• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91-2001 owners, post your front lip or bumpers here!

Some of you guys cars are low and look very agresssive. I like that look a lot. I just bought an NSX and it's low too. The problem is I scrap the front lip spoiler on every driveway, speed bump and dips. I don't mind the lip being damage as I can replace it with another one but will the front bumper get damaged too? what about the rear of the car? I see some piping/tubing right hanging down really low at the rear of the car and I am afraid those tubings will get damaged over speed bumps. should I raise my car up an inch or so? I don't want it to look like an SUV. Any thoughts?

this is how low my car is:
NSX2-1.jpg

nsx1.jpg

I would not raise the car. Just 1" would make a big difference in appearence and handling. When I'm approaching a driveway or speed hump that I think might scrape, I approach at a slight angle and I don't have any problems. You just have to get used to angling if you think you might be heading for a scrape... It works for me.

Some of you guys cars are low and look very agresssive. I like that look a lot. I just bought an NSX and it's low too. The problem is I scrap the front lip spoiler on every driveway, speed bump and dips. I don't mind the lip being damage as I can replace it with another one but will the front bumper get damaged too? what about the rear of the car? I see some piping/tubing right hanging down really low at the rear of the car and I am afraid those tubings will get damaged over speed bumps. should I raise my car up an inch or so? I don't want it to look like an SUV. Any thoughts?

this is how low my car is:
NSX2-1.jpg

nsx1.jpg

What suspension are you running?

B@t

Anyone just color match their lower lip( the black piece) ? pics?

B@t

I opened a thread about this about a month ago, but got little response, so I went ahead and did it anyways. Heres an idea...
I think it lines up well with the Stacy's SS.

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
I would not raise the car. Just 1" would make a big difference in appearence and handling. When I'm approaching a driveway or speed hump that I think might scrape, I approach at a slight angle and I don't have any problems. You just have to get used to angling if you think you might be heading for a scrape... It works for me.

+1. Mastering "angling" your car at inclines/driveways/humps will avoid many of the issues you have been describing.

I am in the process of having mine done currently at a body shop...I gave him my T roof in order to match the paint properly....

I figured I would try it and see what it looks like...worst case scenario I will buy a new lip and keep in in black...

My goal is to try and find the Mode 4 style of bumper...the one with the new styling, but allows you to keep the flip up style lights...I saw it on an old post and really like it, but can't seem to source where it can be purchased from....I'll post pics with the new silver lip when it is finished....

I am in the process of having mine done currently at a body shop...I gave him my T roof in order to match the paint properly....

I figured I would try it and see what it looks like...worst case scenario I will buy a new lip and keep in in black...

My goal is to try and find the Mode 4 style of bumper...the one with the new styling, but allows you to keep the flip up style lights...I saw it on an old post and really like it, but can't seem to source where it can be purchased from....I'll post pics with the new silver lip when it is finished....

This one is sold, I believe he bought it from Evof575gtc here on prime but you can PM him to verify. I am not sure if they are still being produced or not.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118906

^ Hey Man, Did you ever get the shine 1 installed on your sebring?

Just wondering what it looks like. Shoot a pic for us sebring bros!

Thanx:smile:

The Advance front half spolier is the nicest there is imo. Very rare and very pricey.

attachment.php

www.advance-jp.com

Attachments

• 113341151548967.jpg
    113341151548967.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 5,634
Comptech

Attachments

• nsx_trailer_4.jpg
    nsx_trailer_4.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,238
I am the opposite. 91 bumper with 02 headlamps.:biggrin:

5772Lowered_003.jpg

5772Lowered_002.jpg

+1 on stock side skirts

That being said i think you should just leave it the way it is, just add a nice drop and wheels. I believe that's all the NSX needs.

DF side skirts and oem rear valence

prime1.jpg

I vote for oem bumper and front lip as well :cool:

workedoff.jpg

Last edited:
I scrape everytime i leave and enter my driveway. Ive chosen to just replace my beatup stock lip for a fresh new oem one

Back