• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Am I the longest running member without an NSX?

Had this thought yesterday.... am I the longest running member of NSXprime that does NOT yet have an NSX?!! Does that make me the ultimate wannabe fanboy? :confused:

:biggrin:

Had this thought yesterday.... am I the longest running member of NSXprime that does NOT yet have an NSX?!! Does that make me the ultimate wannabe fanboy? :confused:

Heh... maybe, but looking at your profile, I have been lusting about as long as you. I just didn't join the forum until it was "almost time"... lurk lurk

I have been a member of NSXprime for longer than anyone else here except one person. He still has an NSX; I no longer do. Therefore, I am the longest running member without an NSX. :biggrin:

Of course, I am not the longest running member who has never owned an NSX. And I'm sure that's what you meant. You joined NSXprime only two months after I did, so if anyone else has you beat, it's not by much.

Last edited:
No NSX or ITR? What are you driving now?

I have been a member of NSXprime for longer than anyone else here except one person. He still has an NSX; I no longer do. Therefore, I am the longest running member without an NSX. :biggrin:

Of course, I am not the longest running member who has never owned an NSX. And I'm sure that's what you meant.

Heh... maybe, but looking at your profile, I have been lusting about as long as you. I just didn't join the forum until it was "almost time"... lurk lurk

I was the same way, I lurked for years since 2000 or so, just didn't join until I was close to pulling the trigger...been a long time and a lot of time on Prime.

I was a lurker on NSX prime since about 2000 but joined in 2002. Didn't buy a NSX until 2011. So I was on this forums for over a decade before I bought one.

Last edited:
I'm fascinated with you OG guys (in a good way). Then again, the NSX is the only car I never really thought about selling. Though never say never, right Ken?

What have you guys seen has been the biggest change around here? Would be interesting to hear your accounts and experiences over the years.

I was a lurker on NSX prime since about 2000 but joined in 2002. Didn't buy a NSX until 2011. So I was on this forums for over a decade before I bought one.
We joined in the same month in 2002. I purchased my first NSX that year, and am about to pick up my second NSX today. :biggrin:

Wow, that is quite a long time to post on a forum without having the pleasure of owning one. That is some serious self control you have.

Once I got bitten with the NSX fever (in 2005), I only lasted a year before I pulled the trigger. Unfortunately I decided to let my first one go, but eventually will be in another.

We joined in the same month in 2002. I purchased my first NSX that year, and am about to pick up my second NSX today. :biggrin:

Congrats!

I'm new to this forum and always loved the NSX. I did not join this forum until the day my NSX was delivered to me. =O) While I did browse the forum, for some reason I was under the impression that I had to own an NSX before you could join. I was way wrong, it's better to be a member 1st, and research everything there is to know about your future purchase.

Insane even for me to realize I've been on here 8 years so far, and was an official owner for a full year plus before that. Man time flies :eek: :redface:

I was lurking on here a few years before I actually joined up, still no NSX...I wouldn't be surprised if I'm in the list of longest running members without having an NSX.

Edit: Says I joined May 08...definitely was looking around here in 04 or 05.

Of course, I am not the longest running member who has never owned an NSX. And I'm sure that's what you meant. You joined NSXprime only two months after I did, so if anyone else has you beat, it's not by much.

Yeah, yours is one name I always remember. Didn't even know you no longer had one. An ITR though eh? I wonder if at some point we actually met in the past 12 years or so... (shrug).

Told my wife the other day that when we get the NSX later this year, we will probably take a trip to Chicagoland because I know you fellas down there have your schitt together.

Yeah, yours is one name I always remember. Didn't even know you no longer had one. An ITR though eh? I wonder if at some point we actually met in the past 12 years or so... (shrug).
I sold the NSX a couple of weeks ago.

Until a couple of years ago, I was instructing at Grattan about once a year (with BMWCCA, and once with the Lotus club), and at GingerMan also (with BMWCCA and CGI).

I have lurked for quite a while before finally becoming a member. Never really posted, I've just been taking everything in and absorbing a ton of information as I lust incessantly over everyones cars. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be anytime soon that I can get an NSX... marriage and starting a family (in the near future) looks like it has dashed the hopes of it being a short-term goal.

But I WILL have one someday. :redface:

Last edited:
I have lurked for quite a while before finally becoming a member. Never really posted, I've just been taking everything in and absorbing a ton of information as I lust incessantly over everyones cars. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be anytime soon that I can get an NSX... marriage and starting a family (in the near future) looks like it has dashed the hopes of it being a short-term goal.

But I WILL have one someday. :redface:

Welcome!!

You don't need to own an NSX to be part of this site, but it sure makes it a lot more fun!! :biggrin:

We had our current house built in 2008 and already want to move further out north of town on 3-5 acres. Wife said no NSX until we move and I have another empty garage for it to live in. We're starting the process of trying to find some land now and hope to put the house on the market next year. The last payment on my Jeep Rubicon is getting real close too.

i think im almost at the one year mark on prime. decided i think may 2011 last year to purchase an nsx; and have been looking ever since; and been on prime constaantly.

im pretty sure that for a non (or have never owned) nsx owner i must have the high post count here on prime!

Back