• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any particular wheel look the best on stock suspension height??

Can't really lower a car in my town... I already scrape the front or sides daily. (even getting in and out of my own drive way!)
So I pretty much can't lower my car until I want to dish-out the $3k-$5k for an air ride system. And being that I currently have a LONG list of "needs" to complete this winter before next season, I think it's going to be a while before I get an air ride system! (NA2 headers, pride v2 exhaust, type-r hood, type-r wing, side skirts, front lip, rear valance, wheels/tires, audio upgrades, window regulator repair)

So in your opinion what sets of wheels look good on stock suspension height? And what kind of offsets would I need (or spacers) in order to get a more flush look?
(and I really don't want to spend $4k on wheels/tires)

So in your opinion what sets of wheels look good on stock suspension height?
IMO, stock 02+ oem wheels look best (although it still doesn't look that great) on stock suspension. Any aftermarket wheels will look like crap.

When the car is at stock suspension height, the bigger the wheel, the more it looks like a 4x4. I think for a pre-02 body style, the 94-01 wheels look best on stock suspension. The 02+ wheels have softer edges and clash a bit with the sharper lines of the pre-02 front end. The best spacers to use with those wheels to get flush but not sticking out too far (IMHO) are ones where the fronts are 10mm less than the rear (i.e., 5mm F/15mm R, or 15mm F and 25mm R). I had 15/25 and thought it stuck out too far so I went down to 5/15 which I like the best for stock wheels.

Last edited:
+1 Totally agree

When the car is at stock suspension height, the bigger the wheel, the more it looks like a 4x4. I think for a pre-02 body style, the 94-01 wheels look best on stock suspension. The 02+ wheels have softer edges and clash a bit with the sharper lines of the pre-02 front end. The best spacers to use with those wheels to get flush but not sticking out too far (IMHO) are ones where the fronts are 10mm less than the rear (i.e., 5mm F/15mm R, or 15mm F and 25mm R). I had 15/25 and thought it stuck out too far so I went down to 5/15 which I like the best for stock wheels.

Back