• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 NSX T with 30k miles for $35k???

This car met its reserve at $35k!!! Looks really clean, too!

Wow.. is the price of 95-96 going down? I see lots of 95-96 with low milege going under $40k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1876572512&category=5337

This 94 one met its reserve at $29k!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1876468852&category=5337

Or is the reserve price irrelevant?

[This message has been edited by Tiger740 (edited 09 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Tiger740 (edited 09 January 2003).]

I know that this has been said before but e-bay does not truely reflect the market as far as pricing. You can gauge what cars are being bid for but you don't get the whole story. I do agree those are great deals if sold for the current bid, but I have noticed that for some reason the color green is less desireable and have for the most part sold for less. just my .02 cents

The reserve price is relevant because it indicates what the seller is willing to take for the car.

These prices DO seem low. However, these auctions have not closed, so the actual selling price could end up to be much higher than what's bid so far. Which means that there are buyers willing to pay more than the seller is willing to sell for. This could mean that the seller doesn't know the market very well. It could also mean that there are problems with the cars that are not apparent from the descriptions there.

The biggest problem with eBay is that buyers must commit to the deal without, in most cases, seeing the car beforehand. And that entails a considerable risk. 90 percent of the cars sold on eBay claim that they are in excellent condition. Some of them are, and some of them aren't. As a result, prices tend to be lower than at dealers or other private sales. If it's really in great shape, you might get a bargain. If it's not, you might get what you pay for, or even be overpaying.

If I wanted to sell a car that were truly "perfect" for its miles and year - all maintenance up to date and absolutely no issues at all - I would put it up for sale via sites like NSXprime for the NSX community, and not on eBay.

Incidentally, one way you can tell whether an NSX is well cared for is if the scheduled maintenance is up to date. Both of the cars mentioned here appear to be at least two years overdue for the replacement of the timing belt and water pump.

That Green/tan 94 is my car's soulmate! I am #268 he is #269
smile.gif

Aaron

Wow this engine is nasty: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1876468852&indexURL=6&photoDisplayType=2#ebaylargephotohosting

from this car:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1876468852&category=5337

It makes me wonder are your NSX engine and the hood compartment clean and look as new?
Because mine are
smile.gif

You got what you paid for.

I got AS NEW 1994 green and I did pay hefty premium for it.

Since you pay the same EXPENSIVE insurance cost on whatever the condition of your car with the same model year, the satisfaction that you got a perfect car is priceless
smile.gif

What a PERFECT color to show the beauty and exoticness of the NSX lines
smile.gif

GREEN! GREEN! GREEN!

------------------
--
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP :) -> miles start to climb
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 10k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 5k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 97k miles and running strong :)

Green is pretty. My Dodge Stealth was a deep emerald green, and I loved it. It's just so hard to choose colors with the NSX though, they all look so good!

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Green is pretty. My Dodge Stealth was a deep emerald green, and I loved it. It's just so hard to choose colors with the NSX though, they all look so good!

I agree. NSX looks amazing in any color.

I have the current high bid on the '95. It looks really good to me. I'm hoping that the two green '94s with low reserves that are available will keep the bidding on this one low.

Here's some additional info.

* one owner, non-smoker, has service records
* clean carfax
* had 30k service, but recommended not to change timing belt and water pump until 45k due to low miles
* has existing extended warranty, expires Jan 21 (auction ends Jan 15)
* exterior - "few small scratches, but that's it"
* new tires, Bridgestone Potenza R010s
* stock, no after-market mods

Another plus is the unique color combo, green with a black interior. Most greens have tan, but I want black.

The owner has agreed to take it in for inspection at Hilltop Auto Service before we complete the deal. The shop was recommended by nsxprime member Option2.

BTW, I just discovered NSX Prime this month, and I am extremely impressed! Actually, the information and responses that I've gotten here gave me the confidence to place the bid on eBay.

[This message has been edited by joec (edited 10 January 2003).]

HA! I'm going to outbid you!
I'll wait until the very last minute and put in my bid so you will never have it! Mine! Mine! Mine! My preccccious....

Just kidding.
biggrin.gif

Hope you get it and be part of our family.

Originally posted by joec:
I have the current high bid on the '95. It looks really good to me. I'm hoping that the two green '94s with low reserves that are available will keep the bidding on this one low...

joec, congratulations on the fact that you've decided to go ahead and pursue your dream of buying an NSX. It's terrific to know that the forum has aided you in that decision-making process.

I think you are taking the most of the steps necessary to ensure a safe and enjoyable buying experience. One of the things you have failed to do, which I would do right away, is get somebody in the area to inspect the car up close and personal. Forum members are generally very willing to do this, and an knowledgeable NSX owner's input is an invaluable pre-purchase inspection seal of quality.

Additionally, there is a natural exuberane, when buying a high-quality sports car, and the NSX is no exception. Keep in mind the following, relating to your comments:

* one owner, non-smoker, has service records

They are all "non-smoker" cars. If I had a dime for every ad that said "never driven in rain," "always garaged," "non-smoker car," etc., etc...

* clean carfax

A clean carfax helps, but is not a guarantee that the car has not been painted, or has had body panels replaced, etc.

* had 30k service, but recommended not to change timing belt and water pump until 45k due to low miles

Timing belt change is either 90K or 6 years. The car is seven years old. You should get a discount of the timing-belt has not been changed.

* has existing extended warranty, expires Jan 21 (auction ends Jan 15)

This is obviously some aftermarket, third-party warranty. While not all of them are junk, make sure you understand the coverage terms and provisions, and note that the warranty is transferable. Mostly a moot point, since the warranty is about to expire anyway.

* exterior - "few small scratches, but that's it"

Definitely want to know what "few small scratches, but that's it" means.

Again, nice touch, but note that they are not the OEM Yokohama's.

Don't want to scare you off -- the car could be perfect (and in fact, I'm sure it is). Just want to make sure you make an informed decision.

Regards.

If you get the 95 green one at $35k (and if it's a mint car), that is one amazing deal!!

Originally posted by NSXaholic:
I think you are taking the most of the steps necessary to ensure a safe and enjoyable buying experience. One of the things you have failed to do, which I would do right away, is get somebody in the area to inspect the car up close and personal. Forum members are generally very willing to do this, and an knowledgeable NSX owner's input is an invaluable pre-purchase inspection seal of quality.

That would be great. On which forum should I post a request?

I assume you recommend this in addition to the inspection that will be performed at Hilltop Auto.

That would be great. On which forum should I post a request?

Here for starters.

But keep in mind one point before you solicit an NSX's owners time and advice: per the eBay link, you are the highest bidder in an auction where the reserve has already been met. You are therefore legally obligated to purchase the vehicle under eBay's rules. This will hold unless you have some alternative agreement with the buyer.

Generally, the value of having a local NSX owner inspect the car is highest prior to bidding (or being the highest bidder) so you can use their evaluation to determine whether you want to pursue purchasing the car. Given your auction status as the highest buyer, IMO you have already passed this point. Given that you have already committed to buying the NSX (assuming, of course, a satisfactory checkup at Hilltop Auto), I will leave it your discretion to see if you want to have somebody inspect the car. IMHO, I would pass on asking a local NSX owner, unless you think you can get out of the deal if they pass a poor verdict on the car.

I assume you recommend this in addition to the inspection that will be performed at Hilltop Auto.

Again, generally you would want to do both, but given where you are at this point in your bidding process, in my opinion I would just stick to the final check-up at Hilltop Auto.

If for some reason the deal falls through, and you are looking at another NSX seriously, make sure you get the opinion of a local NSX owner before you seal the deal and fly in for a final checkup.

Regards.

I was tempted to bid on Ebay item 1876468852, the 1994 currently at $29,500, but I can't bring myself to commit that much money to a car that I can't inspect or have inspected first (I found out about it too close to the auction closing date). If everything the seller says is true then it's probably a good deal (even if the engine doesn't look clean enough to eat off of in that pic).

About green: any NSX will already attract more attention than I prefer, thus I am drawn to the less flashy colors.

Just a note - often people will submit bids in the last few seconds of bidding. If you're serious about this car, you should make sure your bid is your "walk-away price" - as high as you would be willing to pay, and any higher you would walk away. That way, any last-second bids will only take the car from you at a price that you're willing for it to be taken. Don't put yourself in a position where you kick yourself for not bidding higher if you knew someone was going to bid at the last minute.

Remember, the highest bidder determines who gets to buy it, but the actual selling price is determined by the second highest bidder.

Originally posted by NSXaholic:

Again, nice touch, but note that they are not the OEM Yokohama's.[/B]

No, they are the OEM Bridgestones. Like the Yokohama A022H, the Bridgestone RE010 was designed specifically for the NSX, with its built-in bias, corner-specific design, etc.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Just a note - often people will submit bids in the last few seconds of bidding.
Remember, the highest bidder determines who gets to buy it, but the actual selling price is determined by the second highest bidder.

Point well taken. I expected at least one higher bid than mine, so I would have some room to negotiate.

Actually, since I've been out bid, I've reconsidered on this one. I was tempted by what looks like a really good deal, but it's not exactly what I want. I'd like a '97+, or a Midnight Pearl/black (not likely). Brooklands Green is beautiful, and after Midnight Pearl, it would be my second choice.

Point well taken. I expected at least one higher bid than mine, so I would have some room to negotiate.

Actually, since I've been out bid, I've reconsidered on this one. I was tempted by what looks like a really good deal, but it's not exactly what I want. I'd like a '97+, or a Midnight Pearl/black (not likely). Brooklands Green is beautiful, and after Midnight Pearl, it would be my second choice.

Good for you for exercising restraint. You shouldn't settle for second, especially on a car like this.

95 NSX T with 30k miles for $35k?

Yes! It just sold for $35600. The winning bid was placed on the 11th, and no one bid afterward. It seems like such a nice one, I really find that odd.

The guy's max bid was just $35600, too. I could have easily out bid him in the final minute, but I continued to exercise restraint.
wink.gif

That is an amazing price (if the car is clean).

The guy's max bid was just $35600, too. I could have easily out bid him in the final minute, but I continued to exercise restraint.

It is highly unlikely that his maximum bid was $35,600. For all you know, his maximum bid may have been over $40,000. However, if he wins, the bid gets posted as the final sale price, not his actual bid amount, which could be much higher.

Originally posted by Tiger740:
That is an amazing price (if the car is clean).

Send me $30k and I'll send you a 1995 NSX-T. Deal? Come on, why not? Just because you don't know anything about the car I'm going to send you? It's an amazing price!

Originally posted by Lud:
Send me $30k and I'll send you a 1995 NSX-T. Deal? Come on, why not? Just because you don't know anything about the car I'm going to send you? It's an amazing price!

I guess.. That's why that 97 Blue Coupe w/ 4k is so cheap
smile.gif

Back