• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Amazing deal on two new 285 30 19 tires

Let's get some pics up guys and less talkin' haha. This thread is worthless without some installed pics.

I will be getting them put on next week at Source's and I'll post pics!

I ordered them yesterday, and they arrived today!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Dang, this guy REALLY gave you your money's worth in shipping.

I'm running these very same tires right now. I just threw on my other set of rims with these mounted recently.

Note, check for any sort of unusual wear on the inside edge. For some reason unknown to me, my right rear sp9000 285/30/19 wore a pencil width grove about 1/4" from the very inside edge of the tread. It went in pretty deep almost to the belt. It LOOKS like the tire rubbed on my coilover (Tein RE) but I couldn't see where and there was no unusual wear anywhere inside the wheel well. So I had the tires flipped (Left tire mounted right rim and vice versa) and there has been no unusual wear. I've even ran a different set of rear tires on different rims with nothing unusual. Maybe I got one goofy tire?

Dang, this guy REALLY gave you your money's worth in shipping.

I'm running these very same tires right now. I just threw on my other set of rims with these mounted recently.

Note, check for any sort of unusual wear on the inside edge. For some reason unknown to me, my right rear sp9000 285/30/19 wore a pencil width grove about 1/4" from the very inside edge of the tread. It went in pretty deep almost to the belt. It LOOKS like the tire rubbed on my coilover (Tein RE) but I couldn't see where and there was no unusual wear anywhere inside the wheel well. So I had the tires flipped (Left tire mounted right rim and vice versa) and there has been no unusual wear. I've even ran a different set of rear tires on different rims with nothing unusual. Maybe I got one goofy tire?

Eeeek!! glad that didnt turn out bad. Sounds like a goofy tire for sure. I 30 dollar shipping for 2 tires and getting them within a day, I am definetly pleased! I forgot how big these tires are by themselves LOL

Actually I have sent multiple messages to this vendor , and recieved no response , makes me leery about sending him money.

Actually I have sent multiple messages to this vendor , and recieved no response , makes me leery about sending him money.

Wow really> I sent him one email, and he responded back quickly. Paid with the credit card so I had some protection.

Eeeek!! glad that didnt turn out bad. Sounds like a goofy tire for sure. I 30 dollar shipping for 2 tires and getting them within a day, I am definetly pleased! I forgot how big these tires are by themselves LOL

30 bucks, that's killer! I pay $40-$50 for two tires through most online sites!

Yeah, ain't it just cool how HUGE they look OFF THE CAR? lol

Got mine today, that was fast!!!!:biggrin:

9ff664ba.jpg

8c852ba2.jpg

c66083b5.jpg

0f6352ba.jpg

Last edited:
well I have bought three sets of tires from him so far , different sizes , have yet to hear a response from him and wonder if I will recieve them???

well I have bought three sets of tires from him so far , different sizes , have yet to hear a response from him and wonder if I will recieve them???

I'd hope so, he's got a great transaction record. I got my tires on, and I LOVE THEM!

what the heck are you guys running on your fronts? The dunlops don't come in a 215-235/30-40 r18

I'm probably going to buy 4 for myself, but need something similar for my 18's up front

FeetFxr: again, good find!

Dont need to have matching front tires.

I've got some sort of Yokohama in either 200 or 220 treadwear fronts. Fine match for me.

Last edited:
what the heck are you guys running on your fronts? The dunlops don't come in a 215-235/30-40 r18

I'm probably going to buy 4 for myself, but need something similar for my 18's up front

FeetFxr: again, good find!

I'm glad this has been such a great deal for others.

I would send this guy an email and ask if he has or can get the size you need. Obviously, he has access to lots of tires at unbelievable prices. It's worth a try.

for those who have bought the Dunlops are you running a different tire in the front? I thought it was considered bad to have different brand tires on the car instead of the same all around.

I'm glad this has been such a great deal for others.

I would send this guy an email and ask if he has or can get the size you need. Obviously, he has access to lots of tires at unbelievable prices. It's worth a try.

Already did that last week, here's the quotes...

Him:
"SORRY I DON'T HAVE THEM"

Me:
any close variations?

Him:
"RIGHT NOW I HAVE EVERYTHING ON EBAY."

obviously this doesn't work well... I think I'll deal with the different brands for front/rear

Is the sport 9000 discontinued:confused: that may be why so cheap.:smile:

You'll be ok with front not matching rear. Just get something in the same category and similiar wear ratings etc.

Ended up getting 225 Eagle F1's for the front, they're fairly close. I figured unmatched tires wouldn't be a big deal since we run such a drastic size difference on our cars. Oddly enough the much smaller F1's were $75 more! It's a popular tire I guess...

Today I found Dunlop DID sell these in 225/35r18:
http://www.performanceplustire.com/...rID/17/productID/228/tireSize/225_SLASH_35-18

Is the sport 9000 discontinued:confused: that may be why so cheap.:smile:

Yes, it is discontinued, tirerack has them all on "closeout' and 1010tires.com has them marked as discontinued.

My tires arrived without drama and right on schedule. Very nice. Now will they fit?

My wheels are 19X9.5 so should fit right? My old tires were 265

Is there a major difference between 275s and 285s? I messaged the guy, but he doesnt have any 275!

I'm running the HP Hyperevos in 18/19s

285 will be both wider AND taller.

The difference is something like this (using a Bridgestone RE050 as an example):
285/30/19 is 26.0" tall and 11.3" wide
275/30/19 is 25.5" tall and 10.7" wide
265/30/19 is 25.4" tall and 10.6" wide

The difference *could* affect your TCS, but it probably won't.

Back