• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS Pump Repressurization Cycles

So my ABS pump seems to run about 5-10 seconds every 5-6 weeks as I'm driving away from my house. Has anyone else noted how often theirs runs? It seems that mine has worked that way for as long as I've owned the car but its infrequent enough that I haven't paid that close attention. Wondering what "normal" is as I've started noting the interval between repressurizations to predict how much my ABS is deteriorating.

So my ABS pump seems to run about 5-10 seconds every 5-6 weeks as I'm driving away from my house. Has anyone else noted how often theirs runs? It seems that mine has worked that way for as long as I've owned the car but its infrequent enough that I haven't paid that close attention. Wondering what "normal" is as I've started noting the interval between repressurizations to predict how much my ABS is deteriorating.

I think you've got some life left on that interval. "Normal" should be virtually no repressurizations if the system is new and clean. Maybe once or twice a year at most. I upgraded to the 2000+ ABS, but my original plan with my 91 was to wait until it was once per week and then repair or replace.

Exercise the ABS and it may help lengthen the time between pump cycles. The pressure is dropping for a reason. Probably a solenoid valve that isn’t sealing as well as it could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back