• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

96 NSX-T 56K miles, how much is it worth?

Is this car worth 38K

• Yes

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Ok deal

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Had 2 previous NSX's both 91. Can't seem to find much info on the mid years. Does anyone know how much a 96 NSX-T 56K miles worth? I think I'm getting a good deal but maybe not.

1 owner, all service history, women owner, getting it for $38,000.

What do you all think? I'm glad to be coming back!

When I was searching for my car last year I came across three 96's. From my recollection the prices were in the $36K range and had 50-60K miles. One sold to the guy ahead of me in line. The other I passed on because of some undisclosed minor body blemishes. The third was too far away from me to fit into my budget because of shipping and travel costs. I ended up buying a 95 auto with 65k miles for $36K in CA. The car was in very good condition (timing belt and pump just replaced) and had several luxury upgrades, i.e., auto start, keyless entry, CD, DVD, Navigation and Vipor alarm. I would think that the car you’re looking at needs to be in very good to excellent condition, all services done and possible some tasteful mods to be worth $38,000. Others will tell you that the 95/96 NSX’s are the slowest models made, which is true, and may have an impact on resale. Guys, is there anything else?

Good Luck

When I was searching for my car last year I came across three 96's. From my recollection the prices were in the $36K range and had 50-60K miles. One sold to the guy ahead of me in line. The other I passed on because of some undisclosed minor body blemishes. The third was too far away from me to fit into my budget because of shipping and travel costs. I ended up buying a 95 auto with 65k miles for $36K in CA. The car was in very good condition (timing belt and pump just replaced) and had several luxury upgrades, i.e., auto start, keyless entry, CD, DVD, Navigation and Vipor alarm. I would think that the car you’re looking at needs to be in very good to excellent condition, all services done and possible some tasteful mods to be worth $38,000. Others will tell you that the 95/96 NSX’s are the slowest models made, which is true, and may have an impact on resale. Guys, is there anything else?

Good Luck

From your post, it seems that one could get a mid '90s model in the mid $30K's. However, I do see a lot of '91s for sale here and on many classified for low $30K's. Are the '91s overpriced or are the mid '90s models underpriced? Just curious.

Good Luck

This care is bone stock so no mods. I had no clue 95/96 is the slowest. Why is that?

Slowest due to the added weight of the targas with the 3.0L engine

Slowest due to the added weight of the targas with the 3.0L engine

Yea, but that is silly to think it lowers the value.

IT HAS A TARGA TOP! That right there is a huge value adder. I would NOT buy an NSX with out one....but thats me. And you can make up 75% of the HP difference between the 97+ models with headers and exhaust.

Ditto Swiftvision above... had a 94 hard top prior... love the targa.

Is it a steal? No.

Is it a fair price if it has shiny paint, all services are up to date, all records are accounted for, no accidents, and no need for you to do any reconditioning? Yes.

1 owner is always a "plus" buying any car. I'm not saying that alone would sway me into buying it but it's good to know.

What's the difference between "Yes" and "Ok deal"? :confused:

Yes = 38K is a good deal.

Ok deal = market price given the condition of the car, not a good deal, not a bad deal.

Yea, but that is silly to think it lowers the value.

IT HAS A TARGA TOP! That right there is a huge value adder. I would NOT buy an NSX with out one....but thats me. And you can make up 75% of the HP difference between the 97+ models with headers and exhaust.

Being I had 2 91's the Targa is the attractive part.

From your post, it seems that one could get a mid '90s model in the mid $30K's. However, I do see a lot of '91s for sale here and on many classified for low $30K's. Are the '91s overpriced or are the mid '90s models underpriced? Just curious.

I think that the NSX price bottoms out around $30K (lower for cars in fair/poor condition and higher for those in good/excellent condition). I do think the slowness of the 95/96's is a negative for some prospective buyers, but for those that want the T-Top and various improvements, the 95/96's are least expensive model year you can buy, but there are not nearly as many of them available. Because I wanted a T-top and I had a $35K budget, I had to settle for a 95/96. I would have preferred a 97/98, but I found that there was a big jump in price for them, generally $40-$45K. The least expensive 97 was $38K with many suspension mods and aftermarket wheels. But, this car had nearly 100K miles on the clock.

So, I do not think that the early models are overpriced nor the mid models underpriced. These two groups of cars just have different things to offer

I decided to pass on the car. Thanks for everyone's input.

I think that the NSX price bottoms out around $30K (lower for cars in fair/poor condition and higher for those in good/excellent condition). I do think the slowness of the 95/96's is a negative for some prospective buyers, but for those that want the T-Top and various improvements, the 95/96's are least expensive model year you can buy, but there are not nearly as many of them available. Because I wanted a T-top and I had a $35K budget, I had to settle for a 95/96. I would have preferred a 97/98, but I found that there was a big jump in price for them, generally $40-$45K. The least expensive 97 was $38K with many suspension mods and aftermarket wheels. But, this car had nearly 100K miles on the clock.

So, I do not think that the early models are overpriced nor the mid models underpriced. These two groups of cars just have different things to offer

Thanks for the clarification. Since I don't really care that the mid-90's MYs are a little slower, I may want to shoot for the 95-96 for a good deal. Still, the 2000-2001s are truely amazing examples as well. I just need to justify another $10-15K for it.

Back