• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ALMS Lime Rock - Photos

171526062-L.jpg

171522776-L.jpg

171524249-L.jpg

171523699-L.jpg

171520758-L.jpg

171521243-L.jpg

171523356-L.jpg

171517664-L.jpg

171376063-L.jpg

171519324-L.jpg

171685024-L.jpg

171685795-L.jpg

171686557-L.jpg

171690377-L.jpg

Last edited:
First, I want to thank Peter Mills, Barry Lastanza, Acura/American Honda, IMSA, Larry Hayes, Highcroft Racing, Michelin, and ALMS for making this whole thing possible. I had a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity to be in the pits for 1.5-2 hrs. The day was great, the weather was great, fantastic other owners, great cars all over!!

Second, I am no RSO, Tony D, or winreboot when it comes to photography or cameras. I have a Canon S3 IS which I got a week before this and a lot of my pictures are crappy since I don't know how to use the camera or what the hell I'm doing. I have posted some of the less sucky ones here. I have a bunch more, but I'm supposedly limited to 10megs & I think I'm over already. I will try to add more & see if I hit a limit. If there are any you want emailed, just pm me.

This day was priceless & would have been a bargain at twice the price. If any of you are thinking of going to one of these---> DO IT!!!

Tony F

Congrats on winning the hot pits tour Tony. Keep practicing with the camera. That is an excellent point and shoot camera and there is no cost in shooting a lot of photos unless you actually print up a bunch so keep practicing. Check your settings on the camera because there appears to be a lot of "noise" in at least one of the photos indicating your ISO setting is too high for the sunny conditions. This shot shows the "noise" the most:
http://webpages.charter.net/tonflo1/IMG_0284.JPG

Thanks RSO. I know, I had the camera set on "sport" for most of the pit pics & a lot of the track pics taken from the fence by the chicane. This raises the speed & I figured was the only way to get a pic of cars zipping by. On the camera LCD, these looked good. However, once I got home & looked, the noise is obvious on the monitor. You don't want to know how many pics I took of the guard rails on the other side of the track because the car had already zipped by. There is a setting for locking the iso, I may try that next time. Also, there is a way to set the image stabilization to allow horizontal panning and a burst mode. I just haven't had the time to figure all this stuff out & the advanced camera manual is very thick.

I do have some good photos taken on "auto". I'm not sure when I will hit my web page limit since it's only 10MB. Got a really good one of Mika Salo.

For a while Larry (IMSA dude w/ curly hair) let me go behind the guard rail that is right along the grass on the front straight. Maybe 40 ft of grass separating me from the track edge. The ground, the guard rail, and your body shake when those cars go by. It is amazing, like Godzilla is coming to kick some ass!!! I have some pit stop pics which came out well, but all you can see is a little bit of car surrounded by bodies. There were also a Tony D & Larry B sighting on the other side of the pit fence. Tony got some good pics of me in the driving suit provided by Acura. So I have proof i was really there (Larry from IMSA took pics of me too, but they all have noise. Damn you, sport setting)

Congrats on winning the hot pits tour Tony. Keep practicing with the camera. That is an excellent point and shoot camera and there is no cost in shooting a lot of photos unless you actually print up a bunch so keep practicing. Check your settings on the camera because there appears to be a lot of "noise" in at least one of the photos indicating your ISO setting is too high for the sunny conditions. This shot shows the "noise" the most:
http://webpages.charter.net/tonflo1/IMG_0284.JPG

First, I want to thank Peter Mills, Barry Lastanza, Acura/American Honda, IMSA, Larry Hayes, Highcroft Racing, Michelin, and ALMS for making this whole thing possible. I had a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity to be in the pits for 1.5-2 hrs. The day was great, the weather was great, fantastic other owners, great cars all over!!

Second, I am no RSO, Tony D, or winreboot when it comes to photography or cameras. I have a Canon S3 IS which I got a week before this and a lot of my pictures are crappy since I don't know how to use the camera or what the hell I'm doing. I have posted some of the less sucky ones here. I have a bunch more, but I'm supposedly limited to 10megs & I think I'm over already. I will try to add more & see if I hit a limit. If there are any you want emailed, just pm me.

This day was priceless & would have been a bargain at twice the price. If any of you are thinking of going to one of these---> DO IT!!!

Tony F

Tony,

I'm glad your name was pulled (when I wasn't around for the drawing) and that you enjoyed the day on the "pit crew". I was over on the hill with three of my grandkids (plus wife, daughter, and son-in-law) during the drawing and I found out later (from Larry) that I missed the opportunity. No problem... my back probably wouldn't have held up for the 2 + hours anyway... and, I would have had to miss hangin' with my 2 1/2 grandson around the track (he was in awe!!).

Anyway, glad the selection went to someone that really enjoyed it!!

-Wick (Roy Wicklund)

Back