• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ages of NSX owners

34 now, 31 when I bought mine. Missed my goal by one year of owning one before 30! It was a long wait! Should have pulled the trigger earlier but lack of garage space and little time to drive it.

I need to drive it now more! Only 2100 in 3 years. Don't see getting rid of it, just need to make time to drive it more.

Quarter century here. I love being single, salaried and few responsibilities! I'm surprised at how composed this thread has remained given the topic :biggrin:

#2 is for sale, thinking about picking up a #3. It may not be the quickest car for the money but it is the sexiest thing on 4 wheels and does everything else very well (besides the interior acoustics). :tongue:

Last edited:
Quarter century here. I love being single, salaried and few responsibilities! I'm surprised at how composed this thread has remained given the topic :biggrin:

#2 is for sale, thinking about picking up a #3. It may not be the quickest car for the money but it is the sexiest thing on 4 wheels and does everything else very well (besides the interior acoustics). :tongue:

Being single is great. The way I see it is if I was not I would have 2 kids not 2 NSX's and I would be fat ugly and bald. I just looked around at all the guys I work with that have kids and they look 2 times there age and drive minivans or the D-bag BMW that every one has. I like BMW's but ever one has one and its just like a civic now.

....I just looked around at all the guys I work with that have kids and they look 2 times there age and drive minivans or the D-bag BMW that every one has. I like BMW's but ever one has one and its just like a civic now.

Or you can do all those things and still have kids .. :cool: .. and TOYS!

DSC03488.jpg

NOTHING comes close to a child of yours, I think, is hard to explain, someday you'll have one and understand ... yet I agree, you can never lose who you are just b/c you have kids ...

Oscar

Being single is great. The way I see it is if I was not I would have 2 kids not 2 NSX's and I would be fat ugly and bald. I just looked around at all the guys I work with that have kids and they look 2 times there age and drive minivans or the D-bag BMW that every one has. I like BMW's but ever one has one and its just like a civic now.

The number of BMWs on the road here is so high that they are just as common as a Honda. A car pulled up next to me this morning on my way to work and I said "hmm what's that?" and turned my head. "Oh, just a bmw."
It is like the BMW 3 series is the Accord for people with too much money. :cool:

I have 1 kid and bought my NSX about the time he turned 2. If people's wives are stopping them from getting their dream car then either 1) They can't afford it or 2) They married the wrong person. :biggrin:

While being single has its advantages, being married certainly does too. I can't even tell you the last time I cleaned a bathroom :wink:

I think maybe the age question in this thread should say "How old were you when your NSX was paid for?" rather than "how young were you when you managed to convince the bank to loan you money to buy this car?" :biggrin:

Oh, believe me I can understand. I am tired of doing the dishes and cooking crappy man meals :(

"how young were you when you managed to convince the bank to loan you money to buy this car?" :biggrin:

Wouldn't know, paid cash for both of mine. My cash. :smile:

Last edited:
47, owned for 2 Mo.1 NSX, 4 kids (ages 9-25), 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 wife (very understanding) some things are better with age. I'm happy I have them all. It's one incredible car, that came with a fair number of mods (shocks, breaks, exhaust & headers, short shifter, sway bars), and then Ben at Daisy Import Auto (an NSX Master) cleaned her up and made her like new. :smile:

46 w/ 3 awesome sons 26, 24 & 14.

10 years as an enlisted Marine, the next 20 working my way through the pet products company that I assumed command of in 2002. Life's weird...

BBSC, 6spd, 4.55 RP, RPS stg 1, Taitec headers, CT exh, WW kit, Brembo Indy kit, V1 + Blinder.

Chrome wheels. There, I profiled myself completely. :eek:

i'm 26 and bought mine when i was 21

Bought mine when I spotted it at a car show 18 years ago. I was 43 at the time and was trading up from a 1978 911SC Porsche which I had originally purchased and took delivery from the factory in Stuttgart.
No hassles from my wife who rationalized that it was the best option to satisfy a mid-life crisis...besides she then got the Porsche targa.

33. Got it in November after spending the previous 7 years living abroad without a car. Considered it a welcome home present. Problem is now I can't keep myself out of this damn thing.:biggrin:

40 ish. No liens, no loans, no lease and title in hand on all 4 vehicles.

Interesting that such a comment is needed. Makes me wonder how often something as frivolous as an NSX is bought on loan/lease. I've always thought "don't finance a depreciating asset" was financial common sense.

Back