• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

993 cab

This is what I got out of it.

So I was at a gas station earlier today, there was a guy fueling his giant SUV.

When I got out of my NSX, the guy told me that he like my car but it is just not a good looking car - At least that's what he's been hearing, but he himself like the look.

I also noticed he also has a 993 Cabrio right around the corner; therefore, I gave him my card and told him to give me a call if he enjoy a little spirited driving to see whether the NSX or the Porsche is faster. He agreed. He also told me that the 993 was the car he wanted, in return, the wife got the car of her choice, the SUV.

I cant wait to blow him away when we drag.

This is what I got out of it.

So I was at a gas station earlier today, there was a guy fueling his giant SUV.

When I got out of my NSX, the guy told me that he like my car but it is just not a good looking car - At least that's what he's been hearing, but he himself like the look.

I also noticed he also has a 993 Cabrio right around the corner; therefore, I gave him my card and told him to give me a call if he enjoy a little spirited driving to see whether the NSX or the Porsche is faster. He agreed. He also told me that the 993 was the car he wanted, in return, the wife got the car of her choice, the SUV.

I cant wait to blow him away when we drag.

If the translation is correct, who is driving the 993 Cab and who is driving the SUV? Were there two people ( the husband and wife) driving separately?

This is what I got.
Trev, your a cool dude. It was nice meeting you at Nsxpo.
Next time we get together I'll buy the Mexican food and also the drinks.
I promise we won't have to drive past those water falls on the hiway to Portland. Sorry for making you drive the wrong way for an hour and meeting us in the Walmart parking lot and being harassed by tall cowboys with Big Hats. I wanted to tell you the story about me and the cow in the field, but It was the first time meeting you and was shy. Chicks dig me cause I wear briefs, not boxers. I'll fuel you up at the gas station for letting me have your sos engine garnish. I'll even tuck a C-Note in your pocket if your up to it.
Myron

Well, that my take on it anyways
Trev

"Oh stewardess, I speak jive"

The SUV driver was saying the car (OP's nsx) not only looks good, it also sounds good; he was impressed.

The OP apparently knows his neighbors, and is aware the SUV owner also drives an older convertible Porsche, so his opinion apparently results in a feeling of joy to the OP; because the OP wants to bask in this feeling of enjoyment later, he gave the SUV owner his personal contact information, so the SUV driver can tire kick the OP's nsx.

The SUV owner (and perhaps porsche owner) then told the OP he is whipped, cannot make car buying decisions without the approval of the wife, but also said he would be more than willing to whip the OP's nsx in a similar fashion, during the tire-kicking session.

The OP is now waiting for the call, so this test drive can be setup.

My interpretation...

A guy at the gas station who was filling up a big SUV mentioned that he has heard this NSX running around the neighborhood and said that it not only looks good, it also sounds good. The SUV guy also owns a Porsche 993 Cabriolet. SENNAF1 decided to give the guy his contact info so the guy can try driving the NSX. He thinks that by driving the NSX, he will be blown away with the driving experience. The guy bought the big SUV for his wife and thinks that since he bought her the SUV she wanted, he can get an NSX for himself in the future. (Perhaps SENNAF1 is also hoping to get to drive the Porsche.)

LOL Scorp, on the "Jive" from the movie Airplane

My translation was the guy with the SUV was drooling over the NSX because it doesn't look like a Pig with lipstick like his 993. So SennaF1 gave him his contact info so when the guy takes the NSX out for a test drive, SennaF1 can give the guy's wife what she really wants - to be blown away by a guy who drives a NSX.

Last edited:
my translation was the guy with the suv was drooling over the nsx because it doesn't look like a pig with lipstick like his 993. So sennaf1 gave him his contact info so when the guy takes the nsx out for a test drive, sennaf1 can give the guy's wife what she really wants - to be blown away by a guy who drives a nsx.
what he said

what he said

Some FYI beyond the quarter mile. Porsche 993 hard top versus Nsx at nurburgring.

993 Gt3 7:54--56.46 km/h - Porsche 993 GT3, 360 PS/1380 kg (sport auto 06/03)
8:09 --- 151.66 km/h - Honda NSX-R, 320 PS/1467 kg (sport auto 08/02)
8:28 --- 145.98 km/h - Porsche 993 Carrera Cabrio (sport auto 04/97)
8:37 --- 143.44 km/h - Honda NSX 3.0 (sport auto 07/91)
8:33.80 144.34 km/h - Honda NSX (6-speed) Coupe, 276 PS (Top Gear magazine)

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

It's not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean.

I have passed 993 & 996s C4 and S on the track left and right. The only P cars I can't run with on the track are the 996/7 TT and the GT3s.

I'm not saying the NSX is faster than a 911 on the track, I'm just telling you that lap after lap, weekend after weekend I have no problems rolling right on by the 911s.

It's not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean.

I have passed 993 & 996s C4 and S on the track left and right. The only P cars I can't run with on the track are the 996/7 TT and the GT3s.

I'm not saying the NSX is faster than a 911 on the track, I'm just telling you that lap after lap, weekend after weekend I have no problems rolling right on by the 911s.

It just takes a race car drive to push the 993 to the limits.

No doubt the nsx is easier to drive and IMO more stable at higher speeds, not to mention once an NA1 loses 100lbs it will pull from the 993.

Back