• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2012 Hottest NSX FINALS

Which is the Hottest NSX 2012

• Vrooom

Votes: 112 53.6%
  • 3.5LNSXR

Votes: 97 46.4%

• Total voters
I don't see the poll anywhere? But, I wanted to cast my vote for Vroom. :)

I'm pretty sure you viewed it on your cell/mobile?

For some reason the poll doesn't show up on cell phones/mobile versions!

I'm pretty sure you viewed it on your cell/mobile?

For some reason the poll doesn't show up on cell phones/mobile versions!

Yup, that was it. I just viewed this again on my laptop and everything showed up fine. I voted. :)

Just voted... before seeing either interior, I thought the red one would be a slam dunk for me, but after seeing the level of detail and finish of VRoom's car, it walked away with my vote.

Still, I love the red one (and I don't even like red cars).

I thought this was going to not drag into 2013 Dave!

I waited for weeks on better photos promised to me for 3.5LNSXR. They never came. It is what delayed me. Anyway it's not the end of the world. LOL

vrooom's car would be better if he sold his rims to me... for dirt cheap..
just saying..

i voted 3.5LNSXR. I'm not a fan of the panda trend, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

shit i accidentally voted vrooom... how to undo? this is too bush/kerry to not be able to undo!

Last edited:
Has the end of this poll been determined yet?

No, I just want a meaningful spread. I'd say at least end of the month tough.... Why? you have a suggestion?

That kinda explains how my car got beaten by Stormrider's car in the GPW category.
Don't get me wrong, Stormrider's car is nice but clearly My car got more quality/unique parts than his.
I am not complaining, I was just wondering how my car got beaten that's all.
No hard feelings, just some justification reasonings.

Cheer

Wrong. I voted for the car I like the most in every thread. I personally like Sky's car. I like how fast it is. How rare some of the parts are etc. I like vrooms also. Very much so actually. It just isn't my style. That doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of it. DO I think Tommy's car or Sky's is better or will win against vroom? Nope. As I stated. Vroom is on another level with his NSX. Would I like tommys or skys better? yes. That is why I voted the way I did.

Behind the scenes lobbying? You mean telling people on my facebook page to vote? Notice I posted ( if your an nsxprime member go vote ) What is wrong with that? Not everyone was watching the contests and I have a bunch of friends on facebook who are nsx owners and prime members.

Either way , I absolutely want my customers cars to win. Stormriders and 3.5's cars are great. They have a bunch of mods and tons of work done. Not just I voted and everyone who won, won fairly. SO not sure what your trying to get to here..

Wrong. I voted for the car I like the most in every thread. I personally like Sky's car. I like how fast it is. How rare some of the parts are etc. I like vrooms also. Very much so actually. It just isn't my style. That doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of it. DO I think Tommy's car or Sky's is better or will win against vroom? Nope. As I stated. Vroom is on another level with his NSX. Would I like tommys or skys better? yes. That is why I voted the way I did.

Behind the scenes lobbying? You mean telling people on my facebook page to vote? Notice I posted ( if your an nsxprime member go vote ) What is wrong with that? Not everyone was watching the contests and I have a bunch of friends on facebook who are nsx owners and prime members.

Either way , I absolutely want my customers cars to win. Stormriders and 3.5's cars are great. They have a bunch of mods and tons of work done. Not just I voted and everyone who won, won fairly. SO not sure what your trying to get to here..

What are the rare parts that 3.5LNSXR has that you speak of? I see that he has a 3.5 liter motor, but that's about it, unless you feel that the carbon fiber center console is rare too. With VRoom's NSX it's more obvious that he has one off custom parts that he made which are rare and he has the ITB's, which as far as I know (there may be more) is 1 of 2 NSX owner who has ITB's along with Dan NA1/2-R GT.

I voted for VRoom because his NSX is at another level than the rest of the NSX's out there.

As a side note, I think the Poll is a great idea, but I would like to see the following changes for future polls.

1) Post the poll links in the NSX Owner Discussion section and social forums
2) Indicate an end date, I recommend two weeks for each quarter final, semi-final and final
3) Indicate if this Poll is a Photoshop or upgrade/modifications poll or both
4) Along with pics, a spec sheet of the upgrades and modifications should be required

Overall, this was a good poll, but with some additional structure it can be better. Maybe next time, the winners of each category and the ultimate winner can be covered by one of the national magazines. Also, we can ask the editor and his team to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Mike

Well thanks for the feedback guys... Will try to implement your suggestions for the contest this year. Lets not go too far off topic though, since this is the final thread between two great NSX's. I'll start a new thread when this is done and take and discuss more changes and suggestions.

Last edited:
That kinda explains how my car got beaten by Stormrider's car in the GPW category.
Don't get me wrong, Stormrider's car is nice but clearly My car got more quality/unique parts than his.
I am not complaining, I was just wondering how my car got beaten that's all.
No hard feelings, just some justification reasonings.

Cheer

Are you kidding me? I posted on my personal facebook to ask NSXPRIME MEMBERS to go vote and I did not specify what car to vote for.. There were maybe 60 votes on the poll at that time. I have maybe 5-6 NSX owners on my personal facebook page. So sorry, that is not why you lost. You do have an amazing car. Obviously I voted for Stormriders car. It is a brain child of both Tommy and I. It is a car that if I built a Really clean NSX for myself that is what it would look like. I think what your seeing is exactly what I told Tommy. I said well, Yea Dan's car is insane however a lot of NSX owners are purists and they don't like the stock lines being messed with. Your car is modified perfectly from a purist's standpoint. And your seeing this same thing here with how close this poll is.. Let's not sit here and think I formed some 21121232 member group to make sure my customers cars won. That is just silly. Sorry your car didn't win but I am sure not the reason it didn't. I am probably one of the most fair people you will ever meet.

What are the rare parts that 3.5LNSXR has that you speak of? I see that he has a 3.5 liter motor, but that's about it, unless you feel that the carbon fiber center console is rare too. With VRoom's NSX it's more obvious that he has one off custom parts that he made which are rare and he has the ITB's, which as far as I know (there may be more) is 1 of 2 NSX owner who has ITB's along with Dan NA1/2-R GT.

I voted for VRoom because his NSX is at another level than the rest of the NSX's out there.

As a side note, I think the Poll is a great idea, but I would like to see the following changes for future polls.

1) Post the poll links in the NSX Owner Discussion section and social forums
2) Indicate an end date, I recommend two weeks for each quarter final, semi-final and final
3) Indicate if this Poll is a Photoshop or upgrade/modifications poll or both
4) Along with pics, a spec sheet of the upgrades and modifications should be required

Overall, this was a good poll, but with some additional structure it can be better. Maybe next time, the winners of each category and the ultimate winner can be covered by one of the national magazines. Also, we can ask the editor and his team to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Mike

Mike , Some of the parts I am speaking of are just not seen very often. Maybe not "rare" to you or west coasters but not very commonly seen around my part of the country.

" rare parts " I like are as follows:
Real Type R guages - is there 1 other set in the country? VanceHU?
RouteKS Sideskirt flare and front lip. First set on a car around here. Great change from a more typical Stacy's or wings west.
Umbrella VRH kit. There are two of these around here. My car and his.
Taitec front tower brace bar
Driving ambition rear lower chassis bar ( never seen another one )
Real Mugen pedals
Procar console
Procar nav pod
GT extreme exhaust - probably not rare out there but is here and accompanied with the 3.5 makes a sound that is amazing.

As I have said plenty of times on these threads. I love Vrooms car. And Dans. Hell I love almost every NSX I see. But these polls are for opinions. Hottest NSX is subjective. I lean toward the stock lines with power. Only reason my NSX is FX widebody is because it was wrecked when I got it. I have never liked widebody cars. So I went with the wide body that TO ME held the most OEM lines.

Obviously I am not the only person who feels this way guys. So if your upset your car lost in one of these competitions and are looking for a reason why you can quit pointing fingers my way. I am simply voting and asking prime members to vote.

It is a internet competition. I think people have taken it way to seriously.

Here's my .02c take it for what it's worth.

Maybe the next go-round Lud or someone else can someway or another make it possible that the only people who can VOTE on any of these "Hottest" threads are members who have been on prime for say 6 months or 1 years time, with a minimum post count etc. When and if new accounts are made for the sole purpose of voting on these threads that could cause some bias.

That seems to eliminate alot of lobbying and will also take any possible issues out of question.

Maybe the next go-round Lud or someone else can someway or another make it possible that the only people who can VOTE on any of these "Hottest" threads are members who have been on prime for say 6 months or 1 years time, with a minimum post count etc. When and if new accounts are made for the sole purpose of voting on these threads that could cause some bias.

That seems to eliminate alot of lobbying and will also take any possible issues out of question.

Lud already keeps track of this, and won't let this happen. It did happen and he eliminated the new accounts, and deleted many of the votes. What you see are votes from legit prime members who have a decent post history.

Well that's a start. Because I know it was going on in some of the other "Hottest" threads...

Lud already keeps track of this, and won't let this happen. It did happen and he eliminated the new accounts, and deleted many of the votes. What you see are votes from legit prime members who have a decent post history.

Brian and Source1's reputation on prime speaks for itself. If he says he did not influence anyone, I believe him. What is the big deal anyway? I thought this was just a vote on which NSX you liked the most.

I think people are going a bit overboard with a "poll" where the winner doesn't actually get anything. It appears that the voting is self-limited anyway since there are over 21,000 Prime members, this thread has over 9000 views and there is a total of less than 175 combined votes as of now.

If there is any lobbying, I hope the people doing it aren't going to try to get a job as a government lobbyist and point to their efforts as a resume.........

Back