• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any events/get-togethers planned in NorCal?

Join the NSXCA. We meet monthly(sometimes more when the weather is nice) to chat and have a bite to eat. There are bay area and Sacramento chapters.

iirc, this saturday is the monthly nsx get together @ macaroni grill in milpitas... check with vytas for details (i can't seem to find the email i JUST received). (i won't be attending)

iirc, this saturday is the monthly nsx get together @ macaroni grill in milpitas... check with vytas for details (i can't seem to find the email i JUST received). (i won't be attending)

an email?? Dam....I guess I'm not in the loop............:frown:

Can someone please add me to the email list?

I don't receive any of these emails.
I have been a nsxca club member for some time.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Later,
Don

Can someone please add me to the email list?

I don't receive any of these emails.
I have been a nsxca club member for some time.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Later,
Don
don,

iirc, these are the continuation of informal monthly gatherings started in th late 90's / early 2000 and kept alive by vytas. you should probably pm vytas (prime handle "vytas") to be included on the list.

hal
btw, i may have all of that wrong, but i think it's pretty close to reality.

When I first got my nsx 11 years ago I went to these.
SV group disbanded and I stopped going.

I didn't know this was a going again. I know Vytas.
I just sent him an email assuming I still have his correct address.

Later,
Don

I'll chime in as there's considerable interest. Back in late '90s, I started a monthly NSX lunch that was to be the first Saturday of every month. We held it at the Macaroni Grill in Milpitas (McCarthy Marketplace). It was a huge meet with 15-20 cars every month. Through the years the group got smaller and smaller as people move on, sell their cars, etc. I elected to keep the monthly meetings going as there was interest form the early club members to continue them as a way to stay in touch as many of us have become great friends. I used to post the monthly meetings on Prime but stopped doing so as the "official" Bay Area NSX chapter meetings were taking place and didn't want to interfere so I maintained an email list. These monthly meetings have become more of an informal gathering. Many of us don't have NSXs anymore but there are a few that will show up as well as other rides.

If you're looking for a huge meeting with lots of NSXs, you'll be surely disappointed. The "official" Bay Area NSX chapter regional head sets up the meetings which are posted in this forum. Our monthly meetings are not official nor associated with the Bay Area NSX chapter.

For those of you who would like to join our monthly meetings, you're more than welcome to. We're all good company. Just early NSX club members meeting up, talking cars (and other subjects too) and checking out their rides. We meet the first Saturday of every month around noon or earlier.

Last edited:
In the Bay Area, you need to get to know the "right" people:

Events & Drives-> Jack & Yolanda
Car Shows & Meets-> Mike Cruz
Other members-> James (Bay Area) and Nalesh (Sac)
Track Events -> Don Templeton

These diehard members are NSX hardcore to the bone. When it comes down to it, an NSX is just another NSX- for me it's the individuals that I've met along the way that has shaped my ownership perspective.

If you can get 10% club participation , then that's actually a good turnout.
But it's the quality not the quantity right?

In the Bay Area, you need to get to know the "right" people:

Events & Drives-> Jack & Yolanda
Car Shows & Meets-> Mike Cruz
Other members-> James (Bay Area) and Nalesh (Sac)
Track Events -> Don Templeton

These diehard members are NSX hardcore to the bone. When it comes down to it, an NSX is just another NSX- for me it's the individuals that I've met along the way that has shaped my ownership perspective.

If you can get 10% club participation , then that's actually a good turnout.
But it's the quality not the quantity right?

Well said, at some point a car is just a car - the meets is about the more people for sure. The Macaroni place is like 5 min from my house so I will attend the Feb. event if I'm free :)

thanks
rick

Steven,
Whose car was this? I think I met him 5 years ago before he moved to Vegas.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2002 Meet.jpg
    2002 Meet.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
I feel a Hooters meet coming soon :smile: I'll monitor the weather and try to get it coordinated with the management. Maybe early February? We'll see...

Dreamin94, you should feel free to set up your own get together as well. Our "regulars" started coming out based on a small meet and greet that two newer members set up just between them and made it an open invitation. You'll be surprised at how many people come out when someone takes the initiative. Just don't take it personal if your first attempt doesn't have too many takers. It's not because you're a new guy - we all like meeting new owners. It's just that sometimes people have plans. Good luck!

J

I feel a Hooters meet coming soon :smile: I'll monitor the weather and try to get it coordinated with the management. Maybe early February? We'll see...

Dreamin94, you should feel free to set up your own get together as well. Our "regulars" started coming out based on a small meet and greet that two newer members set up just between them and made it an open invitation. You'll be surprised at how many people come out when someone takes the initiative. Just don't take it personal if your first attempt doesn't have too many takers. It's not because you're a new guy - we all like meeting new owners. It's just that sometimes people have plans. Good luck!

J

I've been to a few Hooters in the Yay Area and the best girls are in Campbell.....

This is my first post... Have a '94, hoping to see some other owners and their nsx's. I've owned mine for almost 4 years, thinking about some modifications but would love to see some examples and get some advice from the veterans!

Wow! your first post on Prime...Welcome. I am amazed no one else even noticed...some of you guys took your eye off the ball on this one!!

So you are interested in modding the car possibly. If you care to send me a Private Message and I would be more than happy to share my experience and answer any of your questions to the best of my ability. I'm by no means an expert on the car. Hopefully I can add some value.

Last edited:
Steven,
Whose car was this? I think I met him 5 years ago before he moved to Vegas.

attachment.php

Phong, I think his username was dizzybone or something, it had a Gruppe M Supercharger on it and alot of other cool goodies.

Wow! your first post on Prime...Welcome. I am amazed no one else even noticed...some of you guys took your eye off the ball on this one!!

So you are interested in modding the car possibly. If you care to send me a Private Message and I would be more than happy to share my experience and answer any of your questions to the best of my ability. I'm by no means an expert on the car. Hopefully I can add some value.

I noticed that he was the virgin poster. I'm not one of those NSX owners that make it an issue.

Back