• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

8mos to get anew nsx? is this true?

hi guys...im new to this. my wife wants a new nsx orange/orange automatic. ive called a few acura dealers and was told a variety of stories. the first 2 dealers told me they dont sell nsx's. one wanted my money but didnt know if they could order one. another told me that the window to order one was 2 mos away (i have no idea what that means) and once the order is in it takes 6 more months to get it built. is any of this accurate? please let me know the proper way to get this nsx. much appreciated. thanks!

I think it would be tough to get automatics now a days. From what I understand all the dealers are ordering them with manual transmission. So it might be a good idea to teach her how to drive stick and get her one right away. I'm sure there are a few orange/orange around.

When I ordered my '98 back in '97 I was also told that it needs 6 months between order and delivery. And that was exactly what happened.

Don't know about any "2 months window" BTW.

teaching her to shift is not an option. especially since we live at the top of an extremely steep hill. shes already rolled her automatic every day car backwards into someone! i guess ill just go place the order and wait the 8 months. that would make this a christmas present???? thanks!

can I be your second wife?

new&dconfused said:
teaching her to shift is not an option. especially since we live at the top of an extremely steep hill. shes already rolled her automatic every day car backwards into someone! i guess ill just go place the order and wait the 8 months. that would make this a christmas present???? thanks!

new&dconfused said:

I hope she doesn't roll the NSX backwards into someone!!! Good luck in your search..
John

BTW, If you show your location in your profile, members could help in your search.

new&dconfused said:
hi guys...im new to this. my wife wants a new nsx orange/orange automatic. ive called a few acura dealers and was told a variety of stories. the first 2 dealers told me they dont sell nsx's. one wanted my money but didnt know if they could order one. another told me that the window to order one was 2 mos away (i have no idea what that means) and once the order is in it takes 6 more months to get it built. is any of this accurate? please let me know the proper way to get this nsx. much appreciated. thanks!

i think if you want one made to order, i.e. a specific color combo AND the auto tranny you have to wait, since they are literally hand built.. like ordering a ferarri, where you place the order and then they put it together for you...part of the reason people buy NSX's, is that they are hand built.. sorry!

thanks for the replies. i'll place the order and wait. since i hear rumors of the production ceasing one day....i guess only time will tell if the car actually gets built. this is all new to me. im a serious collector of hemi cudas, challengers, and factory prototype mopars. who would have thought that buying a new car is more difficult than buying an original unrestored 71 hemi cuda. oh well....its keeps her away from my stuff! much appreciated, steve juliano

Well, if you are in Southwest region, you might want to call South Coast Acura, from our last monthly meeting, they mention they had order 8 NSX for this year, maybe they can give you a better idea on how long it actually takes. Good Luck.

actually it was south coast acura that gave me the info regarding this "2 month window" and the 6 month wait period. they also told me they had one black nsx coming in. thanks....

I would say you should be able to negotiate the price like any other NSX purchase. The only thing is, be prepared to have it forever, or take a big hit when you go to sell it. Orange/orange and auto might be more difficult to sell than a six speed or different color combo.

On the other hand, kudos to your wife, because I'd almost bet there won't be another NSX like hers in the US!! If there are I'd really bet there's less than 5 or 10!!!! The orange color is beautiful in the bright sun. If she doesn't like the lower horsepower of the auto, then you could just drop a Hemi in there!!!! :biggrin: Best wishes!!

thanks doc. one of the factory prototype rrunners (1971) i have is the same color so she was easily influenced. you are probably right about trying to sell it one day.....then again, an exit strategy may be a bit too premature at this date! a rear engine hemi....hmmmm????

AndyH said:
Is it true that if you order then you have to pay full price on the car? MSRP?
No. You can negotiate whatever price you can get the dealer to agree with. You can look up the dealer cost on the usual websites (Edmunds, KBB, etc) to help in your negotiations.

Back