• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A tangible childhood dream.

Greetings! My name is William and I recently stumbled across NSX Prime while searching for (you guessed it) and Acura NSX! I want to say hello!

A little back story, Ever since I was a child and found video games (particularly Gran Turismo) I fell in love with automobiles and everything mechanical about them. I love the sounds, the good and bad. I love the smell of smoking tires, engine oil, and different climates on long road trips. A long time ago when I was small my parents and I were driving to Vegas in the middle of the night. Half asleep and beggining to dream with my head bobbing next to the cracked rear window, I heard an exhaust note. louder and LOUDER and LOUDER it grew untill bbbbbwaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH right by us in the fast lane. A black streak and tailight trails as my vision struggled to focus. I knew those tail lights and yelled to my parents, "THAT WAS AN NSX"!
In about 30 miles or so we pulled off the road to get some midnight snacks at a gas station and there it was, sitting under the barely lit station lights shimmering in all its glory. i can still remember the exhaust tick as it was cooling down. From then on I was hooked, i had to have one.

So here I am today, I have been looking for an NSX for around 30k maybe a tad higher. So far i have been un-successfull. One prospect was a 1991 Black all original with 43k miles for 25k. Too good to be true right? It was. All other listings i have ventured for have already been sold. So im here now browsing your classifieds and reading your stories, watching your videos and liking this community so far. Hopefully soon I can join the ranks of greatness that come along with owning one of the worlds finest supercars.

My current daily driver is a 1979 El Camino that ive been fixing up over the years, but i was lucky enough to spend 3 years in Japan and fell in love with all things import while i was there. If anyone can help me find my dream car, I'd really love it! thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 580239_10200924704832634_924725160_n.jpg
    580239_10200924704832634_924725160_n.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 209
Welcome William.... it sounds like your dream is very tangible in the $30k and a little above range. Some have found nice NSX's for less, but you have to move fast on those priced very well.

This is a great site for NSX information... check the WIKI, there is a plethera of information about the NSX there.

Thank you, I have been looking for an NSX for about 6 months and have read a lot on the WIKI as well as other online forums. So far this has been the best place for information and finding car sites i don't know existed as far as classified listings go. Im not particularly worried about how many miles are on the car as long as the scheduled maintenance has been performed. I've sent out probably 30 emails to sellers and only one response in 30 days. heres to hoping! I'll definately post some good pictures for you guys when i get one!

So, I had my heart set on this NSX http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...][]]&listingId=344288015&listingIndex=4&Log=0

But it seems someone immediately is going to buy the car from the seller before i can go pick it up. Sad day. I really liked talking to the gentlemen selling the car and it looks immacualte.

So I've been looking at this one and have been trying to contact the seller. These have been close to me (under 500 miles each) so well worth a weekend trip to visit! http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...][]]&listingId=349242893&listingIndex=3&Log=0

that is only 300 miles away. Any feedback would be appreciated or if you are selling would you mind sendimg me a message?

Back