• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any info on '93 NSX JH4NA1154PT000206?

Price is pretty steep. Needs a front lip and the seats are in need of some serious conditioning. The aftermarket stereo install looks like a hack job.

I googled the vin and it came up as being sold in 2011 for 28K with some aftermarket wheels.

1993 Acura NSX Manual: 28,646 miles
Sold: $28,000
At: 11/21/2011 9:26:16 PM

VIN: JH4NA1154PT000206
Private seller

http://usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/UsedCarsPrices.asp?SubmitFlag=1&theYear=1999&Make=Acura&Model=NSX

I wouldn't pay more than $30K for it.

+1 on what Big D said. Something doesn't seem right about this one. 1st of all, if I lived in Cali. I would not go through the trouble to purchase the most abundant color combo located on the opposite coast. California has the highest concentration of NSX's in the country for cryin' out loud!:confused: I can see this if it were an Imola or similar rare color. 2nd, the ad says two owner in the intro., then the ad goes on to speak of the 1st owner having it for one year, the second for eighteen and the current owner listing what has been done under his ownership; that makes it a three owner car. Lastly, the things that have been listed as being done under his ownership seem odd, some b/c of the mileage of the car and some just odd even for a 100k car (hood latch,radiator mounts). And why just replace the h2o pump belt and not the tb/wp entirely? While I was looking at the horrible attempt at a stereo/eq install, I also noticed a lot of bubbling on the paint of the trim around the center console a/c outlets. This falls in line with what Big D was saying about the seats; it shows that this car most likely has baked in the heat under direct sunlight. I would be leary and try to do some more digging. There unfortunately have been quite a few salvaged NSX's auctioned in Fla. only to have the titles washed clean to be sold to poor unsuspecting people, which makes me wonder why the current owner is selling after such a short period of ownership. I'm not saying that this is the case, but I wouldn't be surprised either.:frown:

I agree^^^

If you are going to drop that kind of coin, then you should be getting something that looks like this. This is my '91 that I sold in '10 with 69K miles and 4 owners. Everything original except the shift knob and I-pod interface.

Notice there aren't any cracks in the seats and they don't look dried out. These were just conditioned regularly.

DSC02187.JPG

Drivers side shows minor bolster wear.

DSC02188.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, that is one well-kept vehicle. I'll probably pass on this car then. There's always a better one around the corner. Thanks again for the info guys.

just notice different colored calipers on L & R:eek:

Great eye.. its like circle the 10 things that are different from photo 1 and photo 2. :biggrin:

This looks like the classic and recent case of a vehicle purchase, fix 1 or 2 items, then turn around and flip it for much more.

Great eye.. its like circle the 10 things that are different from photo 1 and photo 2. :biggrin:

This looks like the classic and recent case of a vehicle purchase, fix 1 or 2 items, then turn around and flip it for much more.

Yes, lots of little inconsistancies on this car. Nothing major but little tidbits that you can pick up on that give you a clue of how well it was cared for. I don't like how the engine cover felt is coming off either. Sure you can get a type R cover, but I prefer a OEM one.

Hello all,

I checked this car out this past weekend and found quite a few inconsistencies. Thought I should make an account here to let people know what is up!

Here is a list of things I noticed during my inspection:

-The front bumper has most certainly been replaced and repainted the seller said he had no knowledge of that. ( there are a few slats of the front bumper with overspray as well as parts not painted!)
-While crawling under the front I found an extra cover for the tow hook (looks dirty and from the previous bumper) wedged between the radiator under a leaf. Owner was again quite surprised.
-Hood seems to also be repainted with very faint tape lines apparant on the underside of the hood.
-Hood also contains a few minor cracks in the seams where the metal is folded over.
-front bumper does not line up well with right fender 100%
-Seemed that the bracket/metal part that the radiator is attached to where the front bonnet latch is connected to was also replaced and poorly painted over.
-Few points of bubbling paint (one small bubbling in the side scoop passenger side and also around where the hinges for the rear trunk attach to that lid)
-missing some plastic rivets that hold the wheel wells in place as well as 2 plastic rivets under the car on the plastic piece behind the front lip.
-front lip moderately scratched, but not horrible
-Paint is very very well matched, yet it has spiderwebbing/swirls all over as a result of improper car care washing with towels/abbrasive materials.
-Trunk lining droopy
-Interior was not in great shape, cracking/bubbling on the plastic panels, with some discoloration especially on the doorhandles.
-Radio was a disaster but it would be something I would personally replace myself with the setup I wanted.
-Sun Visor cloth was droopy and the vanity mirror was almost falling out
-Headliner was dirty, with the possibility of being stained with tar from a smoker, but the car smelled fresh so I may be mistaken here.
-Mismatched tires, (front and rear)
-cupholder/storage thing kinda falling apart.
-windows roll up slowish
-seats in average shape you can see it in his photos.

Mechanically during the test drive I noticed a few things also.

-Upon arrival, the car was warm sitting in his garage. When he first started it up it took a couple of cranks, after the test drive he started it again and it cranked right up.
-after taking a quick S turn toward a stop sign, heavy breaking ( no tire slip) upon moving again i heard a metallic ringing noise for just a second. Not sure what it was, but I will guess that it was the brakes sticking to the rotor momentarily.
-3rd gear at 3000 RPM floored it up a hill and felt as if the clutch was slipping with slight apparent hesitations (could have been the road quality) other than that, the clutch felt great and gear shifting was superb!
-Thermostat was recently replaced.

All in all, I must say that the midengine layout is epic and my search for an NSX will continue, im afraid that this car though will not fit the bill as it looks to be not taken care of with a steep price tag.

I have some pictures of most of the paint damage I saw and can post it if people are interested.

BTW the current asking price was 29k.

Last edited:
Back