• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

458 Italia Conversion?

The 458 front doesn't even look good on a 458!

Finally someone agree's, I've said all along that it over styled, doesn't flow and dated the car very quickly ...

I thought the same thing when I saw the upside down emblem. I guess its his car he can do whatever he wants. To each his own, But damn its such a shame. wished efforts would made towards something else, like a Mugen RR kit or something. Probably would cost the same in terms of price and man hours.

Either this or obtained the moulds from the Iron Man producers and had the 'new' look NSX kit .... (still surprised Shawn hasnt done this yet)

hey I helped build that..............
biggrin.gif
............ its still an NSX ya know and not even close to that Ferrari junker

sean i love you work and respect your expertise but that red nsx ..... LOL

Lol part 2

LOL :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree I would take the ferrari convert myself

Attachments

• ashokan2.jpg
    ashokan2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:
I think whatever a man does should feel right. Otherwise road is painful and never leads to success. I can only imagine reasoning behind this build. But it must've felt right to the guy to start it. I think NSX just like other classic cars should be only restored and brought back to original. Salvage or not. Unless it's full blown track weapon build.
But I guess people are indeed different to such extent.

I am astounded that Shaun owned up to helping make that what the hell were you thinking, was it for a Disney cartoon movie

LOL no I helped with the build, I dropped the engine and did TB/WP valve adjustment, all coolant hoses, headers, put most of the interior back in the stereo, put engine back in. I did not have anything to do with its shape or paint, I did suggest the longer side vent though.

so basically I only did OEM stuff to the car. the owner told me it was for the fun of the adventure to build something unique.

the craftsmanship is so high is amazing. I am an OEM guy I like the NSX the way it looks from factory

and I think the car only had 30,000 miles or something I forget

Last edited:
Hey, stop beating up on Shawn! Just kidding. I have had many conversations with Shawn about keeping the cars original. He has a passion for that. As far as I am concerned, if you own the car, you can do whatever you want with them. That just leaves less perfect, original cars for us!

Just another moddoholic.

Finally someone agree's, I've said all along that it over styled, doesn't flow and dated the car very quickly ...

I, too, have been saying the same thing about the 458 since day 1. The proportions are inconsistent and the headlights... wtf... :confused:

The rear fender between the wheel well and the b-pillar is particularly annoying, as well...

Oh, and don't forget the triple exhaust 8 --> 2 -->1 --> 3? This one has me scratching my head from an aesthetics stand point and an engineering stand point.

Wow! Everybody hates this car. I am with the OP about the rear bumper. Which I remember there was a thread started trying to find someone to make a 430 scuderia looking rear end for the NSX and there was alot of posts about it. Then FXMD comes out with this kit that has a rear that looks pretty close to the 430 rear and that person gets mad props. I feel this rear end is even closer looking to the 430 then FXMD rear. The front is probably going to come out all weird looking tho. Oh well I still want to see this build when its all finished like ever single other build posted on prime. I still want to see the end of this one crazy build posted up back in the day. The car looked like it had gun turrets in the front bumper and the whole backend would lift up and back so you could get to the engine just like GT40. Man that thing was wild. If anybody knows if that car ever got finished post or PM me some pics of that.

Back