• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'96 has a new home!

Well guys, my search is over, I have just purchased a '96 NSX-T for my wife.

Before I go into the car, I would like to thank everyone on this board who answered all my questions. And a special thanks to Yong (tiger 740) who was kind enough to take the time to go look at the car for me and give me his opinions on the car. Very cool of you Yong, and I'm sorry to yank an NSX out of your area! ;) Also to Ken for viewing the photos I sent him, and to the 2nd owner of the car, MikeSCG, for answering all my questions and sending me his service reords.

Now for the car. It is a bone stock '96 NSX-T, midnight Pearl with black interior and 5 speed. The car has 19,962 miles on it and it is just beautiful. We have looked at a lot of cars, from really nice to really hammered, but the minute this car pulled into the hotel parking lot, I knew it was the one.

The original owner was the owners son of an Acura dealer in R.I. It was then sold to Mike in the summer of 01 with 10K on it. Mike owned it for a short time, fixed a few small things, and sold it to guy who I purchased it from.

The deal went very smooth, and I am very happy with what I paid for the car. He threw in a detail and new car cover and lined up the trucking company while I flew home last night. The car will be loaded up Friday, and hopefully here to her new home in 7 days.

Thanks again to everyone who read and/or posted to my questions. But don't think you're off the hook guys, because I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more questions in the future! Can't wait for our first cruise when it gets here.

Now I'm off to join NSXCA and find the first gathering in SoCal.

Thanks for reading,
Tim

Good for you ASCOT71! :)

I hope to be posting similar happy news in a few weeks, or months, depending on how long it takes to find "That Car", and to rearrange things so I can afford it! :)

Conrgatulations!!

I will miss seeing that car in MA :eek:

Enjoy your new ownership!!

Thanks guys. My wife didn't sleep much last night, so it's fun to see her so excited. She has wanted one of these cars for a long time. We probably would have had one at the start of this year, but thanks to this board, I learned so much and realized that we needed to be patient, and really knew what to start looking for. It has been a real joy just looking for a NSX, and now we own one!

As for what I drive, well, my weekend toy is an off road race car that we race in California and Neveda. But I am on the waiting list for a new Ford GT. Ford hasn't totally committed themselves to the project, but an inside source says that they are going to do it, so we'll wait and see.

Back to the race car. One of the classes is unlimited, basically no rules except for safety requirements. There is a new car that has a 3.2 NSX motor. He hasn't had much luck with it, but man does that thing fly! I've been meaning to get some pictures and info on it and post it here as some of you guys might get a kick out of it. The motor is pretty much stock except for custom F.I. and exhaust, and it is mounted to a auto trans built for off road racing. Just think of an NSX with 33" of front travel and 38" of rear! Probably doesn't turn real well, but man can it go straight!

Talk to you guys later,
Tim

Back