a trip around the block!

Are you sure that is not the Lotus Gallardo? It sure looks just like a Gallardo.

Old photoshopped pics, the Gallardo was used for the front end. I'm pretty sure I read about that here, but it might have been the Lotus forums.

I can only really think of one thing that british car companies consistently accomplish, this car will probably fit the bill if it's ever produced. I'll pick this up right after a DB9, when reliability, durability, resale, value, and performance are all outweighed by looks alone.

I imagine everything will be new with this car. Who knows if it'll be unreliable. Its possible it could be just fine.

There have been a bunch of photoshops floating around — most from people who hae talked to sources. I think if you look at them as a whole, you can understand the design language Lotus is going for.

From the Elise to the possibly new Esprit, they are becoming a favorite car company of mine.

I'd be very interested to see what kind of powerplant goes into this car. That was the fatal flaw of the old Esprit. Gorgeous car, but it always seemed to be trying to look pretty sitting on the side of the road or in a repair shop.

Didn't Fifth Gear buy one as a project car and it blew up on them twice, the turbo's crapped out, and the tranny broke, was rebuilt, and then broke again after like 50 miles. I think they scrapped the project after that.

Anyway... has anyone heard speculations on the engine? Lotus built, or something else dropped in like the elise?

Back