• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

An uplifting experience

Just thought I'd share some pictures of my latest project. I've installed a two post lift in my garage and lifted the NSX for the first time yesterday. What a great thing to have. I've tested it with my 5,800lbs Tahoe and it did not even moan. The NSX is like a walk in the park. Garage is a work in progress.

Updated picture. It's working out very well.

Attachments

• Police Chase 2010 097-1.jpg
    Police Chase 2010 097-1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 114
Updated picture. It's working out very well.

now its time to do the floors! :biggrin: Looks great I want a lift so bad...

Can't live without them!

Attachments

• G1.jpg
    G1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 81
  • G2.jpg
    G2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 81
  • G3.jpg
    G3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Your setup looks great. What kind of lifts are those and how wide does your garage have to be to accomodate 2 lifts? Can you fit a SUV underneath? Thanks.

These lifts are no longer made. They were made by a steel company in Los Angeles -- the company's owner wanted some so he got in the business for a time.

Mine are not two lifts -- it is one lift (six legs) with two car platforms. The two platforms operate independently.

These lifts are completely adjustable in width (7 ft to 10 ft between legs side to side -- mine are 9') and will lift high enough to put an SUV underneath if you have the ceiling height. I had mine set high enough that I could walk under them without ducking my head (6'4")... they can go up another 9" if there is enough ceiling height.

I chose them because they are made of really meaty steel beams (1/4" thick) -- not simple rolled steal -- and are three times the weight of the average lift. After all, I DO live in earthquake country!

Last edited:
That's really cool. One contiguous lift as opposed to two separate ones seems like a real space saver. I wonder if some other company still makes something like that. And can't go wrong with the extra strength.

Back