• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5th. Semi Annual CalCoastalNSX Autocross, Oct. 30th. @ Hollywood Park

Click here to sign up, or click here for the PDF version.

Dear NSXCA Club Member:

Autocross is an inexpensive and relatively safe way to experience racing. The CalCoastalNSX group has created a unique and exciting venue for NSX Club members to experience the true performance of their vehicles in a private, controlled environment. Hollywood Park in Inglewood, California was discovered several years ago by Road & Track magazine as the perfect location to conduct performance tests of the vehicles reviewed by their magazine. Today, this area is reserved most every day of the week by automotive publications, high-performance driving schools, and race teams testing their cars.

Autocross involves navigating your vehicle through a course designated by rubber traffic cones. Your speed through this complex course will be compared with other NSX owners. Awards (as well as bragging rights) will be handed out at the end of the day. Besides the social aspects, this event helps you discover your car's capabilities and limitations, making you a better, safer driver on the road. It also develops your own driving ability. Many would-be race drivers use autocross as a jumping point into the sport of road racing. Probably the greatest thrill of autocross is the challenge of beating your own time. It's fun!

The Fifth Semi-Annual CalCoastalNSX Autocross and will be held on Saturday, Oct 30th., 2004 at Hollywood Park, in the City of Inglewood, California. Please be sure to arrive in plenty of time for the 8:30 am ish mandatory driver’s meeting and safety briefing.

There are four classes of competition at this Autocross event. The classes are based on modifications to your vehicle. Any 1991-2004 model NSX is automatically placed into the “touring class” unless:

1. The car has been modified with either a supercharger, turbocharger, or otherwise produces in excess of 300 rear-wheel horsepower, or
2. The car is running DOT approved competition tires(with the newly instated "no full slicks Doug rule")

In either case, these cars will run in the “modified class” or.

3. You drive a vehicle other than an NSX, or
4. You choose to drive in the non-competitive “Powder Puff” class.

If you are interested in participating, please fill out and return the (coming soon) enclosed entry form and liability waiver. This event is limited to 40 participants and slots are filled strictly on a first-come-first served basis. NSX Drivers that are NSXCA Members will have registration priority until September 30th. After this date, registration will be open to all other participants.
Entry forms with payment must be received no later than October 23rd or until maximum participation is met. Entries received after this date will be used for replacement participants.

We have our own timing equipment and are in the process of buying a large display, viewable from the cockpit. If we have enough help and support, we are going to buy a display for the timing and continue with the date as planned.

Sign up are now available!!! Just print it out, fill in the blanks and send it in with your check(payable to John Richards) or you can pay by Paypal (please add 2.5% to cover the nice paypal fees). If paying by Paypal, you still need to send in your completed and signed form by snail mail. Paypal payments are to be made to johntina2 at juno dot com

From a previous thread, Cdub hit the nail on the head with a to do list. If you can help with any of the below list, please respond with a post and what you want to help with.

I can think of the following items:

Attendants:
Application/Release forms = Scott S
Payment

Budgeting:
Track rental = John
Minimum attendants requirement = ANY
Lunch (Pizza can be ordered, with drinks supplied all day)
Equipment (need more cones and display)
Port o' potties = John (no jokes either)
Trophies = Craig

Track:
Track layout design & setup = Cdub,NSX-Ster, Vic S and Ken & Lori R.
cones, timing device (Yup)
Track and timing equipment setup
Someone/s to learn and run the Axware timing and scoring equipment and run the computer all day, with no seat time :( This is the most important part of the event. = Gil & ?

Scheduling:
Run group assignment = Scott S
Corner worker assignment = Scott S
Scoring/Results

The list!
1. Paul A. - PAID
2. unltd172 - PAID
3. tbNSX - PAID
4. SoCal-NSX - PAID
5. Robert D. - PAID
6. socaldude - PAID
7. Bret H. - PAID
8. Rick H. + guest - PAID
9. Hot Rod - PAID
10. akira3d - PAID
11. Jimmy GT - PAID
12. Craig - PAID
13. coolnsx - PAID
14. Taj - PAID
15. SilverOne - PAID
16. ubenergy - PAID
17. Kenneth R. - PAID
18. George S. and guest - PAID
19. Mike S. - PAID
20. NSX-Ster + guest - PAID
21. Leonard S. - PAID
22. narlee - PAID
23. Jeansxbond - PAID
24. Tank - PAID
25. TheYellowBeast - PAID
26. CDub - PAID
27. Tony W. - PAID
28. Lloyd W. - PAID
29. X-toy - PAID
30. Derek B. - PAID
31. Victor H. - PAID
32. Robert T. - PAID
33. ANYTIME - PAID
34. TheYellowBeast - In the mail
35. FuryNSX - In the mail
36. K2 - In the mail
37. Si - In the mail

Attachments

• Autocross signup v1.0.pdf
    202.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I'll be happy to get their early to setup the course that morning.

If you need someone to do group assignment and print out the number tags, I can do that too.

One suggestion is that may be we can run through the lunch hour instead of spending an hour to have a sit down lunch. Or find some ways to stagger us through the lunch line to avoid the feeding frenzy.

Chris

Yes, lunch is going to be different this time. Maybe 1/2 do lunch at 11:30 and the other half at Noon. I am in the process of getting the same tent and porta potties, but not the catered food as it became very expensive when you are paying per person. We need to save some money for that display!!!

CDub said:
I'll be happy to get their early to setup the course that morning.

If you need someone to do group assignment and print out the number tags, I can do that too.

One suggestion is that may be we can run through the lunch hour instead of spending an hour to have a sit down lunch. Or find some ways to stagger us through the lunch line to avoid the feeding frenzy.

Chris

I'll show up early to help with things also... if needed..let us know...
see you all there....can't wait!!!

Sign ups are now active! If you would like the form in Microsoft Word, send me and email and I can forward it to you.

Attachments

• AutoX signup v1.011.pdf
    201.4 KB · Views: 100
We have developed an auto fill-in version of the Autocross Entry form it is in MS Word .doc format. You need to have MS Word 2002 or newer installed on your PC to use it. Click here to download. If you do not have MS Word installed, then download the PDF version in Johns post.

Wow! I didn't expect to be responsible for designing the course. Since my name is there, here is my suggestion.

How about if we follow a local track configuration like Pahrump's Spring Mountain track?

spring_mountain_track.gif

Out of 4 that I've been on, this is my favorite track.

I understand that track config has never been a subject of discussion, but I figure that we can take a little different approach this time. I believe Stepp and a few others have done a great job designing previous autocross layouts. May be you can chime in if you foresee any problem shrinking a 2.2 mile track into a parking lot. May be we can change the ratio of some of the area to make it fit better.

Sounds like a great idea. I'm actually tracking at Pahrump next Sunday and will check it out. he trick is to get the start and finish to line up right for SAFETY and the timing equipment.
mark stepp

CDub said:
Wow! I didn't expect to be responsible for designing the course. Since my name is there, here is my suggestion.

How about if we follow a local track configuration like Pahrump's Spring Mountain track?

spring_mountain_track.gif

Out of 4 that I've been on, this is my favorite track.

I understand that track config has never been a subject of discussion, but I figure that we can take a little different approach this time. I believe Stepp and a few others have done a great job designing previous autocross layouts. May be you can chime in if you foresee any problem shrinking a 2.2 mile track into a parking lot. May be we can change the ratio of some of the area to make it fit better.

Watch out for turn 7. You'll be cooking pretty hot from turn 5. It is a great track for the NSX. Sweeping turns with a couple of short striaghts mixed in with some tight turns. Not as tight as Streets and not as fast as Big willow.
Have fun Mark!

Thanks for the tips.
mark
CDub said:
Watch out for turn 7. You'll be cooking pretty hot from turn 5. It is a great track for the NSX. Sweeping turns with a couple of short striaghts mixed in with some tight turns. Not as tight as Streets and not as fast as Big willow.
Have fun Mark!

Ladies and Gents,
If you check my first post, you'll see that we have a whopping 4 people paid!!! I threw some extra names in to see if I can spark some interest. At this point, if I don't get a flood of entries/checks in the mail shortly(or a least a PM or email confirming it is in the mail), the autocross will cease to move forward, period. Not much to say, and there is still more work to be done that should halt if we as a whole don't want the autocross to continue.

It looks like my schedule just got changed..... so I'm in.

As soon as you want, I'll post with the Solo folks and they should be good for several spots if you need participants.

t

Let's go people. Early sign up is very important for this event. It's incredibly hard on John and all of the event planning if everything has to be done last minute. Once 9/30 is here, it will fill up fast with other makes and models. Don't get left out, send in the $$ now.

Paid! I'll send out the form to you tomorrow, John.

Just a reminder that we have till 9/30 before John opens up enrollment to any type of cars. If you want to keep it an NSX event, don't wait. Otherwise, we'll have all kinds of cars running there. I just remember in the last event that the BMW driver was so impatient when the car in front of him was not fast enough. Not sure if I want more of them to spoil the fun.

ANYTIME said:
You will be able to sign up for this event SHORTLY!!! Just print it out, fill in the blanks and send it in with your check(payable to John Richards) or you can pay by Paypal (please add 2.5% to cover the nice paypal fees). If paying by Paypal, you still need to send in your completed and signed form by snail mail.
John

What's your email for Paypal?

jimmygt said:
hey john!! is it too late to join? i want to join you guys and have some fun!
let me know please........

jimmy

I think we are still trying to recruit more willing NSX owners to participate in a fun and safe event.

I think today is the first day that registration is open to other makes of cars. The spots are going to fill up fast. So go for it Jimmy and anybody that's sitting on the fence!

POSSIBLE CANCELATION?
Ok everyone, here's the deal. For the autocross to move forward, we need a minimum of 36 entries to cover just costs. Those being the display, food/drinks, tent, tables and chairs. Please realize that Hollywood Park charges $4000 per day for the track and we are getting it for giving underprivileged kids rides in our cars! How much closer to free can it be? If you didn't know already, the lot has been sold and this is going to be the last free ride for us. If we don't get at least 36 sign ups by Oct 8th, I have no problem in canceling the whole event. The list I created is only possible entries, and a payed/in the mail next to their names reflect interested parties. So, send in your entries, tell your friends and make this event happen!

As of Oct. 1st, I have 9 paid, including myself. That's bad :eek:

Hi John,

Weekend just came available. Sorry for the late notice. I see the list is over 50. Do you still have room for another NSX ? If so, will get forms and payment to you today...

Thanks,

Scott

Back