• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97 silver JH4NA2168VT000043 mini-review

I stopped by the dealership that has this car today. It is near Roswell GA (just north of Atlanta) and lists on Auto Trader for $33,900. Clay, who is in charge of selling it, was not there so I wasn't able to get any information about the car or take it for a drive. The car has 107,000 miles and from what I can tell it seemed to be taken care of. The interior was in excellent shape and there was little wear on the seats. There was a knob installed in the change compartment that I don't know what it was or is for (see picture). I did find the floor mats that were taken out and placed in the trunk and they definitely should be replaced. The truck shocks are getting weak, but could still hold the trunk up. As far as the outside everything seemed in good shape. I couldn't find any dents/dings, misalignments, or obvious evidence of repaint, but the car was dirty. I did find minor scratches on the rear bumper and the front bumper (see pictures). There are minor scratches under the front spoiler, but there were hardly any rock chips on the front bumper. I would have thought there would have been more for a car with 107k miles on it. But, like I said the car was dirty. It does have new Dunlop tires on it. The battery was dead so I couldn't even start it up, nor did any of the electronics work.

If someone is serious about buying this car after talking to Clay and seeing if he knows any history on the car, let me know and I'll take if for a test drive next week.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:
Shift Knob

The knob looks like RM Racing -

and yes - the light up front looks to be from the K40 laser jammer - either mounted up front, or in the rear.

Bilulan said:
i believe that is the undetectable k40 radar detector....

Probably has some type of sensor mounted in the front and back...
Yep K40 undetectable... uses 2 LEDS to give you directional (F/R) warning of detection... the knob in the coin tray is the switch (city - off - highway) and volume control.

Yep K40 undetectable... uses 2 LEDS to give you directional (F/R) warning of detection... the knob in the coin tray is the switch (city - off - highway) and volume control.

My NSX has that same system, was installed when I got it new. Total waste of money, IMO. It warns you about the same time the cop is telling you to
"have a nice day" :eek:

I think that a) it is mounted too low to be effective b) its not a really good detector anyways c) technology is dated d) rear unit has to pick up the signals thru the bumper cover

Vegas Boy said:
My NSX has that same system, was installed when I got it new. Total waste of money, IMO. It warns you about the same time the cop is telling you to "have a nice day" :eek:

I think that a) it is mounted too low to be effective b) its not a really good detector anyways c) technology is dated d) rear unit has to pick up the signals thru the bumper cover
The system works OK on my other cars, albeit arguably NOT as "smart" (lots of false signals) as some of the other units. The reduced effectiveness in my NSX is possibly due to the LOW mounting points.

See also http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40104 for more current discussion on this car -- its currently on eBAY with a current price of $29.1K -- and it still has the K40 system (!).

Did we really need to revive this six-month-old topic just to make a comment about the radar detector in it? Especially when there is already a current topic discussing it?

Now you are pissed because someone IS using the search? No soup for you!

Back