• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another 2+2 front engine competitor to next gen NSX - from Ferrari

This time Ferrari is going after the 2+2 lower priced (for them) front engine GT market. They are expecting to sell 4,000+ / year and I don't doubt it.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080304/FREE/452036069/1528/newsletter01

Competition is getting stiff and global fuel regulations will insure a pretty short run IMO of a V10 supercar.

I drink as much Honda coolaid as anyone but having doubts if they will ever get a product out and if it will be crowded out of the market if they do.

This time Ferrari is going after the 2+2 lower priced (for them) front engine GT market. They are expecting to sell 4,000+ / year and I don't doubt it.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080304/FREE/452036069/1528/newsletter01

Competition is getting stiff and global fuel regulations will insure a pretty short run IMO of a V10 supercar.

I drink as much Honda coolaid as anyone but having doubts if they will ever get a product out and if it will be crowded out of the market if they do.

100% agree. I love my NSX and will keep it for a long time. I Was,, WAS waiting and waiting for something new....I've pretty much thrown in the towel on this one. When they do, if they do, come out with something, there's going to be lots of choices in the same price point...

Its Honda

its a Maserati?, with a different badge...this has been going on for years.....powerplants in the Maserati's have been detuned Ferrari's...for the most part from what I remember...

How about a mid-engine sporting a 3.0 liter v8 sporting 360 horsepower. The concept would be in line with the Ferrari 308 and 328 with updated powerplant. Lightweight and easy to drive being the predominate focus of this car.

Oh what the heck am I thinking. That isn't Ferrari. It may be Honda and it may be Lotus, but not Ferrari.

I guess that would be what I want for the next NSX. 3 liter fuel efficent V8 with 360+ horsepower at less than 3100 lbs.

true or not, that is seriously hot looking:

bilde

Back