• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any way of miminizing bolster wear?

Hi, folks, new owner and member here.
Is there any techniques for minimizing the driver's bolster wear on my black interior? Any covers or other ideas that might keep my seats looking good? Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated.
Regards, John.

Wear softer clothes.

make sure you postion your leg as to not rub it.

also make sure your foot doesnt rub the carpet thats the first thing to show wear.

the trick is sit down on the lip and slide into the seat.

this lip was made for this reason. try it out

One NSX at NSXPO 2011 had full-seat sheepskin seat covers. That would certainly eliminate the wear. They were aftermarket - the ones Honda/Acura sold were only demi covers that covered the center sections but not the bolsters - and I'm sure you can find some on the internet by googling "sheepskin seat covers".

Otherwise, try to keep your weight from rubbing on the side bolsters as you enter and leave the car. One trick is to slide the seat all the way back before entering or leaving.

Move to an area where it rains a lot so you can't drive your car. This way the seat won't get worn, and the car won't get wet.

Jeepers creepers people, it's just a car. When my seat was starting to show some wear I ordered the leatherseats.com seat covers with red stitching that looks 1000x's better than the OEM. There are always options to correcting wear on a car.

Move to an area where it rains a lot so you can't drive your car. This way the seat won't get worn, and the car won't get wet.

Jeepers creepers people, it's just a car. When my seat was starting to show some wear I ordered the leatherseats.com seat covers with red stitching that looks 1000x's better than the OEM. There are always options to correcting wear on a car.

I read " it's only a car" and thought about this

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=hE5iNOZfRrg

Btw I do not pamper my car but I don't think it's just a car neither ;)

Nevermind sheepskin covers.

Wear sheepskin pants.

Why stop there - bring a whole sheep with you on every ride, sit on sheep. Move sheep to passenger seat and now you have someone to talk to about your perfect bolsters too. :cool:

Wear sheepskin pants.

Why stop there - bring a whole sheep with you on every ride, sit on sheep. Move sheep to passenger seat and now you have someone to talk to about your perfect bolsters too. :cool:

Now we're talking about sheep as a passenger. I think this thread is about to take a direction that we don't want to go. :eek:

John,

One word, Zymol leather conditioner. A little slippery getting in and out but makes the leather soft and flexible. Do not use any non-oil based cleaners for leather. They remove the natural oils and dry out the leather.
Stephen

Hi, folks, new owner and member here.
Is there any techniques for minimizing the driver's bolster wear on my black interior? Any covers or other ideas that might keep my seats looking good? Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated.
Regards, John.

This advice SO would not work for me...I am one of the nuts that thinks driving in the rain is one of the best experiences EVER! The NSX always stretches her legs when it gets wet out :tongue:

Wear sheepskin pants.

I lost it when I read that one, thank you for the laughs!!!!!!!

Back