• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd annual NSXPrime Canyon Drive!!! >>>Sunday, June 8th.

You know I'll be there John. Hope you still need a recon up ahead and a camera car as I am ready to go. I've got big plans for this year. Now that I have a back seat and sunroof there is a lot more to work with on rigging the camera. I plan to get rear shots with NSXs behind as well as pan shots. We can have multiple NSXs
scream by and I can swivel and pan as they pass. We can point the viewfinder down the sunroof and my passenger will work the camera. Looking forward to some killer footage this year.

ilya said:
You know I'll be there John. Hope you still need a recon up ahead and a camera car as I am ready to go. I've got big plans for this year. Now that I have a back seat and sunroof there is a lot more to work with on rigging the camera. I plan to get rear shots with NSXs behind as well as pan shots. We can have multiple NSXs
scream by and I can swivel and pan as they pass. We can point the viewfinder down the sunroof and my passenger will work the camera. Looking forward to some killer footage this year.

Ilya-That is a great idea doulbling the recon car as a camera car. That will be great footage. Can your camera shoot 16X9? I hope we can get all the cams at 16X9 because "Wider is better"
stepp

My video cameras both can shoot 16x9. Funny, but I haven't even used this feature yet.

I should add that I just got a Canon D60 and ordered a 1GB microdrive. Haven't decided if I'm going to bring the 35mm or the digital cam on this outing...

ilya said:
We can point the viewfinder down the sunroof and my passenger will work the camera. Looking forward to some killer footage this year.

Ilya,
Just make sure that if another car goes off the path again, that your cameraman doesn't drop the camera this time. :p

-Randy

My friend who dropped the camera in his lap has still not heard the end of that one. I remind him every chance I get. :D
Nobody will be holding it this time as it will be secured with a clamp so no more pansy camera droppings. I did this last time from within the car and it worked great (best evidence yet of peacock). I plan to mount it partially outside the car this time using the sunroof, so I will have to test the stability and wind noise issues.

Unfortunately I don't have a good camera. It's just your standard VHS camcorder... not even digital. I plan to test out my rig in advance for stability by doing a run on my own with the camera mounted. It's somewhat compact, but nothing special.

BTW- pics of my new recon vehicle here :D
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15693

Last edited:
Hey Danny-

There most likely will be a free seat in my car as well....lemme know

Here is the movie of last year's event

Looking forward to it!!!

P.S. - NSX-Ster: I have a Sony PC-1 Mini DV and a harness bar camera bar mount. If you want, Ill bring the camera charged and ready to burn some extra footage for ya if you bring a blank tape.

SexyRed said:
Anybody need a co-pilot?
[email protected]

I'm down to roll. Are there anymore details on the roads? How is the cop situation in the area?

ryneen said:
How is the cop situation in the area?

RoadBlock.jpg

Holy #$%

NSXTC,
Holy #$%. Don't leave me hanging. Give me some details on this photo. Was this on the last canyon run? Did anyone get tickets?

I don't think this photo is from last years canyon run, and if I remember correctly they were filming and were stopping traffic for traffic control. Not as bad as it looks. Gil

Yeah, just kidding...that pic was actually from last year's Canyonball run, which is held on different roads. See the video
here They were blocking traffic for a film crew, and it was not roadblock as the picture suggests...but what a striking picture! (Sorry cound'nt resist!!! :)

In all seriousness though, these events and not speed runs and everyone involved is warned to observe all rules of the road, so as long as everyone is not doing anything they are not supposed to be doing, there should not be any entanglements from law enforcement, and it will be a safer and more enjoyable event for anyone!

Believe me, in some of those canyons, if you can maintain the speed limit, your heart will be pumping pretty fast!!!

Update! Lunch reservations including reserved parking(a must) are finalized. We are expecting to set a limit on the number of cars again this year. Between 25-30 total cars is what were shooting for. It's still 1 1/2 months away, so stay tuned for more info.
Thanks,
John

Only 53 days left to wait................but who's counting.

is there an official sign up process? I am worry that I will not be able to join, I think we have 30+ nsx around LA/OC :)

ANYTIME said:
Between 25-30 total cars is what were shooting for. It's still 1 1/2 months away, so stay tuned for more info.
Thanks,
John

No worries. I'll let everyone know details and when sign ups are happening. If need be, I can increase the amount of NSX's attending. If you would like to get on a early list, PM me.

OUCH!

Something has come up that *may* prevent me from driving during the Prime Canyon Run. I'll keep you posted...

Attachments

• mammoth hospital - xray.jpg
    mammoth hospital - xray.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,103
Back