• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A few reflections on lowering

In respects to lowering the car, I have come to believe the the mind set behind Honda in the design of the NSX and most of thier cars is simplistic beauty. You get a product that is Efficient, Practical, and generally Aesthetic pleasing.

Yet, the NSX gives ample opportunity for improvements (at least in the owner's eyes).
For some that would be lowering the car and modifying the suspension (driving conditions permitting). For others there are body kit improvements. And still for others there are engine modifications. How many cars can you think of with that much flexibility out the box to satisfy its owner's desires in such a wide range. Although the NSX is art, right out the box.

------------------
'91 blk/blk NSX
'96 Integra GSR
'02 CBR F4i

Just got my Eibach's installed on my '91, got my windows tinted, and put my summer wheels on the car (TSW Revos 17"/18" with black center nut). WOW!! The car finally looks RIGHT to me. The fender gap is gone and the car looks even more exotic than before. I highly recommend the Eibach Pro-Kit springs for the NSX, at least for someone doing street driving - I don't track my car but I can't imagine these being a detriment on the track. As soon as I can take some pictures and figure out how to post them I will do so.

P.S. Thanks to Mark Johnson @ Dali Racing for the assistance.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

how much did your mechanic charge for installation? did you adjust any suspension components?

Originally posted by JimK:

how much did your mechanic charge for installation? $350 + $70 for an alignment

did you adjust any suspension components? No (other than the alignment)

By the way the car drives just fine (not harsh at all).
smile.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

[This message has been edited by Michigan NSX (edited 03 April 2002).]

thanks Michigan NSX, I put some Forgeline 5
spokes on this winter and it seems like there is a larger gap between the tires and wheelwells now than with the OEM wheel/tires.

Originally posted by JimK:
thanks Michigan NSX, I put some Forgeline 5 spokes on this winter and it seems like there is a larger gap between the tires and wheelwells now than with the OEM wheel/tires.

That can be due to a change in tire size (more specifically, the outer diameter of the tire).

Back