• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another NSX fraud on ebay

Read the questions/answers at the bottom of the auction. Seller says someone has hacked into his account, but if he can reply to the questions, he should be able to cancel the auction too.

Listing is gone now!!!!!

People are scum. Both the WRX show car I sold earlier this month, and the NSX I just bought on ebay were ripped and used by scammers in scam auctions. I got several calls from desparate people who had paid the scammers for my red WRX, only to discover my auction, in which the car was legitimately sold to someone else. Talk about a sinking feeling. These scammers are located overseas, for the most part.

Yes, I am surprised Ebay hasn't figured out a way to LIMIT the scams more than they have. One night I started looking at some cars online, and there were about 20 in a row that were all scams. It took ebay about 10 hours to get them off there.

This seems to be a growing issue getting more attention each week (wedding dress scam on ebay last week). They will figure out something soon. Really, they have to, otherwise, people will lose confidence and quit shopping there.

I ran into a man on Ebay from one of the former Soviet Union territories. Trying to sell me a 95 green NST for 5,000.00. He had the address say somewhere here in Cali and when I asked if I could come and look at it I got a email reply saying he was out of the country and would send me the car as soon as I filled out this long A** form that asked for all of my information.

I also found that there are similar things to this in the Autotrader. They are taking pictures off Ebay and selling them on the Autotrader or trying to. When I was in the market to buy one I must have wrote 4 or 5 different people on Ebay saying someone else was selling their car in the Autotrader for a heck of allot less.

Bart Geerts said:
Yeah blame it on Europe.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, I said overseas. No one singled out Europe, per se. However, it just so happens that at least two people who were scammed for my WRX show car that I sold on ebay last month were scammed by people in Ireland. They even had fake "ebay safeharbor escrow" accounts set up that fooled the buyers into sending them money. I don't think such a thing even exists, but apparently it was convincing enough for these people to be duped into sending thousands of dollars:(.

Back