• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

About to install CTSC, headers, Exhaust etc.....Any Advice

:) I will wait til next week for headers and exhaust to go on.

Here she is buttoned up ready for whats next.
2012-04-17_21-02-46_901.jpg

low boost kit doesnt need a dyno tune. but i will be taking her in soon on the dyno to see how the AFR is doing.
Fyi my low boost kit was running A/f in the mid 13's so do yourself a favor and put it on the dyno just to be safe

Fyi my low boost kit was running A/f in the mid 13's so do yourself a favor and put it on the dyno just to be safe
dod you have your injectors cleaned and fuel fiter changed? Just for safe measure I will be taking her in just to make sure. What range do I want my AFR to be at?

What did you do about that?
The only adjustment available is to adjust the base fuel pressure at idle. I think I ended up at around 56-57psi. Even 55 or 58 would have a dramatic difference in AFRs. It was very miticulous and every quarter turn of that screw made a difference.

If you ever get to this point (I hope not) just let me know.

Like stated above, every vehicle is different and will respond differently to upgrades. Its better to play it safe and get a dyno tune.

dod you have your injectors cleaned and fuel fiter changed? Just for safe measure I will be taking her in just to make sure. What range do I want my AFR to be at?
My car had 41k on it. If the injectors have issues at that mileage something is wrong. Possibly a worn fuel pump but the point is check your A/f before you drive it hard

Well I removed my supercharger to change out the bottom hose. It was in perfect condition. The hose is very high quality and made for high temps. I can't imagine how old this hose would have to be to fail. I'm installing the hard pipe and now I have piece of mind that everything is 100% ok. I'm just curious to how old or bow many miles you would have before that hose failed. From the pictures it looks like a plain hose but its actually very high quality and dual layered

It is a quality hose, plus mine had the wire spring inside also but I changed it anyway.
I'm learning these Nsx guys definitely over maintain their cars. Lol. I'm glad I pulled it so I now know every hose is in perfect condition

im getting ready to install the headers on my car but noticed I dont have cast manifold but some OEM looking tubular header type. Wasnt a 95 exhaust manifold cast? or do 95 have tubular manifold similiar to 97+?

Im wondering if it was changed out or if 95 is tubular?

Well I removed my supercharger to change out the bottom hose. It was in perfect condition. The hose is very high quality and made for high temps. I can't imagine how old this hose would have to be to fail. I'm installing the hard pipe and now I have piece of mind that everything is 100% ok. I'm just curious to how old or bow many miles you would have before that hose failed. From the pictures it looks like a plain hose but its actually very high quality and dual layered

Less than 7 years/20k miles on the supercharger and the hose was starting to split.

How old was your perfect-condition hose in miles/years?

Just found out I already have 97+ headers. Proceeding with header install anyway and can now make money selling theres headers that were on there.
On Jackstands again:
2012-04-25_19-49-48_938.jpg

OEM Rear header (bottom) VS Cantrell Rearheaders (top)....Front headers not shown:
2012-04-25_19-50-02_672.jpg

close up of oem (97+) rear header:
2012-04-25_19-50-07_783.jpg

Close up of rear Cantrell header:
2012-04-25_19-50-21_581.jpg

Less than 7 years/20k miles on the supercharger and the hose was starting to split.

How old was your perfect-condition hose in miles/years?
From what I have been told it was 6 years old and has 12k in mileage. I was surprised that mine was perfect but not I know I wont have an issue for a while.

From what I have been told it was 6 years old and has 12k in mileage. I was surprised that mine was perfect but not I know I wont have an issue for a while.

Mine doesn't look too bad but i don't know if it was ever replaced. It does have a slight surface cut in it though. It's not dried up or anything.

Mike

I finished off the headers today. Seems like it has more punch on the low end but since I had 97+ headers, there wasnt much difference. All I need now for my exhaust portion of my car is test pipes.

Today I finished up front headers
Here is the front beam that needs to come off to access that header.
2012-04-26_14-32-33_522.jpg

Another structural suppport that needs to come off:
2012-04-26_14-32-49_224.jpg

Here is where you remove AC compressor from bracket. Bracket can stay on:
2012-04-26_14-55-41_331.jpg

Nice easy access to remove oem header once its all removed:
2012-04-26_14-55-52_38.jpg

header removed:
2012-04-26_15-18-29_753.jpg

Cantrell headers left, OEM 97+ headers on right:
2012-04-26_15-20-14_730.jpg

Done and waiting for a wash tomorow: