• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5000 mile update of my Lovefab Turbo system w/ dyno

Although the basic layout may be the same, differences in tube sizing, smoothness of the bends and joints (especially at the collectors), will affect not just peak power and torque values but also spool up time and even exhaust gas pressures. Usually, a setup like the Lovefab, which addresses these small but significant issues (aka "attention to detail") is then generically glossed over as "quality" workmanship. Congrats to all.

Regards,

Danny

I guess I remain uniformed - this is the kind of guestimate answer I am capable of providing to myself.

Cody, best of luck. It certainly is a fantastic kit!

Dylan

I guess I remain uniformed - this is the kind of guestimate answer I am capable of providing to myself.

Cody, best of luck. It certainly is a fantastic kit!

Dylan[/QUOTE

If you are in the market for FI you should call him. He is always willing to talk and he not just a salesman trying to make a buck. He's a GREAT guy and I hope he does well.

The attention to detail is not only apparent in what you can see, but also in what you CANNOT see:

Weldpics%20004.jpg

Weldpics%20007.jpg

For those that do not know, I backpurge every piece of stainless that I weld so that the end result is pictured above. Every piece that I manufacture undergoes the same scrutiny, welding processes, and quality checks. The same can be said for any other component that we spec for our turbo system.

I won't bite, send me an email or a phone call, I would be glad to answer any questions that you may have.

Last edited:
The viper is not a body on frame car

It is a fiberglass body that sits on top of a steel frame .....just like a kit car . How is this not a body on frame vehicle ? When I looked underneath my freind's Viper it looked no different than my 72 or 73 Triumphs.
Don't hate. Appreciate.

Being somewhat of a NSX noob, I've managed to learn alot form this thread:tongue:. It's nice to see that there is a true alternative to the CTSC, as I was relatively unaware of Lovefabs turbo system until I stumbled on this thread.

I don't know anyone at lovefab, or a hell of alot regarding the creation of a high quality turbo kit, but I'd just like to add that it seems like true passion has been put into it, rather than just a mind for getting $$. That's something that often strikes me as lacking when I read plugs for products by company reps while surfing enthusiast sites. Hopefully when I get my NSX after I finally finish school, lovefab will still be producing kits for me to buy:biggrin:

Indeed,

This has been an excellent thread. I always like to see follow-up's on new items especially big-ticket-items. I have been interested in this LoveFab turbo for almost a year now. I have been slowly coming to grips with the large price tag. I would also keep the bottom end stock of my vehicle initially and re-work the engine etc. slowly. I would also occasionally take the car on the drag strip and track.

Does anyone know if the Comptech Header and Exhaust would be a good match with this system? I really like the Comptech stuff because it supposedly is the quietest and has in-house reliability. I hope to get the exhaust and header sometime in mid 2007 and maybe go for this turbo in late 2007 early 2008.

Also, I live in Oklahoma City. There is one establishment here that works on aftermarket toys for all sorts of cars. They dyno tested my car a few months ago. It is called Alternative Motor Sports. I was not overly impressed with their dyno test simply because they did not use any fans blowing air into the radiator or air intake. Anyway, does anyone know of them? Would you guys trust them with the install for this turbo or should I just go with you Tinker? By the way, where are you located? I would want my car shipped both ways; you know of a reliable covered car transporter?

Thanks as always. You guys are super knowledgeable.

Indeed,

This has been an excellent thread. I always like to see follow-up's on new items especially big-ticket-items. I have been interested in this LoveFab turbo for almost a year now. I have been slowly coming to grips with the large price tag. I would also keep the bottom end stock of my vehicle initially and re-work the engine etc. slowly. I would also occasionally take the car on the drag strip and track.

Does anyone know if the Comptech Header and Exhaust would be a good match with this system? I really like the Comptech stuff because it supposedly is the quietest and has in-house reliability. I hope to get the exhaust and header sometime in mid 2007 and maybe go for this turbo in late 2007 early 2008.

Also, I live in Oklahoma City. There is one establishment here that works on aftermarket toys for all sorts of cars. They dyno tested my car a few months ago. It is called Alternative Motor Sports. I was not overly impressed with their dyno test simply because they did not use any fans blowing air into the radiator or air intake. Anyway, does anyone know of them? Would you guys trust them with the install for this turbo or should I just go with you Tinker? By the way, where are you located? I would want my car shipped both ways; you know of a reliable covered car transporter?

Thanks as always. You guys are super knowledgeable.

If you are serious about buying the Lovefab kit, or any other turbo kit for that matter, dont waste your money buying headers and exhaust because the kit includes the headers and custom exhaust neccesary for a turbo install on the NSX.

Our system comes with DC sports 1997+ headers, with the ball/swivel connection. This header set has proved itself time and time again with our turbo systems and has also provided the best repeatability of fitment.

If you have high-end headers that you would like to use of course we can arrange this, but the car HAS to be in-shop and they have to be a ball/swivel style connection. The price of the system will be reduced because there is no point in selling a redundant set of headers.

Right now our only authorized installer is Shad Huntley from Driving Ambition, in California. Being in the heartland of the country I would suggest that you ship the car to us. We can also transport the car in our enclosed trailer, but this is rarely the cheapest option considering we must make two complete trips per delivery. We are in Northern Lower Michigan.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the replies. So we are looking at about $18,800 installed then? How much am I looking at for covered car transport both ways? How long would your guys need the car for to install? Does the package come with that Magna Flow exhaust I see pictured on the site? I thought I read that this is not CARB legal; correct? Your site also says that this is for off road use. Can I use this system at low boost with daily driver safety and reliability?

Thanks Cody and bpiddy for the quick replies.

I would enjoy a day where we could all get together at the track and or dyno with a turbo kit from each manufacturer and do some testing. Im not talking a dick swinging match on who has the most horsepower but real life testing. Installing, driving, dyno, price, sound, (endurance would be more difficult) things of this nature. Unfortunatly im afraid the fun factor may be overshadowed by egos, but i think it would be interesting and good for the community if the testing was objective. Congratulations again on the Lovefab kit as it looks to be good quality and positively contributing to the forced induction community.

brandonson,

Did you post any of your quarter mile times in any of the threads? I don't recall seeing them.

I have not yet posted any since I only went once was not able to make a CLEAN pass due to cold tires and poor track conditions.

I have not yet posted any since I only went once was not able to make a CLEAN pass due to cold tires and poor track conditions.

BOOOOO!!! Post the time. Why are you up-set to just post it?

J. R.

Do you have racing slicks or drag radials? I was only able to get my factory NA2 to go 14.5 at 99. That’s on the factory rear Bridgestone’s. It was 99 degrees and very humid too. Tell us more details on your run. I think I was losing my time by not speed shifting her as well as meteorological conditions. My buddy speed shifting it pulled 14.08 at 100 mph.

Ok JR I ran a 15.5 @ 93 MPH. I felt that with my trap speed of 93 MPH I could dip into the 14 second range. :biggrin:

Very funny wise guy. I guess I can wait till this spring for you to go to Capital Raceway and run it. No more 75/80 anymore. That is sad, that was a fun track too. BTW, if you didn't know I am from Columbia MD. :biggrin:

J. R.

Very funny wise guy. I guess I can wait till this spring for you to go to Capital Raceway and run it. No more 75/80 anymore. That is sad, that was a fun track too. BTW, if you didn't know I am from Columbia MD. :biggrin:

J. R.

JR,

How long ago did you live In Columbia and what is your age ? We might have some common freinds.

Do you have racing slicks or drag radials? I was only able to get my factory NA2 to go 14.5 at 99. That’s on the factory rear Bridgestone’s. It was 99 degrees and very humid too. Tell us more details on your run. I think I was losing my time by not speed shifting her as well as meteorological conditions. My buddy speed shifting it pulled 14.08 at 100 mph.

Your NA2 should run 13.2 -13.5 @ 105-108 MPH. This is the average 1/4 mile time for a stock NA2. There has been one report of a stock NA 2 running a 12.9 @ 110 MPH. This is VERY rare since the test subject was abnormaly quick and I believe it was a test in Car and Driver.

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware of those numbers. And yes, I read that car and driver where they got the factory NSX in the high 12's. How do you like that RPS clutch? Is the pedal feal heavier than stock? How loud is the car with the exhaust and all?

Yes, I am aware of those numbers. And yes, I read that car and driver where they got the factory NSX in the high 12's. How do you like that RPS clutch? Is the pedal feal heavier than stock? How loud is the car with the exhaust and all?

I love the RPS clutch. I couldn't ask for more as far as feel and driveability. The exhuast is to die for ! It does not drone and is reasonably quiet with the windows closed. It gets loud with the window down but it sounds cool. Keep in mind my exhaust is custom and it was included with the turbo system.

I love the RPS clutch. I couldn't ask for more as far as feel and driveability. The exhuast is to die for ! It does not drone and is reasonably quiet with the windows closed. It gets loud with the window down but it sounds cool. Keep in mind my exhaust is custom and it was included with the turbo system.

Also keep in mind that a exhaust is a GREAT muffler.
To give you a idea I ran just a DP on my lovefab turbo s2000, and the car was loud yes, but not bad at all. Then I hear a comptech car with a open header, and you couldn't even stand next to the car at idle without ear-plugs.....and when it got on it, it was CRAZY.

Everyone at the S2000 meet could not believe I was running just a DP like the comptech guy so I actually got my jack out of the trunk and jacked up my car to prove it. The car was THAT quite just with a turbo for a muffler!

J. R.

JR,

How long ago did you live In Columbia and what is your age ? We might have some common freinds.

Brandon,

I am 24 year old. I graduated highschool in 00' from Centennial high. I went to elementary school and middle school with all the kids that went to Howard High, and Long Reach.

Know any peeps around there? How old are you btw?

J. R.

Brandon,

I am 24 year old. I graduated highschool in 00' from Centennial high. I went to elementary school and middle school with all the kids that went to Howard High, and Long Reach.

Know any peeps around there? How old are you btw?

J. R.

JR,

I am 35 but I know a couple of guys around your age. Do you know Chris Robinson ? He is 26 .

Back