• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

#AcuraNSXOnTour

^^

That's a great photo. From some angles the car looks a little stubby, but it looks really sleek here. I wish they could have kept the production car's interior looking a bit more like the concept car's. Can't wait to get a chance to see the car up close hopefully not too long from now.

Are you really saying that you believe Honda is wasting their time and money on such a poorly conceived marketing attempt, rather than concentrating on developing the car?
Yes for the "attempt". For "poorly", YMMV, obviously it's working quite well since you are adding to the buzz by talking about it. If it was so poorly conceived, no one would talk about it.

How about word from Acura?
How about all these posts about a simple twitter hashtag ? Try and think one step further...

when they paint the front that's not the same color as the car it will change the look for the good. remember how the TL's and newer models came out no one liked the nasty front ends because they were not the same color same thing

- - - Updated - - -

do they tour Florida I don't have facebook anymore

Most recent official photo by Acura.
This is one of the state rest stops on on US Highway 287 which goes between DWF and Amarillo.
What I'm wondering now is, did the continue west on I40 to go to SoCal, or did they head further north into Colorado?

View attachment 125813
They aren't going to CA yet. They are going north from there.

Most recent official photo by Acura.
This is one of the state rest stops on on US Highway 287 which goes between DWF and Amarillo.
What I'm wondering now is, did the continue west on I40 to go to SoCal, or did they head further north into Colorado?

View attachment 125813
I love this photo. "Watch for Rattlesnakes" haha!

I can find nothing about any potential stops they might be making here in Colorado. :(
(I wonder if they're not stopping, but rather are just going through the mountains as part of the shakedown.)

Talked to a friend who was able to put a down payment on the new NSX. The dealer told him that there will be one in Las Vegas on 7/25.
Seems like the timing is right if they are slated to be in SLC on 7/20.
Cheers

Apparently there is some private event at Honda's R&D center in Mountain View, CA a week from today... (7/23)

Talked to a friend who was able to put a down payment on the new NSX. The dealer told him that there will be one in Las Vegas on 7/25.
Seems like the timing is right if they are slated to be in SLC on 7/20.
Cheers
Seems about right. Vegas is a half day drive from SLC. I wonder what they'll be doing here during that time? If only there were a large track to spend a few days at...

Yes for the "attempt". For "poorly", YMMV, obviously it's working quite well since you are adding to the buzz by talking about it. If it was so poorly conceived, no one would talk about it.

How about all these posts about a simple twitter hashtag ? Try and think one step further...

Wow, either you are too stupid to realize you are wrong, or too arrogant to admit it. There is no argument that this whole hashtag thing is a means of marketing the car and trying to raise awareness of it. The question was, why is there no pre-announced route, or invitation for potential customers to check out the car. Why does this seem so low-key and almost random. Most on this board seems to think that this is some new-wave, ultra-hip way of marketing since apparently the opinion of random strangers is more important than that of potential customers. I instead theorized that the reason no route was announced was because the cars were undergoing testing and therefore it would be difficult to keep to any pre-planned route.

And this was the reaction:

If it were solely about working out bugs then they wouldn't have started this whole #AcuraNSXOnTour thing. It's clearly more of a marketing exercise

I'm sorry but you are so wrong.... This is absolutely first and foremost a marketing event and SECONDLY a mechanical review (two birds, one stone).

It would benefit you to stop being so myopic. Every public appearance of this car, scheduled or not, planned or not, has everything to do with marketing the brand.

Lol. You're coming across as really naive and idealistic.

So, now that Acura has basically stated that the cars are indeed undergoing final evaluation, and essentially supported my original theory, there has been a curious silence from the above. Of course, I didn't expect any admissions of being wrong, nor any appologies since that requires a level of basic decency that seems to be beyond them. But now, you still seem to think that you are still correct, which I find absolutely mind-boggling.

And as far as discussing the topic, this is an NSX board, and this is the section on the 2nd gen NSX. Of course we are going to discuss it, we dissect and discuss any scrap of information pertaining to this car. How that supports your argument is a mystery to me.

Wow, either you are too stupid to realize you are wrong, or too arrogant to admit it. There is no argument that this whole hashtag thing is a means of marketing the car and trying to raise awareness of it. The question was, why is there no pre-announced route, or invitation for potential customers to check out the car. Why does this seem so low-key and almost random. Most on this board seems to think that this is some new-wave, ultra-hip way of marketing since apparently the opinion of random strangers is more important than that of potential customers. I instead theorized that the reason no route was announced was because the cars were undergoing testing and therefore it would be difficult to keep to any pre-planned route.

And this was the reaction:

So, now that Acura has basically stated that the cars are indeed undergoing final evaluation, and essentially supported my original theory, there has been a curious silence from the above. Of course, I didn't expect any admissions of being wrong, nor any appologies since that requires a level of basic decency that seems to be beyond them. But now, you still seem to think that you are still correct, which I find absolutely mind-boggling.

And as far as discussing the topic, this is an NSX board, and this is the section on the 2nd gen NSX. Of course we are going to discuss it, we dissect and discuss any scrap of information pertaining to this car. How that supports your argument is a mystery to me.

All I can say is... You are somethin' else.

Let's just remind everyone about the nonsense you spewed through your keyboard

You still don't get it. Marketing is useless unless there is a product to market. At this time, there is no product.

I'm sorry you received such overwhelming negative responses towards your quest for acknowledgement and accreditation. Theres usually a reason for that but I'll leave it to you to come up with an excuse in your head as to why its us and not you.

Last edited:
Sorry to burst your bubbles....

I'm one of the owners. And we were standing in the shade. After waiting over an hour for them to leave for the next stop.

As for finding the Location, it was work of a few people (myself included) with too much time on their hands stalking one of the drivers Ig account. And knew enough Acura mechanics to recognize the location. I wish it was pre planned because I spent way too much time trying to figure it out.

Did you manage to take any pictures? If so please share them! Thus far nobody has posted a good picture of the interior or engine bay.

Also it's clear that some people are actually being invited to see the car. One of the picture posters even thanks someone for "the invite" in his instagram post. None of the invited people appear to be super interested in the NSX since they typically post more pictures of the cool looking food and mixed drinks they ate that same day. It's as if the their NSX pictures are but another small piece (among many) of social proof as to how awesome and interesting their life is.

- - - Updated - - -

Another picture of the interior that I found. Here you can see that the lower spokes of the steering wheel definitely looks like carbon fiber.

Also the shape of the air bag module has been totally changed. Looks similar to R8 steering wheel.

11378952_507571369406223_1861086134_n.jpg

Chill out dude, you are almost frothing at the mouth here. If i was the marketing guy behind this i'd have a good chuckle right now. I'll ignore the insults but please, have a beer first and then come back.

Why does this seem so low-key and almost random. Most on this board seems to think that this is some new-wave, ultra-hip way of marketing since apparently the opinion of random strangers is more important than that of potential customers.
You put the finger on it, but still dont realize what you just touched here. You just gave the very definition of a proper grass roots campaign. In the IT world there are some real artists in this domain (thinking of Microsoft and Apple there) who have reach a level of mastery over the social network echo box that is beyond belief.

All this childish over-analyzing and bickering is laughable! Just enjoy the car and if you happen to see it in person -- BINGO!

A few of us found them in CO today. They left this morning though.

Did you manage to take any pictures? If so please share them! Thus far nobody has posted a good picture of the interior or engine bay

I only took a handful. They wouldn't show us the engine bay.

One of the local primers took this one of the interior. That's my leg in the picture. The steering wheel does feel like an r8, the seats have high bolsters

mKxet1l.jpg

I only took a handful. They wouldn't show us the engine bay.

One of the local primers took this one of the interior. That's my leg in the picture. The steering wheel does feel like an r8, the seats have high bolsters

How was the view from the seat? Comparable to our cars?

How was the view from the seat? Comparable to our cars?

I think its comparable. Not as much 'open cockpit' like ours. I'm about 5'10 and i sit at about an 110 degree seat angle.

SCOflEV.jpg

Steering wheel looks good with carbon fiber. Wish the thumb detentes were a bit more pronounced. But definitely better than the earlier versions that were shown with the silver plastic trim. The controls on the wheel looks like they're identical to other recent Acuras. I could probably live with that.

Back