• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd annual NSXPrime Canyon Drive!!! >>>Sunday, June 8th.

Re: Re: LA AND WLA GROUP

akira3d said:
How close to Airport Marina Honda is this? I think I know the area, but don't recall the Starbucks.

I live at the end of the 90...so it's not far out of my way. Of course, I could always try to time my departure and just meet you at the 405/90 interchange.

If you're hoping to get more WLA guys to join the OC caravan, perhaps you should pick a spot further north?

I am open to all suggestions. The Starbucks has been there for 2-3 years, it is own by Magic Johnson. It is located one block west of Airport Marina Honda. It is in the Ladera shopping center at the northwest corner of LaTijera and Centinela. So far I have not heard from anyone that this location would be an inconvience. But let me know. The meeting time would be between 0730-0745 am. The OC group will be at the LaTijera exit at 0805am. This should allow us enough time to prepare.

LA AND WLA DRIVERS

Would like to hear from the following drivers.
Akira3d
NSX-STER
Sinchfatlip
Darkcyd
ilya
ryneen
or any other drive in the LA or WLA area

If you have not contacted me about carvaning with the OC group and would like to participate please respond. I need everyones input.

Last edited:
CLUB RADIOS

I believe this to be the right radio;

RADIO SHACK
2-Way UHF Business Band Radio
Model 19-1208
5-watt
8-channel(Freq. 464.55 yellow )

If this is the correct radio it is on sale at Radio Shack now for
$29.97 was listed for $89.99. I purchased two today( 5/29)

Last edited:
That's a great price for those radios! I think I paid $89 about 6 months ago.

Re: CLUB RADIOS

loomup said:

RADIO SHACK
Model 19-1208
5-watt

where did you get it?
i just checked with a couple stores in orange county and nobody seems to have one.

Last edited:
The Radio Shack in Santa Margarita had them last week.

CLUB RADIOS

The Radio Shack here in Inglewood had two. The one in Hawthorne had two earlier today. I didn't know they were that hard to find. I will look for more. Have your local store check other stores inventory.

June 8th Run

I've been out of the running for awhlie but want to get back in & June 8th sounds great if I can squeeze in.
Been working on a body mod for my red '91 - small but noticeable aesthethically.
Also I'm going to rebuild her due to aging components so I'll be bending an ear or two.
See ya soon
Chris Short
[email protected]

Re: CLUB RADIOS

loomup said:

RADIO SHACK
Model 19-1208
5-watt

I went to the local Radio Shack and did a So. Cal. search and found no new in the box radios to be had(some stores have some that are returned, missing parts and or broken units-SO BEWARE). I looked for these radios 2 mos. ago and had a hard time finding any.

Re: Re: CLUB RADIOS

ANYTIME said:
I went to the local Radio Shack and did a So. Cal. search and found no new in the box radios to be had(some stores have some that are returned, missing parts and or broken units-SO BEWARE). I looked for these radios 2 mos. ago and had a hard time finding any.

I just purchased another new one from the Santa Monica Mall Store. I was told that it is brand new and it was still in the box.
This was the only one they had. The saleman there stated as of 5/30/03 the Shermon Oaks store has two and the Beverly Hills store has one. I do not know thier condition.

Re: Re: Re: CLUB RADIOS

loomup said:
I just purchased another new one from the Santa Monica Mall Store. I was told that it is brand new and it was still in the box.
This was the only one they had. The saleman there stated as of 5/30/03 the Shermon Oaks store has two and the Beverly Hills store has one. I do not know thier condition.

I called both stores in Sherman Oaks and Bev Hills. They don't have any. It showed up on their computers, but there were none on the shelves(no display units either). :(

Is the rumor true that the morning ROLL CALL will be done over the club radio frequency, and if you dont answer, you arent in the drive???

NSXTC said:
Is the rumor true that the morning ROLL CALL will be done over the club radio frequency, and if you dont answer, you arent in the drive???

Wow, word travels fast! Well, I was going to send this out with the confirmation email, but, since you asked. Yes, this is correct. We can save time and kill two birds with one stone by doing a roll call AND radio check at the same time. Both of these need to be taken care of, so these was an easy way to do it. Maps will be handed out from the roll call. So, don't get caught without a radio!

Last edited:
ANYTIME,

All this talk about the radios has got me confused...

So, if we indicated on our sign-up sheet that we would like to rent a radio and included the extra $15 for the rental in our payment, we're still going to able to rent the radio, right?

Just want to make sure I don't need to go *buy* a radio instead!

SilverBullet said:
ANYTIME,

All this talk about the radios has got me confused...

So, if we indicated on our sign-up sheet that we would like to rent a radio and included the extra $15 for the rental in our payment, we're still going to able to rent the radio, right?

Just want to make sure I don't need to go *buy* a radio instead!

Correct, if you checked the radio rental box on the sign up form and sent payment, then you are good to go. Rentals will be handed out before the radio check/roll call. You do need to let me know ahead of time if you need a radio, as I won't have any extras on hand.
And no, you don't need to buy a radio. I have access to plenty of rentals. If anyone needs to add a radio to your sign up, please let me know asap.

Directions to the morning meeting location have been sent!

Everyone check your email !!!
Please do not post meeting location here on Prime
If you have signed up, an email has been sent to you.
Only 6 days,18 hours and 4 minutes left!

ok... i have officially given up on finding that radio. the last radio shack i called said they were discontinued. oh well.
anyway... we're getting close guys!!! i'll be spending the rest of the week preparing the car for the drive. got my wheels back from the repair shop yesterday. wednesday i'm dropping the car off with ramon at niguel motors to change the oil, reinstall my newly repaired bose speaker, and install these bad boys........
header02.jpg

muahahahah!!! see ya there!!

The NEWEST and LAST list. We have 39 NSX's and 60 people!!! I just realized that this is the biggest NSX event in the United States :eek: (Not including NSXPO) We're all going down in history:D.
1. Craig K
2. Marc W
3. John & Tina R
4. Eric I
5. Randy C
6. Ilya K/Guest
7. Chris W
8. Mark Stepp/Amy O
9. Conrad S/Keri
10.Liana D
11.Greg S/Guest
12.Dave D/John W
13.Ryan R/Jessica L
14.Ken N/Pineapple
15.Scott Sc/Guest
16.George S/ Guest
17.Scott Sh/Guest
18.Peter Y
19.Troy B
20.Gil L/Mike R
21.Ed C/Guest
22.Marc S
23.David L
24.Kwante H/Sharri H
25.Carl & Rekiyra T
26.Frank C/Guest
27.Dexter & Judy M
28.Marc G/Oscar C
29.Michael M
30.Tan N/Adam C
31.Mike C
32.Joel M/Guest
33.Rod I
34.Manny & Victoria F
35.Aaron N
36.Allen-check is in the mail
37.Jay H
38.Jacko L
39.Justin C/Guest

Last edited:
Anytime, I know this is kinda last minute, but do you know if anyone has room for a passenger? I'd like to attend, plus I have a digital cam, Mini DV format.

Herman

Back