• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 Red New to Posting

Hi everyone just wanted to make a post here to introduce myself. Had my NSX shipped to me around Nov of last year (AL to TX) but just starting driving it more recently. Since it was an out of state purchase it took way too long to get my plates (long story). Its a basic 91 and so far Ive installed the DF intake and UNI fliter. Will be getting my Pride exhaust with AP-X TP this coming week along with some TS headers so thats exciting. This forum has a lot of useful information that I have been reading but I mostly have been using the PM to purchase and inquire. Will be posting more often and with pics soon. :smile:

Shipped? I would have driven that bad boy the whole way back with a :biggrin:! Any other plans for mods? Had to be torture to have the car and not be able to drive it. Regardless, welcome!

Congrats! Would love to see some pics. Enjoy your new ride!

Welcome to the NSX and NSXPrime!

Be installing my Pride V2 quad and Angus' test pipes in about 4 weeks, i can't wait.

Thanks really want to get this going with some new wheels, coilovers and lip soon. I really hope the exhaust system combined with the intake gives it a new feel and sound because its too quiet for me :smile:. Its really awesome to finally own one of these. Here she is so far.

image hosting png

free image hosting

Beautiful. It will sound awesome with your choices.

Mike

May want to re-think the front lip if you plan to lower the car. I am
at stock height and my DF lip has been repainted 3 times. Happens
again and i wiil go back to the OEM.

Last edited:
Shipped? I would have driven that bad boy the whole way back with a :biggrin:! Any other plans for mods? Had to be torture to have the car and not be able to drive it. Regardless, welcome!

Actually I'm glad I didn't drive it back because when it arrived it made a terrible scrapping sound when I would reverse. Turns out the left rear caliper was about to fall off and was missing a bolt :eek:. So much for the bumper to bumper inspection they promised me.

Beautiful car, is that stock rear valence? Looks nice

Looks Great! Congrats on your Sweet Ride!
Are you up here in North Texas or in the Middle or South?

Good looking car. Even though I read all the time "get new rims", I still think the original rims look good on the car - and they are lightweight forged rims. In stock trim the NSX just sits too high. I wonder what the simplest way is to lower it about an inch without affecting the ride.

Good looking car. Even though I read all the time "get new rims", I still think the original rims look good on the car - and they are lightweight forged rims. In stock trim the NSX just sits too high. I wonder what the simplest way is to lower it about an inch without affecting the ride.

A lot of owners are installing Bilstein shocks and using the lower perch setting to net a 7/8" drop. Seems to be very popular and inexpensive solution.

Thanks all just got my pride exhaust and TP (thanks to Mark). Trying to do the install but its quite the task since I'm changing out the headers. Any advice on getting the front header out?

Congrats!

I drove mine for a little over a week with no plates or registration. I did have insurance and that was good enough in my opinion. With the MVD cutting costs they are only open M-F and close at 5pm with an average of 3 hour wait. I feel government agencies should be open noon-8pm so it doesn't conflict with the private industry working class folk. Afterall we are the ones paying their checks, they should be open when it's convenient for us.

Back