• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AIS Cantrell Concepts

Hi, already did a search on this but couldn't find any answers.

Got my AIS Cantrells from SOS and started working on my car this afternoon :smile: . Everything went well until I tried to fit the small opening of the Cantrell to seat in the rubber boot. It just won't seat at all :frown: . the opening is too small (unlike the opeing of the OEM intake tube) to fit snugly on to the inner walls of the rubber boot :mad: .

Any info on how to fit it snugly is highly appreciated. Thx

I have done this install also. It will fit into the rubber boot. If I remember correctly you have to try to get one edge in and stretch the boot around it. It took some time but I did get it on.

Here is some pic. Got the items from SOS recently. The black rubber boot is OEM. Notice how small the opeing of the Cantrell is to fit in the rubber boot. Shall I use double sided foam tapes to do this?

Also, notice the lack of Cantrell's sticker on my AIS. Do they always come like this? I noticed that every Cantrell AIS pics that I have seen has that Cantrell sticker attached to it.

I also ordered the replacement Uni Filter foam element. And it only comes with the oil. Shouldn't it come with the cleaner as well?

Any info on this is highly appreciated

Regards

Attachments

• Cantrell AIS.JPG
    Cantrell AIS.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Not sure if this will help but here are my install pictures.

Last edited:
Thanks NSX 3.0. This is what puzzles me. Your Cantrell seems to fit into the rubber boot snugly. Mine just cannot fit because the small opening of the Cantrell is too small (as shown in the above pic). Could there be some kind of a manufacture defect in my Cantrell? Chris SOS, can you confirm?

Supercar said:
Thanks NSX 3.0. This is what puzzles me. Your Cantrell seems to fit into the rubber boot snugly. Mine just cannot fit because the small opening of the Cantrell is too small (as shown in the above pic). Could there be some kind of a manufacture defect in my Cantrell? Chris SOS, can you confirm?

From the photos, I think you were suppose to fit the Cantrell into the rubber boot, no the other way around.. :confused:

Yep, did just that. Can anybody please provide the circumference of their Cantrell's small opening and the circumference of the rubber boot? Just for comparison purposes....

Thx.

I just did this install. Everyone's right, it will fit. It does require a little patience though.

I loosened the 2 brackets on the intake piece. I fitted the top piece that fits into the rubber first. *I DABBED A LITTLE LITHIUM GREASE (WHITE) TO AID WITH THE FITMENT INTO THE INSIDE EDGE OF THE RUBBER OPENING. I found this be really helpful. I then fastened the top bracket but didn't tightened 'till I got the bottom bracket aligned.

Hope this helps.

Simon

Just to clear things up. My problem is that the opeing of my Cantrell is SMALLER than the opening of the rubber boot i.e. rubber boot opening > opening of cantrell. Hence, it is a LOOSE fit.... However, I have done the install using double sided foam tapes wrapped TWICE around the opening of the Cantrell so that it can fit snugly into the rubber boot. Although it's not perfect, it works. However, it does not give me peace of mind thinking when the tape will fall, is there a hole gaping between the Cantrell and the rubber boot,etc, etc.... That is why I am asking you all (for the circumference of your Cantrells and rubber boots) to see if there is any manufacturer's defect and the possibility that mine could be replaced by the dealer...

Thanks

Back