• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

#AcuraNSXOnTour

For those who have seen them for real how's the exhaust note in person ?
Not sure if you're on Facebook, but someone took a video from the last location of the car taking off. It was kind of funny because it seems the launch control was acting up on the 1st car but the 2nd car sound pretty good. Not abnoxious loud but it's got a nice tone and a nice quick POP when upshifting.

It sounds pretty decent from here but then again so many things can influence sound... your phone, your computer speakers, your earphones, the recording device.. etc.

Tried it on my laptop. Sounded a bit better there. YouTube recordings seldom do justice to car sounds. I'm sure it'll sound better in person.

Tried it on my laptop. Sounded a bit better there. YouTube recordings seldom do justice to car sounds. I'm sure it'll sound better in person.
I'm crossing my fingers, but also prepared to be disappointed once I see/hear it in person :(

I can say for sure, the NSX concept I saw at the LA Auto Show was super impressive in person. Probably equal or more impressive to see than the FT1 Supra concept which looks amazing in pictures but maybe not any better in person.

Seeing the car out in the wild made me realize just how low that front lip really is. Does anyone know if the car will have a front lift function?

Yea it's pretty low... they had difficulty pulling out onto the street.

Also it's clear that some people are actually being invited to see the car. One of the picture posters even thanks someone for "the invite" in his instagram post. None of the invited people appear to be super interested in the NSX since they typically post more pictures of the cool looking food and mixed drinks they ate that same day. It's as if the their NSX pictures are but another small piece (among many) of social proof as to how awesome and interesting their life is.

That is pretty disheartening. Wonder how you get on "the list".

- - - Updated - - -

Dang! That's a Thu. Hmmmm might have to take the NSX to work and do a half day haha

Just a rumor at this point. I'll post if I hear anything more.

I here some electric motor noise in there as well ......neat.

Yeah that's why i was asking for people who saw it in person. Does it sound really exotic, because on videos it sounds not really good at all...

Maybe that's just something we will have to accept, given the forced induction of the engine. Lots of 458 owners who have now sampled the 488 are complaining as well about what they perceive as the reduction in sound quality, especially from within the cabin. I think anyone who's owned a 1st-gen NSX has been spoiled. The in-cabin sound of the NA1 was something to marvel at.

I only took a handful. They wouldn't show us the engine bay.

One of the local primers took this one of the interior. That's my leg in the picture. The steering wheel does feel like an r8, the seats have high bolsters

Thanks! Those are the clearest looking shots we've seen of the interior yet. The steering wheel is a nice improvement over what was shown in Detroit. Can you confirm that the paddle shifters and other silver pieces in the interior are indeed metal? They look real to me.

In my opinion that's great news that they wouldn't let you see the engine bay. Since everyone has already seen the ugly Rubbermaid engine cover in Detroit, the only reason to hide it is because they're working on a better looking cover prior to the car's final release.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's metal, polished smooth aluminium . But the door handle felt cheap IMO. Maybe it was designed to be light weight.

I've seen a number of posted photos and videos. One thing I've noticed is the white R8 & Porsche that always seem to find their way into the photos. Are those cars going along the tour as support/comparison vehicles or merely there by chance (doubt it)?

I've seen a number of posted photos and videos. One thing I've noticed is the white R8 & Porsche that always seem to find their way into the photos. Are those cars going along the tour as support/comparison vehicles or merely there by chance (doubt it)?

Amateur Stalkers. Wealthy Amateur Stalkers.

Amateur Stalkers. Wealthy Amateur Stalkers.

With comments like this I don't see how anyone could claim the tour is anything but a marketing success. This is the exact image they want to capture and communicate-- i.e. "wealthy people who who own R8's and 911's are stalking the new NSX." Can you get any better than that?!

Whether each stalker is truly organic and independent is irrelevant. Such a distinction is murky anyway since Acura is influencing the outcome by selectively choosing where to go, who to invite, and leaving clues on-line. Even boostedtaco who says he found the location on his own used the clues provided on Instagram.

Good job Acura!

Last edited:
I haven't seen a lot of interior shots other than this one, the carbon fiber on the steering wheel is a nice touch but would've preferred to have alcantara inserts. Other than the CF on the wheel, nothing else jumps out at me as exotic in terms of the fit and finish....

Wouldn't get too hung up on the exhaust note as I'm sure some high-priced alternatives from company such as Akrapovic become available in a matter of months. Plus, you can expect too much from a V-6.

Yeah, not so much concerned about the exhaust note as I am about the engine note. Akrapovic or Eisenmann will surely come to the rescue. But I really loved the way my old NSXs sounded from inside the cabin even though I knew that when the cars were still stock they didn't sound all that great from the outside (a Spoon exhaust on one and a Backyard Special on the other would solve that subsequently). Let's hope Acura engineers didn't overlook this small but important attribute.

The R8 and 911 are part of the tour as well as a couple of MDXs. I'm sure the sports cars are for day to day livability comparison on long road trips. I saw one of the drivers putting a duffel bag in the frunk of the 911 before they departed.

Back