• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any single guys here try Match.com? I got a free subscription and I am amazed.

I know, chick's arent too into Sport Compact Cars. My daily driver has been an 06 STI, white with gold bbs wheels but it's not getting the job done. Im thinking of getting something a little more upscale.

What about a black/black RL?:smile:

What about a black/black RL?:smile:

Im thing about it:confused: The problem is used cars already have miles and I can flip-flop whenever I want to. New cars with miles are a tough sale, usually need to be sold at invoice or below. It's tough to justify "ruining" a new car. I like to take something new every 3 months.

I know about a couple who met at a chat-site on net and now have a baby and live happy together, so it's not hopeless :smile: (this was not match.com but similar concept).

Look as good as you possibly can, that's my advice! Be shaved, smell good, use clean clothes, don't have nosehairs sticking out of your nose etc., show them some class above all the average people. You don't have to spend big money and pretend to be a big spender, but just give the right first impression if a attractive girl appears.

If the girl's hot, don't say yes to everything she asks you to do - then she will get interested for sure - because she's used to all the males saying yes to everything she say :biggrin:

I can't even go to the grocery store without some chick hitting on me. It drives my wife nuts!:biggrin: I don't even think I am that good looking but the ladies sure do. I am rather chatty though, which also gets a roll of the eyes from my wife.:biggrin:

I think, by reading your posts, you have high selfesteam (now how do you spell that in english...). I really believe that when you enjoy life and feel that you can reach every goal that you want to, you give that "I'm the man" vibe to the girls.

At least how it works for me. If I'm feeling tired and lazy, no attention. If I'm feeling fresh and happy, they give much more attention.

----------------

On topic:

Never judge a girl online by only one picture :biggrin: Look at 2-3 pictures before judging her looks. To someone looks isn't everything and to others looks is a big deal, that's why I'm mentioning it.

It's all about how you feel about yourself. I lost a lot of weight and goto the gym now 5+ times a week "before newyears" lol And the last time I went out I told her that if she's going to screw around and play games tell me now and I will save my gas. We went out she paid for everything and called me after to make sure I got home safe :biggrin:

Lots of regular people with good jobs, and good lives look to internet sites to meet people outside their usual network. I was on Match for some time, and I have friends of both sexes that have been on Match. As usual I have some advice to impart. Hopefully you find it useful. These are lessons gleaned from about 3 years (off and on) of Match meetings, failures, and successes.

Perception

A woman I know once showed me her Match account. We had a laugh over some of the messages she had saved to her inbox. Here are some of the things I saw that you can stay away from.
1. Fishing: She showed me two messages from the same guy approx 2 weeks apart- they were the exact same message. This dude had written a “form letter” for contact, and was just sending it out over and over like a fisherman casting his favorite lure. Dude- that is just lazy.

2. Contact from guys who were disqualified: The woman in question was 27, her preferred age max was 32, yet this didn’t stop guys who were old enough to be her Dad from bringing the hits. Another issue was one of geographical disqualification- out of towners, out of staters, out of country-ers- it happens, but the possibility for success is slim. In this case her profile actually stated “I am not interested in anyone outside of the city”- but that didn’t stop the inquiries.

She also warned me about "Match Players”- She told me that she knew women who would meet a guy just to get the free dinner, or free drinks, so watch oout for that.

Profile tips.

1. Make no mistake- this is marketing, and the product is you. Write your blurb as such, and have a female friend read it before you post it. Think of your profile like a resume it is good to update it every once in a while, also it seems like when you make changes your profile views will spike- I think this has something to do with the “fresh” profiles going to the top of the rotation on the daily emails.

2. Pictures- I always had the max allowed. Lots of pictures ease their mind that you actually look like your profile. I included a couple “self portraits” (the camera timer is your friend) but the majority were always pictures of me out enjoying my life- photos from vacations with friends, camping trips, hanging out with the family- these will demonstrate that you are a normal stable human being. I also advise at least one shot of your pet if you have one- not just cause they are cute, but because you want her to know that you have a pet, and if she is allergic, or opposed than she need not apply. Pictures of you with hot ex-girlfriend= bad idea. Pictures of you where you blatantly cropped out a girlfriend= bad idea they just don’t have the appeal. If you were really cut 2 years ago, but have since gone on a cheeseburger and beer diet don't post the two year old pictures- that isn't "you" anymore.

3. Be honest- if you are divorced, say you are divorced, if you smoke, say you smoke, if you have 5 kids from 5 different baby mammas- maybe you shouldn’t be internet dating :D The fact is many people shopping for dates on the internet are doing so because they got sick of liars, or game players. If you misrepresent yourself up front the likelihood of any kind of dating success is minimal.

4. Shop in the “who has looked at my profile” tab- this is a cool feature they added a few years ago. You can see what users have looked at your profile and contact them. The idea here is that something about you already caught their attention so why not exploit that.

5. Do not send “winks” these are frivolous. Most women I met via Match have said they get dozens of winks. They mean nothing. If you see someone who interests you take a moment to read their profile. See if you can identify some things you have in common then assemble a quick 4 line note regarding those things. Ask if she is interested in knowing more. This means a lot more to the person who recievs it and you will likely get a response.

Meeting people from Match

1. Don’t wait too long. An endless email chain might seem like a good idea to get to know each other at first, but I found that knowing too much going into a date makes conversation difficult. Also you don’t want to draw them in too much in case you meet them and the physical attraction is vetoed.

2. Phone time is advised- you get to hear each others voices, and see if you really have anything in common. (don’t be drunk on the call- long story…:tongue: )

3. Assume the first meeting is platonic. Don’t go in with your expectations too high.

4. Be original- the big catch phrase for Match people is “I am so sick of the bar scene” if that is the case, than why would it seem like a good idea to meet in a bar? I usually try to arrange a meeting in a very public yet non traditional place. A few ideas that worked well for me: cheesecake factory for dessert, the dog park, the arboretum, an art museum, the polar bear tank at the zoo, I met my current girlfriend on the observation deck of the Sears Tower. Figure out something that works for you. The idea is to go somewhere that promotes conversation. It takes the stress off, and makes the meeting more interesting. If women can get “sick of the bar scene” than it stands to reason that they can get “sick of the match scene” too. Be different.

5. If you have met someone, and you want to see them again- quit shopping for the time being, maybe even “hide” your profile. It lets them know you are interested. Be wary that women sometimes send your profile to their girlfriends to “check you out”- if you send one of those girlfriends a “hello thanks for looking note” after you met their friend, chances are that you are “out” on both counts.

So that is what I have for you. Happy hunting!

Last edited:
WOW, Match.com STUD! When's the book coming out? :biggrin:

Laugh now, but I should write it.

How else does a man pay for an NSX? :biggrin:

Current relationship is 2 months old, and Match.com sourced. There isn't an easier way to meet women when you are new to a city.

I had my first date in Chicago before my furniture arrived! :biggrin:

Philip

Last edited:
You should I was married for 4 years and together for 6. I know what to do when I get one, just getting one needs a little work lol. :biggrin:

Laugh now, but I should write it.

How else does a man pay for an NSX? :biggrin:

Current relationship is 2 months old, and Match.com sourced. There isn't an easier way to meet women when you are new to a city.

I had my first date in Chicago before my furniture arrived! :biggrin:

Philip

It's all about how you feel about yourself. I lost a lot of weight and goto the gym now 5+ times a week "before newyears" lol And the last time I went out I told her that if she's going to screw around and play games tell me now and I will save my gas. We went out she paid for everything and called me after to make sure I got home safe :biggrin:

waite!! she paid!!!! dude The only time you should make a lady pay id if your broke or shes rich as hell .

Last edited:
You should I was married for 4 years and together for 6. I know what to do when I get one, just getting one needs a little work lol. :biggrin:

Yeah well... A wise man once said- "those who can't do, teach..." :D

Together 5 years, married 3 years- I have been back out here paying my dues for 4 years, in three different cities. I am still trying to pick a winner...

Dating is much harder after you have been married- It has become too easy to see what to look out for.

A buddy of mine once asked me if I thought my new girlfriend was crazy-
Being an optomist I answered "I don't know yet"
so he says "does she have a vagina?"
I say: Yeah.
My buddy responds: Yup! She's crazy! :D

The match advice works to collect candidates, but that doesn't make them "keepers".

Good luck fellas

Philip

waite!! she paid!!!! dude The only time you should make a lady pay id if your broke or shes rich as hell .

Don't forget to take the advice of our resident teenaged don-juan fellas! I am sure he has lapped the block a lot more times than any of us...

I suppose you should also make sure to keep her barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen right?

LoL!

It is good to be a gentleman, but modern women are a little more complex than to allow a guy to pay the bill all the time.

Just bustin em for ya tjobeid- You have it better than any of us- you still have college to look forward to!

(Dear God, I loved college...) :D :D :D

Philip

even in LA.... the X or the elise really gets no play... does with OLD people and maybe kids.... but both are not really the target audience i'm looking for... :redface: :frown: :mad:

its sorta sad in a city where BENTLEY's become dime a dozen...

Forget the exotic cars. In SoCal the best p***ywagon has and always will be a Jeep with a couple of surfboards in the back. :cool:

I fully agree with the dog park idea... my husky has the exact same taste in women that I do. He runs up to them and gets real playful, tries to get in their car when they leave, it's perfect.

I can't wait for spring/summer again.

I'm a single chick (not technically yet, but it's in the works) and I've been on Yahoo Personals for a month. I need to try Match.com. Yahoo seems like the guys are all yahoos. I've only met one guy through it, and like someone else said, the photos some people put up are very dated. He looked way older in person than what he posted. I live near Los Angeles and go to car meets. See lots of guys, but without wearing a big sign that says SINGLE LADY LOOKING, what's a girl to do to meet you? I have two German Shepherds but no dog parks. I don't have an NSX but I'm an S2000 groupie and have a few friends with NSXs, but the guys are all taken.

Female on NSXprime. All you REALLY need to do is put up a personal ad here on prime :wink:

Then when you rally up a good ten or so candidates, you can have them run time trials at one of the go kart tracks. Best times get a date, in the order of the times that they come in. lol

Last edited:
Get the sign and you will be set lol :biggrin: Car show = 95% single guys, I wish I knew of something I could goto with 95% woman that were single and liked cars lol.

I'm a single chick (not technically yet, but it's in the works) and I've been on Yahoo Personals for a month. I need to try Match.com. Yahoo seems like the guys are all yahoos. I've only met one guy through it, and like someone else said, the photos some people put up are very dated. He looked way older in person than what he posted. I live near Los Angeles and go to car meets. See lots of guys, but without wearing a big sign that says SINGLE LADY LOOKING, what's a girl to do to meet you? I have two German Shepherds but no dog parks. I don't have an NSX but I'm an S2000 groupie and have a few friends with NSXs, but the guys are all taken.

Get the sign and you will be set lol :biggrin: Car show = 95% single guys, I wish I knew of something I could goto with 95% woman that were single and liked cars lol.

How do you know they're 95% single? The show I go to Coffee and Cars, I meet up with some S2000 owners and an NSX owner. Only one of them is single but he wants to be. I always figure most of them got a gate pass from their wives since it's so damn early on a Saturday morning anyway.

Female on NSXprime. All you REALLY need to do is put up a personal ad here on prime :wink:

Then when you rally up a good ten or so candidates, you can have them run time trials at one of the go kart tracks. Best times get a date, in the order of the times that they come in. lol

:biggrin: Funny. Now how do I place that ad? :wink:

I think you pretty much just have by default, since I'm sure most of the single guys have read this thread.

See lots of guys, but without wearing a big sign that says SINGLE LADY LOOKING, what's a girl to do to meet you?

Show that you are interested, that would probably help :rolleyes: Smile, be friendly, strike up a conversation, it should be pretty easy since you are all there about the cars, then you can gauge thier interest in how they interact with you.

Most all woman that are at least moderately attractive can get hit on even if they just woke up and went to the grocery store in thier pj's. You might say no, but you know it's true. Guys will flirt with women just about anywhere, and no man or woman will flirt with someone they don't have some attraction to, unless they are just cruel and some women are.

I think you pretty much just have by default, since I'm sure most of the single guys have read this thread.

He's right, we have read it.

wavey.gif
Hi Patricia!

Back