ABS Light

Since Sunday my ABS light has been coming on. It goes off after I turn the car off and stays off until I start going forward, then the light comes back on again. It kind of makes me think it is a speed sensor. I was messing around under the dash, and then the ight started coming on, I think maybe coincidence though. I thought I had a plug disconnected but after reading the manual it is the 6 pin test connector. Everything is connected underneath, I double checked everything again. I did a search on this one and I noticed some stuff about flushing the system, not sure if that is what mine needs though.

Any thought on this one would be appreciated.

Flushing will only help if the light comes on because of a pressure / pump over run situation. If the vss signal was missing, your speedo would be inop.
Do you hear the alb pump run at all and if so, how much?

MB

A dead wheel speed sensor will also throw a TCS light too:), both systems depend on wheel speed.

HTH,
LarryB

NSXTech said:
ZT, How ya been? I'm curious how you came to that conclusion, about the wheel sensor.

MB

Good, been doing good..Just the movement of the vehicle..setting the lamp on...at least from his discription anyway...It is odd that he has no TCS lamp on ..curious to know what code is in memory...

I supose he could be setting a pump overun code and just not noticing the pump run .... :confused:

I'm all curious ....now i'm going to have to drive to New Mexico and see what codes are in there :wink:oh wait ..Mark is way closer than I am ..go get'em Mark :smile:

Last edited:
zahntech said:
Good, been doing good..Just the movement of the vehicle..setting the lamp on...at least from his discription anyway...It is odd that he has no TCS lamp on ..curious to know what code is in memory...

I supose he could be setting a pump overun code and just not noticing the pump run .... :confused:

I'm all curious ....now i'm going to have to drive to New Mexico and see what codes are in there :wink:oh wait ..Mark is way closer than I am ..go get'em Mark :smile:

I do have a TCS light on also, sorry I did not mention that before. It started to seem to me that the TCS light came on any time a MIL light came on.

These codes you mention, are they DTC codes that I can get from the ODBII connector or can they only be retireved by using the test set that connects to the 6 pin ABS test connector?

Thanks for all of the inputs guys.

Jason

No, The OBD!! will not display codes (without the Honda scanner) but you can check them by shorting the 2 p blue service connector. It is right next to the 6p pink connector you already spotted for the alb test tool. The factory alb tool is more than a code checker- it will run the pump, test the solenoids and wheel sensors, etc. The 2p connector will cause the alb mil to flash codes- you should do this test next and post your results.

The reason I did not equate vehicle movement with the alb light is because (I thought) the TCS lamp was off, and because the vehicle motion is the first signal to the alb ecu for sevearl things to happen- without which the light would come on. IOW, vehicle motion is supposed to start a pressure check, and if the pressure was low, and the pump could not run, that would set a light.

In any event, an mil check is certainly in order.

MB

Thanks guys. I will be checking this out, along with all of my connectors, this weekend and will post the results.

Jason

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I jumpered the test connector and it came up with the left front wheel sensor. Now knowing the area to investigate I started checking all of the connectors and found that the pins were not fully in the connector of the left front. When I put a ittle pressure to check they came out. I was able to put the pins back in and everything works fine now. I sure am glad that was an easy fix!!! Thanks for your inputs, you guys are awsome!!!

My psychic powers did not see the connector issue :frown: sorry :wink:

But dang it I just felt a wheel speed sensor problem deep in my soul :wink:

Lookout Ms Cleo!

Back