• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Automatic Gen 1 in AZ

Hello, any Gen 1 Automatics located in Arizona I might be able to test drive. I'm searching for a Gen 1, drove a manual, but want to compare to an auto...I've read the discussions in the forums, but I need to find out for myself...thanks in advance..

Hello, any Gen 1 Automatics located in Arizona I might be able to test drive. I'm searching for a Gen 1, drove a manual, but want to compare to an auto...I've read the discussions in the forums, but I need to find out for myself...thanks in advance..

Not in Arizona (near Houston) but have a 2001 automatic. Had a 1999 6spd and the auto at the same time. Sold the 6spd. I don't drive NSX hard.
IMHO auto has plenty enough oomph when I stomp on the gas. Easier to drive in traffic as well.

Trying to buy a 2002 6spd but more because a reasonable price than anything.

You may want to check with Chris at [MENTION=4260]ScienceofSpeed[/MENTION]. He is local and may know of a few cars. With a properly serviced transmission, I think the Automatic NSX is great- lots of low end pickup and it feels every bit as "NSX" as a manual. I've owned both.

Ended up getting a 1991 auto..it's awesome I'm very happy..now just need to find the best place to get it serviced in Tucson....any Tucson NSX owners here? called Precision but they said their mechanics are all too young and don't know the NSX's... sigh

Ended up getting a 1991 auto..it's awesome I'm very happy..now just need to find the best place to get it serviced in Tucson....any Tucson NSX owners here? called Precision but they said their mechanics are all too young and don't know the NSX's... sigh

I would drive to SOS. Its not far in grand scheme and your not going to find anyone better

I would drive to SOS. Its not far in grand scheme and your not going to find anyone better

I drove up there last week to check it out..I don't know how busy they are to get it in/out in one day...and if they can get things done in one day if there's an issue, then I'm stuck up there...unless they give loaners.
My EPS light is on, since it was delivered, the previous owner said it wasn't on... I tried the hack to get the code, but I either I'm doing it wrong, or it's just ot working for me...also tried resetting ECU(radio fuse)...I also noticed a small leak from the back on the driveway I want to get checked out, so much easier if there's a local place that knows what they're doing...

You definitely need to get a paper copy or at least a .pdf copy of the service manual.

Service manuals - NSX-Wiki (nsxprime.com)

There is no 'hack' to retrieving error codes from any of the devices on the NSX. For the 1991 NSX, error codes are retrieved by shorting the service check connector which is tucked up under the glove box, typically; but, not always towards the right side of the footwell. Sometimes it is easy to find, sometimes it gets tucked behind the wiring loom and can be difficult to find. The procedure for retrieving the codes is set out in the service manual. Shorting the SC connector will trigger error reporting on the EPS, TCS, SRS and ECU if there are any stored codes - all at the same time so be prepared for multiple blinking lights.

If by radio fuse you mean fuse 33 which is the keep alive power for the radio that is the correct fuse for a reset.

Yes, that is the hack I was talking about, I found my port on the left side under the steering wheel, at least I believe it’s the obd1 port, it’s got a blue connector, so I’m guessing it was moved over there, but didn’t work when I tried a paper clip..

Back