• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A completely bone stock unmolested NSX feeling

My 92 came with 17/18 only. I actually purchased a set of those original 15/16 wheels. The car drives/ride better with those 15/16. And I actually kinda like them and they are fairly light.

its a beautiful thing... i want larger lighter wheels, but the small wheels feel so good. especially since i got spacers for them.

I think there are shortcomings to the original NSX as a driver, especially early models. Here is a list of "mods" I think address these:

HID headlights
Hugabuga window regulator overhaul kit
Window fix-it thingies
OEM 97+ headers
Cup holders, if you must, either later oem center bin or aftermarket cup holders

My car also has a bunch of engine bay bling, but it is totally unnecessary and only done for my personal amusement. And it came equipped with 94 wheels and dvd/nav head unit. I plan to refinish the chrome wheels in something a bit more subtle. I like the head unit, especially the iPod connector in the arm rest.

Of course any NSX that is primarily a track day toy will benefit from extensive modification.

The first time I saw an NSX in autoweek, I knew I had to have one. This car has lived up to my expectations completely. This car has Senna dna in it and I always am reminded of that every time I drive it. As for the sound of the car, I appreciate the fact that it only sounds angry when it is supposed to.

The first time I saw an NSX in autoweek, I knew I had to have one. This car has lived up to my expectations completely. This car has Senna dna in it and I always am reminded of that every time I drive it. As for the sound of the car, I appreciate the fact that it only sounds angry when it is supposed to.

I remember seeing an NSX the first time as well: in the evening near a hospital in Santa Barbara, CA. Never thought I'd actually own one but I dreamt of it!

One thing that I keep hearing is of Senna's mark on the car and, don't get me wrong, he definitely left a mark. But in relation to the main development team, his was a fraction of the whole. Senna's confirmation about the handling weak points accelerated the process of solving them. Tamamura, the head NSX test driver, Uehara and Ito, NSX chief engineer and now Honda's CEO respectively, spent quite a bit of time at the Nurburgring fine tuning the NSX's chassis and suspension.

You all may find this thread a good read: http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143944

I purchased the 15/16 wheels because I personally like to keep everything original, but after driving the car with them, I really like the ride/drive and even the look.

Last edited:
I have 18/19's on mine and while they look incredibly hot on the car, they are heavy :(.

I think the best balance is with 17/18s that are 7 spoke and look stock, eg., PRODRIVE GC07. I don't know if they are really light.

Look for magnesium rims if you really wanna be crazy about weight...
be ready to pony up the money..

I've been through the same thing with a 99 Civic Si that was supercharged and heavily modified, then taken back to bone stock for sale, and with a V6 Accord. Amazing how smart those Honda engineers are (or used to be) when it comes to putting together a solid balanced driver.

My NSX is stock except for a comptech exhaust (I'm lookig for an oem exhaust locally, btw) and a countersunk shift knob. I would like more power but for now I'm enjoying the car for what it is, rather than worrying about what it's not.

Really? You want to put on an OEM exhaust, tof? Too bad I'm in so cal or I'd sell you mine at a good price. That was one thing I had to change when I got mine. Didn't like the stock Singer sewing machine sound at all.

Yup, Kyras...I did the same thing with my S2000...replaced a HKS HiPro with the OEM s2k exhaust. I'm pretty much over the loud exhaust thing for normal driving. And I like to be able to hear the many other mechanical goings on coming from just behind my behind. Not too crazy about Honda's exhaust tips on the first gen exhaust but hopefully they will grow on me.

I am working out something with a Primer in Orlando on a swap. I have to go down there in the next couple of weeks anyway.

In unrelated news, looks like I will be investing a couple hundred bucks and a long weekend on replacing all 23 coolant hoses soon. :eek:

Last edited:
Back