• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A beautiful day at Laguna Seca

Man, I miss reading threads like this. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Roger,
Glad to see you are out enjoying your car, sorry it took so long to get done. Cheers, Shad

"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold."

Boy Shawn,
Your signature does not seem to fit the Dali business plain?????????????
Sorry about being off topic, I am in Sebring, Florida (Chin Motorsports event) this weekend and have had a couple beers.

Last edited:
"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold."

Boy Shawn,
Sorry about being off topic, I have had a couple beers and in Sebring, Florida this weekend.

Haha...not a good fit at all. Maybe it'll seem brilliant plan with a few more beers though. ;)

Watched the vid 3x times. We need more threads like this.

FWIW, Jeremy Clarkson did a 1:57 in the NSX LS special. He had the track all day, to him self in what appeared to be a stock 2005. Like you said, I also have no clue if that is a good time or not.

I think you could get to around a 1:50.

The key is using the entire track, getting on the throttle after your initial turn in. Open up your radius you can carry more speed and get on the throttle sooner.

It's good to see some one else tacking there nsx out on track and having fun.
So few ever see the track and the car is such a good track car.

Later,
Don

I think you could get to around a 1:50.

The key is using the entire track, getting on the throttle after your initial turn in. Open up your radius you can carry more speed and get on the throttle sooner.

It's good to see some one else tacking there nsx out on track and having fun.
So few ever see the track and the car is such a good track car.

Later,
Don

Easy there Don, there is NO WAY that he can get to 1:50 with what he is has; and based on the pics, he may or may not be running on R compound.

NSX Details
91 Formula Red, Magnaflo exhaust with Comptech tips, OEM springs with Bilsteins on lower perch, TSW wheels (18/19), color matched top, HID lights, 02 rear lights, LED signal lights, CF Lip, CF Type-R spoiler, Wings West kit, CF RWG, Momo Tuner with NRG quick release, NSX-R sways, F1 Spec seats,

1:59 is very respectable for an intermediate dirver with perhaps 2-3 days at Laguna. Newbies with a completely stock NSX and mostly novice, get to about mid-low 2s when their brakes start fading .... Couple of years ago some not to be mentioned trackers were duking it out and keeping scores, and with similar set up as he has, and on street tires, the psotings were in low 1:56 ......... the rest is history :tongue:

Easy there Don, there is NO WAY that he can get to 1:50 with what he is has; and based on the pics, he may or may not be running on R compound.

NSX Details
91 Formula Red, Magnaflo exhaust with Comptech tips, OEM springs with Bilsteins on lower perch, TSW wheels (18/19), color matched top, HID lights, 02 rear lights, LED signal lights, CF Lip, CF Type-R spoiler, Wings West kit, CF RWG, Momo Tuner with NRG quick release, NSX-R sways, F1 Spec seats,

1:59 is very respectable for an intermediate dirver with perhaps 2-3 days at Laguna. Newbies with a completely stock NSX and mostly novice, get to about mid-low 2s when their brakes start fading .... Couple of years ago some not to be mentioned trackers were duking it out and keeping scores, and with similar set up as he has, and on street tires, the psotings were in low 1:56 ......... the rest is history :tongue:

1:59's is a nice time considerig that there is a passenger in the car, that alone would be worth 2-3 seconds IMHO, IIRC it would be hard to get to the low 1:50's without having to worry about the brakes becoming toast after a few laps going 9/10th's on stock sized rotors at Laguna (unless you have some serious ducting going on in the front and rear rotors).

In regards to the video, nice vid, it seems that the driver was a little bit lost in regards to the line without a rabbit to chase upfront (IE open lap), then again it could be that he was taking it easy during that open lap.

IMHO the quickest way to become faster at a given track is to ride shotgun with a good instructor driving their NSX that has a similar setup and observe his/her line, braking/acceleration points and go from there after getting up to speed once you are familiar with their line =)

Happy tracking..

NSX Details

I was happy with my performance considering I was running the stock wheels with stock size tires and this is only my 2nd time with the NSX at LS. I could use some more rubber for better grip thats for sure. I also dont run at 9/10ths either cause I like my NSX and dont want to put it into a wall.........

Wow, de ja vu! This bring back memories of me a few years ago when I was completely satisfied and just wanted to have fun. Dhalism, you are sounding very familier to someone I once knew:biggrin:. I suggest that you save yourself some money and just call Shad and schedule his plasma cutter and fabricator then get started. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Just my .02. Kip

Wow, de ja vu! This bring back memories of me a few years ago when I was completely satisfied and just wanted to have fun. Dhalism, you are sounding very familier to someone I once knew:biggrin:. I suggest that you save yourself some money and just call Shad and schedule his plasma cutter and fabricator then get started. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Just my .02. Kip

Some money ??.....You meant to say a lot of money right ? :biggrin:

Roger,
Glad to see you are out enjoying your car, sorry it took so long to get done. Cheers, Shad

Boy Shawn,
Sorry about being off topic, I am in Sebring, Florida (Chin Motorsports event) this weekend and have had a couple beers.

You're too funny. Drink a couple more and write another post. :biggrin:

Re: Good advice from Mrs. Olson's nice boy Kip

whose ulterior motive is looking for some fresh ass to kick !!! :tongue:

I suggest that you save yourself some money and just call Shad and schedule his plasma cutter and fabricator then get started. Just my .02. Kip

Yeah, don't mess around half stepping it like he did. :wink:

Kipster, you got any testing to do? Maybe, say ARC Thunderhill May 1 race? I'll be there and I'd love to watch you blow by me on the straight and see your line thru T-1. Maybe we can taunt Elmer into a showdown?? Last I saw, he was doing 1:47's. :cool:

Back