• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

93 Forumla Red - street car that will see track.

indeed John. cant wait to actually drive the car. drove the car only a handful of times since i got it in october 2013, then it went under the knife.

Car is finished. Alignment and corner balance next week. Had some tough time fitting 235/40/17 nt01 in the front , i had to roll the fenders and cut half of the liner away. hopefully once the camber is set up in the front, those won't rub.

Last edited:
indeed i agonized over the fitment issues of the 235 nto1...I wimped out with my old faithful ra1 in the same size....but it runs 9mm less in width.I don't have the balls to roll fenders and cut away the liner.I have mine slightly trimmed.

Yea, combination with wider tires, stoptech hats and lower offset wheels make it hard to fit. I still rub a little from time to time.

Another thing I noticed is after maybe 30 miles of driving without alignment, my rear tires are a little chewed up. then I marked up the rear toe, sure enough I have way too much rear toe in like 20mm haha. Stupid me failed at measuring when I installed rigid rear toe links. Gotta correct some of that before the alignment next, or my rear tires will probably wear out after a 60 miles drive to the alignment shop.

car is done for this season. aligned and corner balanced. to my surprise, car only weighted 2830 lbs with slightly over half tank of gas and heavy oem exhaust. I thought it would be closer to 3000 lbs.

with 170lb driver ballast and oem exhaust. taitec gtlw installed a couple days later.

Last edited:
Thanks Payam972. I love it too for the track duties and fun drives only, it's almost too raw for daily use/cruises.

I love the bumper and rim decorations for the living room. It really brings out the hard wood floor. Must smell like rich Mahogany in there.</SPAN>
Also that does look like a nice Sam Adams beer next to the laptop (tail light pic). Keep up the good work and stay classy!</SPAN>

- - - Updated - - -

I love the bumper and rim decorations for the living room. It really brings out the hard wood floor. Must smell like rich Mahogany in there.</SPAN>
Also that does look like a nice Sam Adams beer next to the laptop (tail light pic). Keep up the good work and stay classy!</SPAN>

Thanks Bryan! Already have the test pipes, headers will be nice too. maybe next year, it pains me to think about what i have to remove to install them.
Get some headers and test pipes then you will be set for the track

Bryan

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jay! Those were actually in my "office/storage room" haha, my wife would kill me if i put my bumper and rims in the living room. Can't really recall what beer i was having, but most likely a Sleeman Honey Brown that night. im not sure if you guys get this brand of beer in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Back