• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any single guys here try Match.com? I got a free subscription and I am amazed.

^Huh? stick-e? Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll make an effort at the next Coffee and Cars I go to.

LOL.... stick-e-rice, the original poster. Last sentence was not directed at you Kyras... :smile:

I had good success on Match last spring/summer. had a great time, went on about 7 dates in 5 weeks, at the very least it made for great stories!

Took a girl to a Sox Game and she fell down 4 times (i mean major face to pavment kind of stuff :eek: ) She said she was just clumsy but the last time she almost fell on the tracks of the L-Train!! We did not go on another date, but it is super funny story to tell to friends and Family. :biggrin:

I was going to start back into it once spring rolls around!

Ohh yea.. as far as Internet dating advice goes... Meet sooner rather than later, long drawn out emails are not the ticket and do make meeting awkward later on.

I'm a single chick (not technically yet, but it's in the works) and I've been on Yahoo Personals for a month. I need to try Match.com. Yahoo seems like the guys are all yahoos. I've only met one guy through it, and like someone else said, the photos some people put up are very dated. He looked way older in person than what he posted. I live near Los Angeles and go to car meets. See lots of guys, but without wearing a big sign that says SINGLE LADY LOOKING, what's a girl to do to meet you? I have two German Shepherds but no dog parks. I don't have an NSX but I'm an S2000 groupie and have a few friends with NSXs, but the guys are all taken.

Post newds? I kid, I kid. Post a pic in this thread and we'll all watch the leg humping frenzy...

Just wear a neon green Thong like Borat and stand next to your NSX with two thumbs up and title your header "I LIKE!!!" ... you'll be all set... :biggrin:

It has worked well for me. I've had a lot of customers come in the restaurant. Most of the girls are not my type, but I'll take the business.

Be nice and respectful to them....they really appreciate that.

Beware of some fraudulent activity on some accounts though. I had a couple of people there asking for my personal information and to borrow some money. They all had really nice looking pictures. I reported them right away. These people feed on the lonely and I think these people are the worse kind.

My free membership expires in 5 months, but there is nothing really to lose. You just have to send 5 emails a month to 5 different people.

I might keep the membership. It is only $20 a month.

My colleague joined and she thinks its all laughs and giggles. She checks her email from time to time and flirts with the guys but thats about as far as it gets since she's married but she gets a kick out of the attention. (she might be meeting them too but if she is she'll usually tell me). So I gave it a try about a month ago and strangely, I find picking up a girl in person is a lot more easier and a lot more interesting.

My colleague joined and she thinks its all laughs and giggles. She checks her email from time to time and flirts with the guys but thats about as far as it gets since she's married but she gets a kick out of the attention. (she might be meeting them too but if she is she'll usually tell me). So I gave it a try about a month ago and strangely, I find picking up a girl in person is a lot more easier and a lot more interesting.

sucks to be the man married to her :mad: :confused: :frown: :rolleyes:

a world where ONLINE dating is not cheating.. haha

Wait until you hit 35 or so, then the chicks start hitting on the guys........ Very strange but thats how it seems to work.:confused: Never had much luck with the girls until my mid thirties. Then I was getting more a$$ than a toilet seat in the womans bathroom. :biggrin: Of course I'm married now so I have no comment on internet dating.

I know, chick's arent too into Sport Compact Cars. My daily driver has been an 06 STI, white with gold bbs wheels but it's not getting the job done. Im thinking of getting something a little more upscale.

335 :)

Ditto...

rice1.jpg

rice4.jpg

rice5.jpg

hahha scanning through this thread and finding this soooo funny! Damn, I always wondered why there where tons of guys with little puppies out at the dog park! Cause they were borrowing their friends dogs to pick up chicks! haha very sneaky! Now I am learning how the male mind works! hehehe good stuff! :biggrin:

I don't have to borrow anyones doggie, I got my own a black lab/great dane mix that loves to ride around in the car with me. And I'm sure women don't do anything to get attention from men...lol

Maybe I need a puppy then....

ONLY get one if you have time to walk and care for it properly. Do NOT get one just for meeting girls, because after you meet one that puppy still needs to be cared for. I have seen too many people get pets for novelty, and then they go unloved when the newness passess. Drives me nuts.

...Another issue was one of geographical disqualification- out of towners, out of staters, out of country-ers- it happens, but the possibility for success is slim...

I guess I have been lucky and defied the odds. When I met my wife, on an online CAR site of all places, we lived in two different countries. We met, hit it off perfectly, and were married soon after....we have been happy ever since. :)

The funny thing is I have two other friends who met each other through an online car site, are from two different countries, and are getting married.

The best part about it is that it is the SAME online car site for all of us, and all four of us owned the same model car. LOL!! Crazy, eh? :wink:

Nobody that is my type is on there within 150 miles, but I guess I'll take the customers.

I'm located right within walking distance to the wealthiest private university in Colorado, so there are tons of hotties around here. I must say I love my business.:biggrin:

I'll post pictures of some of the events we have been doing here.:wink:

I guess I have been lucky and defied the odds. When I met my wife, on an online CAR site of all places, we lived in two different countries. We met, hit it off perfectly, and were married soon after....we have been happy ever since. :)

The funny thing is I have two other friends who met each other through an online car site, are from two different countries, and are getting married.

The best part about it is that it is the SAME online car site for all of us, and all four of us owned the same model car. LOL!! Crazy, eh? :wink:

Hey Mitch, don't you remember me, from that same car site? I know about you and your wife. That car site is a life changer. I feel head-over-heels for one guy I meet last year at a car meet back-east. We live 2,600 miles apart. He has an NSX too. Unfortunatley that didn't work out although I still have hope for someday. My best friend in the world I also met because of that site and he too lives back east and owns an NSX. Seems like all the super nice guys live back east.

Hey Mitch, don't you remember me, from that same car site? I know about you and your wife. That car site is a life changer. I feel head-over-heels for one guy I meet last year at a car meet back-east. We live 2,600 miles apart. He has an NSX too. Unfortunatley that didn't work out although I still have hope for someday. My best friend in the world I also met because of that site and he too lives back east and owns an NSX. Seems like all the super nice guys live back east.

Hello!! I figured from your screen name it was you. :)

Yes, that site seems to have been a life changer in our little world. It is crazy how something like buying and owning a certain car can change your life. :)

What web site are you guy's referring too?

I dated a girl from s2ki.com after a meet and... well... lets just say I had to threaten to put a restraining order on her. She would come to my house at 2 or 3 in the morning and threaten that if I didnt open the door and let her in, she would ring my doorbell all night until I did. She'd show up at my work when I told her not to, buy me stuff when I said I didnt want anything from her or anything to do with her and she is the only other woman who was ever able to frustrate the hell out of me other than my mother. I won't let the experience take me away from meeting someone else in another meet but my first outing didn't turn out as good as yours.

Ooo, Los Angeles area... Wondering who is that crazy out here. Wondering if she was another S owner. Not too many of us around, female wise.

Back