• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2012 Hottest NSX FINALS

Which is the Hottest NSX 2012

• Vrooom

Votes: 112 53.6%
  • 3.5LNSXR

Votes: 97 46.4%

• Total voters
I think it is the motor/SC combo. The rarity of some of the parts ( real type R guage cluster ) and little things. It is truly a killer car. Yea original color but so many parts on this thing.. It's incredible. And I'm not just saying that because we did a lot of the work, It is a very respectable car in every way.

Stormriders is amazing. We loved building that car.

I will agree with you that both cars are amazing. But c'mon man. Your bias is pretty obvious on the multiple contest threads where you have voted. It's clear you want your customer's cars to win, which is perfectly fine. I don't even mind the behind the scenes lobbying/campaigning to get your customer cars "votes."

Last edited:
I will agree with you that both cars are amazing. But c'mon man. Your bias is pretty obvious on the multiple contest threads where you have voted. It's clear you want your customer's cars to win, which is perfectly fine. I don't even mind the behind the scenes lobbying/campaigning to get your customer cars "votes."

Wrong. I voted for the car I like the most in every thread. I personally like Sky's car. I like how fast it is. How rare some of the parts are etc. I like vrooms also. Very much so actually. It just isn't my style. That doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of it. DO I think Tommy's car or Sky's is better or will win against vroom? Nope. As I stated. Vroom is on another level with his NSX. Would I like tommys or skys better? yes. That is why I voted the way I did.

Behind the scenes lobbying? You mean telling people on my facebook page to vote? Notice I posted ( if your an nsxprime member go vote ) What is wrong with that? Not everyone was watching the contests and I have a bunch of friends on facebook who are nsx owners and prime members.

Either way , I absolutely want my customers cars to win. Stormriders and 3.5's cars are great. They have a bunch of mods and tons of work done. Not just I voted and everyone who won, won fairly. SO not sure what your trying to get to here..

Last edited:
Both cars are awesome, I voted for 3.5LNSXR because he's the under dog :)

I thinks it's all in fun. Honestly, I can't imagine anyone thinks their car is better that any one else's. Like I said in a previous match-up, The most important thing is that everyone enjoys their own car.

We've got some pretty bad a$$ cars in this online community. The fact this online contest has been running for so long is proof of that.

I may not agree with your vision entirely as I would have made some different design decisions personally, but the pro level of craftsmanship and attention to detail still makes this the hottest NSX IMO. The interior especially is simply mind blowing. Easy decision this time!

Few people can match the quality of yor fabrication work Jeff. I am going to have to DQ you next year so you don't win every year. LOL

That is.... Unless you do more updates then I am forced to put you in again. :D

3.5LNSXR, Now that is an NSX. Vrooom NSX doesn't even look like and NSX anymore. I will give Vrooom props for all the hard work he put into the mods though..:cool:.

At the end of the day both are WINNERS in their own way :wink:.

3.5LNSXR, Now that is an NSX. Vrooom NSX doesn't even look like and NSX anymore. I will give Vrooom props for all the hard work he put into the mods though..:cool:.

At the end of the day both are WINNERS in their own way :wink:.

Agreed both winners but what do you mean Vroooms dont look like an NSX anymore? I guess the SuperGT/JGTC ones dont look like NSX's either?!! At least he didnt do that Veilside NSX change...now THAT doesnt look like an NSX anymore. =D

Agreed both winners but what do you mean Vroooms dont look like an NSX anymore? I guess the SuperGT/JGTC ones dont look like NSX's either?!! At least he didnt do that Veilside NSX change...now THAT doesnt look like an NSX anymore. =D
To me it just doesnt look like an NSX anymore. The. Line of the NSX isnt there. That goes for the SuperGT and the JGTC also. Its nice but gets boring after seeing it to much. You can never get tired of looking at a clean stock slightly modded NSX like Synth19, of course yours to :wink:.

That's just me...:smile:

Like I said, they All look good in their own way...

I think Vrooom did an amazing job keeping the car very NSX in his 2.0 version. The first version was more questionable, Ferrari style taillights and various other Ferrari cues (even the color). Now, version 2.0 is just modern NSX. and that is why he gets the votes. If too many guys no longer saw NSX, I HIGHLY doubt he would get the votes he is getting. His electronics are Acura... His steering wheel, Honda. The Large calipers sport "Honda F1 Racing" logos. The taillights, an easily recognized and unique NSX item, are stock. His wing, on a such a highly modified car, is a lot more NSX than the wings and spoilers I've seen on many other NSX's. Jeff is a truly talented guy and I am happy he is getting the recognition his hard work and good taste deserves.

agreed with caroline. there no denying that vroom's ideas+taste; workmanship; attention to detail is absolutely top notch.

but to me, it doesnt look like an nsx anymore.

To me it just doesnt look like an NSX anymore. The. Line of the NSX isnt there. That goes for the SuperGT and the JGTC also. Its nice but gets boring after seeing it to much. You can never get tired of looking at a clean stock slightly modded NSX like Synth19, of course yours to :wink:.

Honestly, I like to here what peoples opinions and input is. Good, bad or indifferent. It would be boring if everyone thought the same thing.

My car is just an interpretation of what a modern GT NSX could look like. I can understand where other people might not like it... Heck, I even like the old Camaro way better than the new one. :wink:

The thread states "The Hottest NSX" which IMO implies modded NSX and Jeff's by far top the list even before the ITB. Many of us are blessed with mad bolt-on skills(me included :biggrin:), but not many of us are blessed with Jeff's styling, vision, integration, mad craftsman skills and attention to detail thus his NSX should take the top honor w/ ease. Most of the AM WBs are bought and some are just too ricey full of afterthought and the bodies don't flow well except Ken's FXMD WB. Back in 08, Mugen built a WB below, while the quality and the fit are top notch plus the trick longitudinal/sequential layout, the style is on the ricey side for me but that just personal opinion.
I am pretty sure Mugen has much more resources than Jeff(& his small crew) thus makes his creation/modifications so much more amazing.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2009/06/car_feature_gt_gt_mugen_nsx_rr_concept/

Now if we had a "the hottest garage queen", that is gonna be much more difficult to pick.

Last edited:
I love the interior of the White. Is there a link for the interior build? happy new year.

As previously stated, both of these cars outstanding.

However, basing my vote of "Hotness" for the Hottest NSX of 2012, I've got to vote for 3.5LNSXR.
I might just have a thing for red, but that machine is drop-dead gorgeous.

Lucas

IMO, these two cars should not be competing against each other. One is custom and one is a modified stock. Vroom car should win in the custom or widebody category and 3.5 car should win in the regular category. Both cars are beautiful. 3.5 car is the only red nsx that me likey. Already voted a few days ago.
Carry on.............

IMO, these two cars should not be competing against each other. One is custom and one is a modified stock. Vroom car should win in the custom or widebody category and 3.5 car should win in the regular category. Both cars are beautiful. 3.5 car is the only red nsx that me likey. Already voted a few days ago.
Carry on.............

We already had categories, and there were category winners. But there can only be one hottest. So categories, even though different, were put against each other. It's still an NSX. Custom wide body or not people can speak with their vote.

Yeah, I hear ya.... I'm just such a JGTC/SuperGT NSX fan boy I've bought video games JUST to drive the NSX's.. lol...

A few months ago I kept walking around my car wondering why it still didnt "grab" me like I expected.. I LOVE it..dont get me wrong..but something was missing from my dream NSX in my head (besides the obvious wheels and hood). Then I turned my head sideways and said "Ah HAH!!!" no OEM rear wing. The DF R wing is cool, but thats what the difference was to me...so I 100% get what you mean by natural lines.

The thing that bugs me with most WB NSXs is the open spot behind the front fender flare. It looks like it wasn't finished. There's a 1991 yellow 'Comptech-style' (as he puts it) WB in For Sale that is definitely my favorite.

Last edited:
Back