• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5th. Semi Annual CalCoastalNSX Autocross, Oct. 30th. @ Hollywood Park

Update!!!
The time table of events are as follows, with more coming soon:
6:30am: Gates Open
6:45am-7:15am: Registration(required)Driver's obtain-wrist bands, car #'s, work assignments, and run groups.
7:15am: Mandatory driver's meeting-Event discussion and Q&A
7:45am: First run group is on track!

Below is the map of HP.
We are entering at Gate #1 now(before was Gate #2), and is located off of Prairie Ave.
Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to sign up, place numbers on your car and do a walk around the course.

attachment.php

Is it too late to take some Vegas NSX entries I just want to come see as many NSX's all in one place and I'm sure we can get about 4 of us at least from Vegas

UPDATE!
With only 2 weeks left, there are some duties that I am going to be handing out to all that sparked and interest in doing so. Be prepared for an email and or phone call! The sign ups are closed at this point and the current list is below. This does not include mail that may still be in transit. There is also some of you (no names) that tried to sign up under the powderpuff class. I don't understand how this can be misconstrued. Here is the original quote from the sign up form; "PowderPuff fun run group is non-competitive and intended for spouses or singnificant others of NSXCA members. Timing results will not be posted, but will be available. Get a feel of what the "guys" are raving about and take a spin through the course!"

Below is an email that was sent out to those mentioned clarify things.

I see you are attempting to enter the autocross under the powderpuff class. While I can appreciate you attempt at paying $40 instead of $65, you realize that this class is intended for spouses or significant others as outlined on the sign up form. Uhhh, nice try! You can either send me a check for the balance of $25 on Monday, Oct 18th or I will just send the check and sign up back (or destroy it if you'd like). The intention of the powderpuff group was to have your spouse (or other) join you at the autocross and drive the car with no worries about the timing and being in a competitive setting. If this autocross does not get you going enough to pay the full entry fee, then have a nice day. I'm sure everyone going will.
Regards,
John Richards

Now onto the almost complete list of attendies (still need to check the mail)

The list!
1. Paul A. - PAID
2. unltd172 - PAID
3. tbNSX - PAID
4. SoCal-NSX - PAID
5. Robert D. - PAID
6. socaldude - PAID
7. Bret H. - PAID
8. Rick H. + guest - PAID
9. Hot Rod - PAID
10. akira3d - PAID
11. Jimmy GT - PAID
12. Craig - PAID
13. coolnsx - PAID
14. Taj - PAID
15. SilverOne - PAID
16. ubenergy - PAID
17. Kenneth R. - PAID
18. George S. and guest - PAID
19. Mike S. - PAID
20. NSX-Ster + guest - PAID
21. Leonard S. - PAID
22. narlee - PAID
23. Jeansxbond - PAID
24. Tank - PAID
25. TheYellowBeast - PAID
26. CDub - PAID
27. Tony W. - PAID
28. Lloyd W. - PAID
29. X-toy - PAID
30. Derek B. - PAID
31. Victor H. - PAID
32. Robert T. - PAID
33. ANYTIME - PAID
34. FuryNSX - In the mail
35. K2 - In the mail
36. Si - In the mail

Last edited:
Count me in. I'll either PayPal tonight or mail my check on Monday.
Ryan Rush

Greetings attendies! An email will be sent out shortly to all who have signed up, so check your email boxes and please email or PM me if you have not received it. Below is the final list. Sorry to those who wanted in late, but sign ups ended Oct 16th. If you are do not see your name below and signed up before the deadline, please email or PM me ASAP, as the entries need to be finalized into the days event schedule.

The final, final list!
1. Paul A. - PAID
2. unltd172 - PAID
3. tbNSX - PAID
4. SoCal-NSX - PAID
5. Robert D. - PAID
6. socaldude - PAID
7. Bret H. + guest - PAID
8. Rick H. + guest - PAID
9. Hot Rod - PAID
10. akira3d - PAID
11. Jimmy GT - PAID
12. Craig - PAID
13. coolnsx - PAID
14. Taj - PAID
15. SilverOne - PAID
16. ubenergy - PAID
17. Kenneth R. - PAID
18. ANYTIME - PAID
19. George S. + guest - PAID
20. Mike S. - PAID
21. NSX-Ster + guest - PAID
22. Leonard S. - PAID
23. narlee - PAID
24. Jeansxbond - PAID
25. Tank - PAID
26. TheYellowBeast - PAID
27. CDub - PAID
28. Tony W. - PAID
29. Lloyd W. - PAID
30. X-toy - PAID
31. Henry B. - Unknown - PAID
32. Derek B. - M3 - PAID
33. Garry D. - WRX - PAID
33. Rod G. - M Coupe - PAID
34. Mako K. - WRX - PAID
35. Victor H. - Honda - PAID
36. Robert T. - 911 - PAID

SoCal-NSX said:
Just got my invitation but what is this... "Midnight Mission-Drive a child in need around the track" ?

That's a GREAT idea? Whoever is organizing this part, please PM me if you need some help.

Way to go guys/gals!
Dave

The Midnight Mission brought some less fortunate kids last time around lunch for some food, rides and some pics with the cars. The Midnight Mission is a safe house for children and their mothers (or dads) to escape either abusive and or drug using spouses or domestic violence sufferers. Coming to the AutoX allows some type of escape for them, kinda like a field trip. During the last AutoX, they showed up and had a great time just hanging out. You should have seen the look on their faces when we told them they could have rides in the cars! There was one child missing last time and I inquired about them. I was told that their mother had overdosed on drugs the night before and it was best for them not to attend. I told them to bring as many kids as they could this time, as I was bringing my car with the sole intention of giving them rides, versus going there to compete. You'd think there would have been a line of kids waiting for rides, huh? Nope, there was a line of cars waiting for kids. Let's hope the same happens this time. Time for me to get a tissue :(

Just got the initial draft of the track layout. John and Mark, please check your emails.

I'll be heading out next Saturday at 4:20 am. For those that are helping out in the morning, please let me know if you are heading up from the Irvine area so that we can caravan up together. We'll probably need to spend around 2.5 hours to get the track setup and tested.

Gil is now a pro on setting up and operating the timing equipment. I think we are set. Can't wait.

Tip #1

If you are planning to remove your spare tire, please make sure to tape up or remove the 2 rubber feet on the T-member. We found these rubber feets in the last 2 autoX events. Apparently, they come off easily.

Tip #2

Start out slow to let your tires warm up first. You'll be amaze on how little traction you'll have when the tires are cold.

Use the first few runs to warm up the car and more importantly, to learn the course before you go balls to the wall. Spin-outs rob track time for everyone in your run group. I think we had a 3 strike rule last time.

CDub said:
Tip #2

Start out slow to let your tires warm up first. You'll be amaze on how little traction you'll have when the tires are cold.

Use the first few runs to warm up the car and more importantly, to learn the course before you go balls to the wall. Spin-outs rob track time for everyone in your run group. I think we had a 3 strike rule last time.

Thanks for the reminder on the 3 strike rule (3 spins you sit out-period). This will be covered in the drivers meeting, but now would be a good time to know a few other things. The first session is for warming up and although the display will be showing times, it will not be recording runs. Walking the course with map in hand with help you learn the course before going out and trying to knock of a good time. Remember, practice makes perfect!

Cdub, Your out of the Starbucks parking lot at :D 4:30 AM :confused: I'll be there! :rolleyes:

Back