• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone been to Lanai Hawaii?

I've been going to Hawaii for 35 years now, been to all the islands many times, and I've got to say that Lanai is one of the nicest places there. The 2 resorts are fantastic ( try to stay at both if you can ) and yet you can still find old Hawaii there. Rent a Jeep and go everywhere - worth every penny.

Last edited:
Lanai is mostly privately owned isn't it? From the satellite it looks like there's an airport, a town and the Four Seasons. Have fun and let us know how it was.

basics_welcome.jpg

MAN_006_1024x819_watermark.jpg

MAN_038_1024x819_watermark.jpg

MAN_219_1024x819_watermark.jpg

Yes. Stayed at the Lanai Lodge I believe. It was a VERY long time ago. Went wild boar hunting - it was quite thrilling.

are the local girls hot or not?

I thought you were taking some "Suzie-home-maker" with you and not one of the tattooed chicks because you were hanging with some "C level" people.:confused:

I'd suggest taking a day and take the ferry over to Maui. Not sure you'd have time to do the Road to Hana but it'd be worth it to see it and some of Maui's sights.

We're going back in April but not going to Lanai.

http://www.go-lanai.com/

Spent a day on Lanai this past August. Touring in the Jeep was pretty wild. Shipwreck Beach is pretty cool, although getting there was interesting. People literally live in little huts constructed of plywood right on the ocean. You drive right by their front door en route to the shipwreck. Kids playing in road and all. Hippies from the U.S. mainly. God I hate hippies. The resorts are very well maintained, but the town is run down and outdated. We'll surely return to Hawaii, but likely won't return to Lanai. The resorts are just as nice on any of the other islands. Just my $0.02.

The Road to Hana - a driver's nirvana. Cruise out there, and once you reach the end, start your spirited drive back. One of the most fascinating roads in the world.

Joe

Back