• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anybody have carbon fiber dashkit installed?

I am contemplating carbon fiber dash kit from IPT Dashkits.Has anybody dealt with them and bought a dash kit from them?My one concern is I replaced my stock radio and the cut out of the kit is done for the stock radio but they supply a square cut out for new radios.Does it fit well?
Thanks,John

I'm wondering the same. i think you can have them not cut out the stock radio. Basically, it'll be all CF and you have to do the cut out yourself. My question: How hard is it to cut CF?

Originally posted by project13nsx:
I'm wondering the same. i think you can have them not cut out the stock radio. Basically, it'll be all CF and you have to do the cut out yourself. My question: How hard is it to cut CF?

I heard it doesn't look good if you have to cut it.Anybody else know?

John, if you get a blank & cut it yourself, it will definitely look aftermarket. You will get a "raw" edge of exposed fiber as opposed to the beveled epoxy laminate edge. I traced a template on paper using the actual console. I then drew in the exact areas I wanted cut out. I sent the template to Superior Dash in FL. They are the manufacturing company for many of the dash kit resellers. Using the template, a designer duplicates it on computer, then the CF is laser cut. For the center section, I think I paid $120 for the custom one off fabrication.

QWKSLVR,

Could you post the contact info of Superior Dash. Also do you have the centre console from Craig H.

Thanks.

PS. Do you have any pics.

I have the CF kit from IPT. it is great quality and a good price. The only thing I can question is the ashtray piece not covering the whole piece that has the bump in it...but I like it still because it still complements some of the parts that arent covered on the center console...

Qwikslver,It would be awesome if you could post that info and some pics.I have the center console from Craig H. because I changed my radio.It would be great to trace it off and send it out to be cut perfect.
Thanks,John

Back