• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'91's Pricing

:biggrin: It's been a while, sadly i had to sell my 40,000k '91 a year ago. I am finally able to start looking for another one. :biggrin:

I want to know if the price had gone up alittle on the '91's ? I have been looking it's seems like it has ?

Was your 91 sold for $40,000 or did it have 40,000 miles on it?

I think the truly pristine, low miles, 91s may have held steady but they should be trending slightly down, no?

Price is always determined on what someone is willing to pay. Not asking price. You can't judge it by ads on autotrader.

It is funny to me how many threads are started on this very topic. If the right car comes along with the right mods and the maintenence is up to date, then price should be secondary. Maintenence is king NOT price.

If you end up getting a "Good Deal" on a car with deferred maintence or worse, no records at all, then you will pay more in the long run.

Good Luck on your search:smile:

Price is always determined on what someone is willing to pay. Not asking price. You can't judge it by ads on autotrader.

It is funny to me how many threads are started on this very topic. If the right car comes along with the right mods and the maintenence is up to date, then price should be secondary. Maintenence is king NOT price.

If you end up getting a "Good Deal" on a car with deferred maintence or worse, no records at all, then you will pay more in the long run.

Good Luck on your search:smile:

amen my thoughts exactly, i just got really luckly last time a got a good deal ( $26,500,) and the snap ring was just done with the clutch, and timing chain. Some dealer had it for to long, and it was list for $ 34,000.

If you go on auto trader right now there is a sliver 1999 with 900 miles on it !!!!

Was your 91 sold for $40,000 or did it have 40,000 miles on it?

I think the truly pristine, low miles, 91s may have held steady but they should be trending slightly down, no?

Shouldn't be for a 91 because a top condition 91 now KBB's at $39k supposedly. That's funny considering I've seen a few 02-03 selling for sub $50k.

Shouldn't be for a 91 because a top condition 91 now KBB's at $39k supposedly. That's funny considering I've seen a few 02-03 selling for sub $50k.

People are going to have to realize that soon, due to the fact that the NSX remained mostly unchanged over its 14 year run, the price range will shrink and you may even get to the point where early examples will out price later ones. Now, I'm not saying a '91 will ever be worth more than a 2005, but I wouldn't doubt a '91 being worth more than a '96 for example. It all depends on how people view the car as it passes into history. Early models, with OBD1 software, and minimal added goodies (ie power steering, air bags, t-roofs) may become sought after cars...in the end mileage and condition of the car is going to out weigh the year. Simple as that.

Would you pay more for a 1996 300ZX Twin Turbo over a 1991 300ZX TT with the same mileage?

No but I'd pay more for a 94 or 95 :)

I'd rather have a 91-93 than any other NA1's, I think your point is valid. The color combinations of the early cars are also desireable to many as well. The prices will remain flat for a long time. They don't make em like they used to.

Back