• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aluminum racing jack $79

jacking points question

the link below was the result of my search for jacking points..When I look at the car, I clearly see the little arrows directing you just front and back of the wheels as is with any Acura...my question is, within this WIKI link, it talks about a central jacking point...is this fairly obvious to see when jacking car, I hadn't noticed it prior ....also, is there a spot to jack up the entire rear end of car...(I think I saw a large area of frame, possibly motor mount?..just to the driver side of center?) I am apprehensive with this fram to just find a spot and start jacking....lastly, is there one in the front where the entire front end can be jacked up -both sides at same time by placing jack centrally?..thanks guys...

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Jack_up_the_Car

it talks about a central jacking point...is this fairly obvious to see when jacking car, I hadn't noticed it prior ....
Yes. Just look underneath the car and you'll see the metal jacking point sticking down, as noted in the illustration. It's just forward of the rear edge of the door.

Jacking Points

Ah yes....saw it last night....I finally got under there while changing oil and tranny fluid...(which was a bit of an interesting process for a non-mechanical guy like me)...I feel sheepish for posting the question originally, as it is quite obvious once you get under there....I'm still a bit hesitant to give it a try, as that seems like an awful lot of weight for one point on the car, but it appears its designed for this....will be nice for detailing the rocker panels and wheel well suspension components. (gets things at a higher-nicer height to work on.

By the way, is there a single spot in the back that can be used to get both rear wheels off the ground at once? I am thinking of changing my exhaust....I have the Taitec GT006 which sounds good and powerful, but another primer suggested adding "tubes" (??) to get rid of drone...so if I do this, it might be useful to get entire back end jacked up. I am also considering the Angus exhaust if I could get a decent price for the Taitec, should I decide to sell it. I think I would try this tube option first.

...for that matter, is there a single jack point in front end ? lastly, once I have it jacked up, where do you reccommend I place jack stands? the suspension, as great looking as it is, seems too frail to put a jack stand under any point near the wheel....or just use the mentioned jack points with the little arrows on the rocker panels as the spot?

I'm still a bit hesitant to give it a try, as that seems like an awful lot of weight for one point on the car, but it appears its designed for this....
Yes, it's indeed designed for this. I've used mine all the time for tire swaps, so that I can jack the car up once and change both tires on that side. The NSX is amazingly rigid, and this is one way you can see it for yourself.

I don't know the answer to your question about front or rear jacking points; hopefully someone else here does.

Back