• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alfa 4C

The exotic choice in the Cayman & Evora segment. Should be able to re-tune to a lot more power as well. I bet the visceral feel & sensory experience will be unmatched.

seems like an italian exige.
this is not a bad thing, the big questions are why no manual gearbox and how reliable is it?
the reliability might be OK given that this is 2013 and cars that are not reliable tend to disappear.
if i was going to plunk down hard earned 55K on a vehicle that might not be reliable i would go with a sting ray.
that way i get a manual tranny and at least i know that SOMEONE will know how to fix it locally.
OTOH when i was in HS in the late sixties, a good friend raced Alfas, and there really is an Alfa feel, it has to do with the paint (which used to fade), and the tranny (which was really slick) and the engine and exhaust sound (better than anything else out there at the time) . he also had a huge alfa romeo decal on the hood which was awesome, and the whole underdog thing (although they were winning their division).
is it enough to buy a new one? ... i would have to drive one. still miss that tranny. i need that stick.alfa.jpg

I like this car a lot. But willabeast is right... its stingray money and that car seems to be the best bang for the buck now. Not with the same style or flare of course.

Curb weight will be MUCH higher in USA version. More like 2600 lbs.
And as you would expect, in this car you can bring one passenger and a toothbrush for each of you, no more.
What makes the NSX's and Cayman's so useful is you can actually carry what you need for a trip (or a golf outing)...

Last edited:
I would guess a carbon tub would cost at least $55k to build unless they have a quicker process than McLaren which I think probably not. maybe its an extruded alum like the elise w/ carbon wrap from SEMA 2013. :biggrin:
Give Alfa big prop for coming out with a decent sports car in a long time with proper layout.

Lots of nice curves but I like the Exige w/ cleaner lines. 4 cyl. turbo/SC are cool but not sexy for a sports car. Our V6 barely makes the HP war.

No manual???
:biggrin: what was Giuseppe thinking?.....what a crying shame.

>Curb weight will be MUCH higher is USA version. More like 2600 lbs.
>And as you would expect, in this car you can bring one passenger and a toothbrush for each of you, no more.
McLaren MP4 weights that much with a big V8 and a carbon tub....something is fishy here. From 1900lbs -> 2600lbs is a lot of weight. What could they be adding that much weight? No trunk space kinda sucks sometimes.

Chris Harris Testing The 4C

Last edited:
Sonic, one of our UK NSX forum members will have one of these in the near future....

Alfa's new baby supercar is being launched, and is 'to spearhead Alfa Romeo's revival back into North America'.

Just wondered what you guys think of it as you are their biggest target market?

Only weighs 1973lb dry, carbon tub, 240hp. I think it look's stunning! Would i swap the NSX for one? Not a chance! :biggrin:

View attachment 102110View attachment 102111View attachment 102112

... <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KnuNv77rB0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Potential competitors...

- Evora/Exige
- Boxster/Cayman
- SLK
- Z4

Seems like it should be able to ease into that market-segment. Though I can see the as-spec'd price creep up significantly beyond "$55k"... :eek:

And there is no stick....

what happened to the stick man.... what happened... they kidnapped my favorite item on a car and replaced it with a vagina.

And there is no stick....

what happened to the stick man.... what happened... they kidnapped my favorite item on a car and replaced it with a vagina.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh where to begin...........:tongue:

Back